*Author

safko01

Arch Titans! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7655.msg85484#msg85484
« on: June 08, 2010, 02:38:59 am »
First off please let me know if you think you have a better name for this deck :).

Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
744 744 744 744 74c 74c 74c 74c 74c 74d 74d 74d 74d 74d 74d 7jo 7jo 7jo 7jo 7jo 7jo 7jo 7jo 7jo 7jo 7jo 7jo 7ju 7ju 7ju 7ju 7ju 7ju 7k2 7k2 7n2 7n2 7n2 7n2 7n2 8pl

So I've been working on this deck for a few weeks now and some of you may have scene me online testing it.  It has gone through several variations and I've finally landed on this one.

The Concept

So as many of you know the titans are 8/70 animated and upgraded.  The goal is to get one animated titan with a gravity pull on it and then use your angels to kill the enemies creatures while healing the titans.

I struggled with this deck for a while and this version finally works!  I originally had it as a mono gravity deck that was much faster but had problems with creature control.  The extra 70 health was nice but didn't guarantee a win.  I needed creatures in the deck that did not have momentum so I could use any extra gravity pulls beyond the first one on creatures to limit the damage done to the titans.  The angels ended up working much better than colossal dragons or other creatures I tested out.

Another trick to remember is if one titan gets very weak switch the gravity pull to one of your healthier titans.

Pros:

Can get out a very strong (and sometimes near indestructible) shield very early usually.

Momentum so you do not need to worry about shields.

Cons:

Very vulnerable to reverse times and mutation.

Buried titans and gravity pulls drastically reduce the effectiveness of this deck.

Your "meat shield" requires 3 cards to put out.

I originally had a 30 then 33 card version of this deck but I just feel that I need the extra cards for this one.  I know a lot of people will complain about the 40 card deck so I'm curious to see other people's variations on this.  Please post below if you can find an effective way to shave a few cards out of this deck.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 09:22:13 pm by willng3 »

Offline kev

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Ungrounded
  • Awards: Winner of Team PvP #5Master of Multipliers - Scorgasm WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2010 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner2nd Trials - Master of FireFavorite Staff Member of 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerMVP of Draft #2Make a Quiz winnerTeam PvP #3 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWar #1 Winner - Team Fire
Re: Arch Titans! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7655.msg85498#msg85498
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 03:18:41 am »
There are a few flying titan decks on the forum, I think.  They may be better than  my following suggestions...

I like what you have for the most part, but for 3-card combos to work a 30-card deck is best.  And in this deck's case a holy flash would be much better than a miracle.  Plus, miracles require light pillars you don't have space for and are unnecessary if this deck is working well.

I'd prolly try:
5 titans
5 g-force
6 gravity towers
5 animates
4 archangels
5 light towers
and tweak from there.

unionruler

Re: Arch Titans! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7655.msg86127#msg86127
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 11:50:16 pm »
What is the deck for? I know it sounds like a stupid question but really, this cannot be employed for T50, AI5 or FGs. I wouldn't understand if you said you wanted to use it for PvP because mono  :gravity or a  :gravity/ :aether duo with the same meat shield effect works much better, and so does the other extreme--a mono  :light with miracles and damage sources. As far as I can see, you wouldn't be having any permanent control anyway.

safko01

Re: Arch Titans! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7655.msg86463#msg86463
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 01:35:34 pm »
What is the deck for? I know it sounds like a stupid question but really, this cannot be employed for T50, AI5 or FGs. I wouldn't understand if you said you wanted to use it for PvP because mono  :gravity or a  :gravity/ :aether duo with the same meat shield effect works much better, and so does the other extreme--a mono  :light with miracles and damage sources. As far as I can see, you wouldn't be having any permanent control anyway.
Me and Loudog designed it as a pvp deck.  We just hadn't scene anyone use a titan like that and thought it was an original idea.  It's not working out as well as I would have liked so I decided to post it and see if anyone came up with something that could help improve it.

As far as  :gravity  :aether I'm not sure what the combo would be?  PUs?  The miracles could probably be taken out but the problem is gravity pull doesn't absorb weapon damage and sometimes u need a little boost in health to finish your opponent.  I could see though how holy flash could work out better in this scenario.

Mono  :gravity I kept running into the problem that I couldn't kill any of my opponents creatures when I really needed to because of the lack of creatures without momentum.

This deck started as a mono  :gravity deck and was not by any means better than this combination.  Not even close! 

I did think of trying this as a duo  :gravity :aether but just never really implemented it (mainly cause of lack of electum I had the cards for the  :light cause I had worked on a super angel deck before this) but would be happy to hear your suggestions and test them out in the trainer.

Re: Arch Titans! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7655.msg86768#msg86768
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2010, 08:13:44 pm »
Not PU... go for Quint.  Titan > Animate > Gravity Force > Quint is SCARY.  Quinted creatures can only be touched by shields, and Titan has innate Momentum.  Still, it's a four-card combo, but the GF isn't absolutely necessary... it's just a way to get the weapons to absorb damage.  If you need to fly a Titan and you have quint but not GF, that's still another 8 damage per turn that can't be stopped, ever.

