*Author

Offline UndeadSpider1990Topic starter

• Reputation Power: 13
  • UndeadSpider1990 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.UndeadSpider1990 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Hey you! Join a PvP event!
Patient Earthlings, Again? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=51298.msg1099320#msg1099320
« on: September 27, 2013, 01:54:43 am »
I titled this post as I did because I remember seeing the name before. I'm sure this kind of deck has been done, but I wasn't able to find a similar one so I'd be grateful for any links.

Patient Earthlings Again?by UndeadSpider1990
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
58u 58u 58u 58u 58u 58u 596 596 596 596 596 596 5i4 5i4 5i4 5ib 5ib 5ic 5ic 5ic 5j2 5j2 5j2 5j2 5jm 5jm 5jm 5jm 5jm 5jm 8pm

Play Order:
Gnome > Warden
Except vs. an immediate threat (e.g. Mind Flayer).

Trident > Squid
Use the Trident ASAP for effectiveness of Earthquake. Use judgement on whether Trident > Patience.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 08:22:58 pm by antiaverage »
Like reading? Here's a story inspired by Elements, City of Alchemy. :)

Offline dragonsdemesne

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Leeeeeeeeeeroyyyyyyyyy....
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2013 WinnerBattle League 1/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2012 3rd Place
Re: Patient Earthlings, Again? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=51298.msg1099332#msg1099332
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2013, 05:19:50 am »
These are the decks I used in the last BL season: (my version of this is called "The real Neptune" and went 18-4)

http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,51177.0.html

Yours has +1 trident, -2 purify, and I had 8 earth pend + water mark instead of your quanta base.  Of the decks I played more than a couple games, it was actually one of my top BL decks last season, being beaten only by a monofire phoenix/firebolt deck that went 6-0.  I used the purifies because I felt that poison decks were one of the biggest weaknesses of the deck.  (you'll own most creature-based decks because you have so much CC, for example)  Poison decks also often don't need a lot of quanta to work, so trident isn't as effective in slowing them down as it is some other decks.  The other reason I used purify is because I simply get nervous without a bit of healing in my decks, if possible, but that's simply personal play style.  (I tried it with stoneskin instead of purify, but purify is the better choice in most cases, since you rarely have much quanta built up)  I ran 31 cards in case I ever went up against some sort of nasty counter like gravity shield and had to survive deckout vs another 30 card deck, but this scenario never happened in 22 league games with this deck; every game was won or lost by damage.

It's definitely a good deck, and it's a lot of fun to play.  It was also the deck I felt was the most creative of my BL decks last season, again for the reason you mentioned; I hadn't seen it done before, but it seemed like it should have been :p  Based on my notes for BL last season, its biggest weaknesses were eternity and unstable gas decks.  An early eternity pretty much spells instant death for this deck, and unstable gases are instant death once the opponent gets 5 of them.  (stoneskin lets you win in the second scenario, but costs you more games in other matchups, so overall I think purify > stoneskin, should you choose to use either)  An early trident can help you in either case, since both eternity and OTKs need a certain amount of quanta to work, and if you can deny that, you have a chance.

• UndeadSpider1990 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.UndeadSpider1990 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
Re: Patient Earthlings, Again? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=51298.msg1099524#msg1099524
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2013, 10:23:48 am »
As a matter of fact, I began writing this post with a different build which used Purifys. I chose them for much the same reason. I also feel their small life-gain goes a long way with the amount of stall and CC this deck packs.

I removed them partly in favor of Squids (I wasn't using them previously, yet was generating too much :water) and also to give space for the 3rd Trident. I chose 3 Tridents to improve my chances of effecting Earthquake as soon as possible.

Thanks for your detailed comments! : )

Offline archertoon2

• Reputation Power: 1
  • archertoon2 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Patient Earthlings, Again? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=51298.msg1107274#msg1107274
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2013, 01:34:40 pm »
I love this deck, even I have only 2 shard of patience and 2 trident, but it's still enough to win a lot in unup PVP and low level AI.
I'm considering to use this deck in Arena too, though those Dimension shields can be really annoying.

Re: Patient Earthlings, Again? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=51298.msg1107667#msg1107667
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2013, 01:20:31 am »
I love this deck, even I have only 2 shard of patience and 2 trident, but it's still enough to win a lot in unup PVP and low level AI.
I'm considering to use this deck in Arena too, though those Dimension shields can be really annoying.

Thanks.

I think water can ramp up some defense against Mono Aether using Ice Shield, and hopefully Earthquake (or Trident) will hinder the ability to chain Phase Shields.

How about since you're -1 Trident and -2 SoP, try +2 Ice Shield +1 Water Pillar?

anything
blarg: UndeadSpider1990