For mono- :gravity version, you could try sticking a Long Sword or two in there.  Then if you need to chop down a nasty critter fast, pop sword and GF.  Hold the swords in your hand until you really need them.

If you set up decently well, though, the only creatures you'd ever need to control would be ones with Momentum.

Tea is good

Re: Arch Titans! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7655.msg86804#msg86804
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2010, 08:49:05 pm »
weapons don't hit Gravity pulled creatures. Oh , are you saying that he should waste an animate weapons?

Re: Arch Titans! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7655.msg86808#msg86808
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2010, 08:53:24 pm »
Woops.  That's one of those finer points I tend to forget as a fairly new player.  You could throw in a few Graviton Guards, though.  Anyway, if you're up against someone using Momentum'd creatures, "wasting" an Animate on a sword wouldn't be a huge problem.  Not like you need your Titans out absorbing stuff if they're ignoring it.  It is still a minor issue as you'd need a 3-card combo to CC something... :P

Offline yaladilae

• Reputation Power: 12
  • yaladilae is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.yaladilae is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • † RIP Butterfly Angel †
  • Awards: Undefeated 100-0 Competition Winner
Re: Arch Titans! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7655.msg86887#msg86887
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2010, 09:48:42 pm »
Ok, as much as you would want to argue about this, 40 card is too big!!!!!

Other then that, finally someone with an decent deck, because you used angel!!!!!!! (and no darkness card)

I tested alot of deck with similar idea,s apart from rewind, it works really really great, I must say =)

Re: Arch Titans! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7655.msg86927#msg86927
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2010, 10:16:14 pm »
Yep, and Rewind is not a terribly common tactic apart from rainbows (which take forever to get their Eternity out anyway).  There is SO much creature control out there that just doesn't make much of a dent against flying Titans... the only ones you really need to worry about at all are:

Antimatter
Rewind
Mutate
Freeze-Shockwave (usually only Freeze unless fighting Neptune)

Lobo can remove the GF (can it?  I remember hearing something to the contrary) but most decks that can do that can't stop the damage itself.  PU can create a damage threat but the GF will be worthless to the opponent.  This is a very short list, and it exposes a weakness of the deck - Entropy.  Entropy causes trouble to many decks, though.  :)

This does make adding Quint look pretty pointless unless you know who you're facing.

safko01

Re: Arch Titans! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7655.msg87172#msg87172
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2010, 01:58:10 am »
Ok, as much as you would want to argue about this, 40 card is too big!!!!!

Other then that, finally someone with an decent deck, because you used angel!!!!!!! (and no darkness card)

I tested alot of deck with similar idea,s apart from rewind, it works really really great, I must say =)
Yeah I love my angels too :) .  I also love my 30 card decks as much as the next guy but for some reason I kept running into problems decking out.  I'm sure there is a way to fine tune this down to 30 cards and keep a high winning percentage but I just kind of ran out of steam working on this deck.  I've been working on this deck for about a month and I'm just ready to start on my new one.  This is why I've decided to just share this with the community and see what comes out of it.

Please every that says this isn't a good combo keep in mind that having 3-4 angels out with 1 titan with Gforce on it is SCARY!  Your healing 15 - 20 damage that is done to your titan and you can use your extra gravity forces to take out his strongest creatures.  You can really become untouchable and you don't need to keep pumping out more titans (in case you do run into rewinds you can just play it one at a time).

Offline GG

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Retired from everything...
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake3rd Trials - Master of Gravity2nd Trials - Master of GravityC-C-C-Combo Maker Winner!Weekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2011 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2010 2nd PlaceNew Passive Ability Competition Winner
Re: Arch Titans! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7655.msg87356#msg87356
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2010, 05:31:35 am »
personally, i love decks that feature flying titans. >_<

as you mentioned, one simple reverse time or mutation would own the flown titans, so u somehow need to put in a way to guard those flying weapons.

also, the deck seems a bit too big. i don't think the angels are stuff are even necessary for healing, since the game would be over before the titans take enough damage to be killed.
Ex-Master of :gravity, still a fervid supporter! GO GRAVY!

Offline yaladilae

• Reputation Power: 12
  • yaladilae is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.yaladilae is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • † RIP Butterfly Angel †
  • Awards: Undefeated 100-0 Competition Winner
Re: Arch Titans! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7655.msg87363#msg87363
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2010, 05:42:20 am »
antimatter is actually not too bad.

Try this version, So far In trainer, I got 9-1 against HB, not too shabby for a deck that I didnt spent too much time tweaking
Code: [Select]
6rn 6rn 744 744 744 744 74c 74c 74c 74c 74d 74d 74d 74d 74d 74d 7jo 7jo 7jo 7jo 7jo 7jo 7jo 7jo 7jo 7ju 7ju 7ju 7ju 7ju 7n2 7n2 7n2

anything
blarg: