*Author

Offline MarvaddinTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 13
  • Marvaddin is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Marvaddin is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • War to the Fake Gods!
High Gravity Bronze [Bronze][Silver][AI4] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46710.msg1040447#msg1040447
« on: February 09, 2013, 05:49:47 pm »
Hi, all.

I still dont have all the new shards, so although I also play Platinum League, sometimes is good to go to a lower league and get some easier victories and an unupped spin.

I used to play a deck with entropy shard, but now it consumes entropy quanta, making the deck much more slow and unreliable. So I tested some decks and couldnt find one that I would like. Most hadnt a win rate good enough (remember, Im playing to get the rare spin, so I need 5 consecutive victories). Then I came to this deck:

Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
568 744 744 744 744 744 744 745 745 745 745 745 745 749 74b 74b 74b 74b 74c 74d 74d 752 752 752 75m 75m 75m 75m 75m 75m 8pl

This is not the fastest deck, Im sure, but looks like the most reliable until now. I didnt took note of my games, but it can win vs bronze league pretty consistently.

Chargers are for damage. They also pass through the pesky Dim Shield which is very common in lower leagues. Usually I also play a Charger before other creatures, so it can draw some CC and let SoFos and Otys work. These eliminate permanents and creatures that trouble you.

SoFo can also be used to:
- create a BH which will delay the oponent or give you an EM.
- act as shield, just place the gravity force on it after 2 uses.
- feed the Otys. Sometimes, the enemy deck has lots of creatures with exactly 5 HP (like a mono entropy with Abomination and Purple Dragon). In this situation, use SoFo to feed the Oty.

The Nymph is a little bonus I have. Sometimes its possible quanta lock the enemy using SoFo and the Nymph. It also helps about EMs, but is not really essential. If I didnt have a Nymph, I would probably put another gravity force in.

After some tests, it also looks like efficient vs AI4 and Silver league. Of course, beat AI3 is also easy, but there are better options.

Any positive criticism is welcome.

And from now, I will keep Stats and Tips here in the 1st post. Enjoy!  ;D

Spoiler for Current Stats:
Bronze League
ProviderMarvaddin
Games110
Wins104
Losses6
Win rate94,5%
EMs33
Turns to win-

Silver League
ProviderBootsza
Games50
Wins37
Losses13
Win rate74%
EMs6
Turns to win8.84

AI4 - Half Bloods
ProviderMarvaddin
Games100
Wins86
Losses14
Win rate86%
EMs26
Turns to win-

Spoiler for Strategy Tips:
Normally, you wont play this deck as a rush deck, but as control. Otyugh and SoFo are key cards. Try not risk them before you draw enemy CC to one of your Chargers.

Of course, if you have several Otyughs in your hand, there is no problem in losing one of them. Also, you can play your Oty vs elements that dont have CC, like Life, Light and Death (Death has plague, but it wont be used vs a single creature; Death single CC is virus, or Aflatoxin, a card rarely used in Arena). Vs mono Time, you can play your SoFo 1st, because its CC is Reverse Time, so use your cheapest creature. So, know the CC your opponent can possibly use and play accordingly. But usually, play a Charger before risking an Oty or SoFo, even because your Charger can still survive and deal damage most times.

After the 1st creature survive, its usually ok playing other creatures. A Charger in play will still draw most CC, so play Oty if the opponent deck looks creature based (a Life deck, for example, or a pillarless nova bow), or SoFo, if you feel a pesky permanent (like Owl Eye or Lobotomizer) is on the way. If you have a Nymph in your deck and its avaliable, it can be a priority if opponent deck has little quanta flow - look for a quanta lock, or is moved by quantum pillars, novas and immolation).

SoFo will probably not have problems about massive CC (Rain of Fire, Thunderstorm, Pandemonium, Dry Spell...). If you can, play more than 1 SoFo. The first one, if Gravity Force is avaliable and opponent damage isnt too high, use it twice and put the Gravity Force on it. Keep destroying enemy permanents. Sometimes its ok let the enemy have a dragon (or another creature), even when you can devour it, just to add charges to your gravity pulled SoFo. If you play a 2nd one, use it once if opponent can use massive CC, and have it resting for an emergency. When you are 2-3 turns to your victory, if an EM is possible, use the SoFos and have them 1 use to generate a Black Hole. Use them at your last turn, and use Black Holes to gain HP and EM.

Dont forget that:
- SoFos (and the Nymph) can be used to feed the Otys, if the enemy has creatures with 5+ HP.
- If you are using your SoFo as meat shield for creatures you cant devour, and there arent more enemy permanents to destroy, you can use its skill just for the HP bonus, and then cancel.
- Although having a PC ready for an emergency has good uses, sometimes (mostly if the enemy uses a rainbow) you can use it just to have a Black Hole for healing.

Otys, however, can have problems about massive CC. Usually, 1 Oty in play is enough, unless the enemy has several creatures to be devoured (usually happens to nova / immolation rush decks). So, if enemy can have massive CC and you arent in need, keep your 2nd Oty in hand. If opponent doesnt have massive CC, feel free to play.

If you have more than 1 Oty, still stick with the same Oty to devour enemy creatures until its HP is higher than the creatures opponent will probably play, then use another one. Example: you are playing vs a Bronze mono Darkness deck. Black Dragon has 5 HP, so you need to devour a Minor Vampire or Devourer (or one of your creatures) to devour it using Oty. Enemy can also play Nightfall, so if you dont have a SoFo ready, you may probably need 7 HP (upped Dragon shouldnt be a problem in Bronze). If your first Oty already has 7 HP, use the 2nd one to devour next enemy creature. If CC is used in the 1st one, you will have the 2nd ready. Oh, and remember an Oty with less HP can be used to feed another Oty.

The Nymph is quanta expensive, so unless opponent uses several quanta types, you will play it when the game is already controlled. Then use it to heal. Negating quanta with the Nymph is normally useless vs a mono or duo opponent, unless you have your SoFos destroying pillars early game. Like said, the Nymph is a bonus, and sometimes can be helpful (vs rainbows), but its not necessary.

More Chargers are usually also played when you already have an Oty and SoFo going. If your 1st Charger dies, also replace it asap to avoid Oty getting targeted by CC. An weak Charger can also feed the Oty if needed.

This deck is not badly affected by PC. But sometimes:
- if enemy can play Earthquake, I wont play more than 1 Tower and 1 Pendulum in my first turn to check.
- if enemy can play Deflagration, I usually wait a bit to play the Titan, I will play the Chargers 1st. Gravity Shield is mostly useless vs Fire, so Im ok if it draws the PC, so I can play the Titan.
- if the enemy can play Steal, I usually dont play the Titan, and if I do, I will have a SoFo ready.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 08:44:06 pm by Marvaddin »

Offline eaglgenes101

• Reputation Power: 29
  • eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • The rising all-'rounder of Elements
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: High Gravity Bronze [Bronze][Silver][AI4] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46710.msg1040675#msg1040675
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 06:27:11 am »
What's consistent? 90%? 95%?
Anyway, looks nice.
My 3 game-modification principles:
1. If it ain't broke, don't wreck it.
2. Simple fixes for simple problems.
3. Remember to fill in the holes.

• Marvaddin is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Marvaddin is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • War to the Fake Gods!
Re: High Gravity Bronze [Bronze][Silver][AI4] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46710.msg1040712#msg1040712
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 03:23:40 pm »
Something around it. Im starting to gather stats.

Today (February 10) I went 15-0 on Bronze League, with 4 EMs. 3 rare spins, and 3 Shards of Freedom, lol.

Funny how some players try to simulate an AI1 deck, lol:

Spoiler for Hidden:

I had destroyed an Water pillar and a Druidic Staff. In the spins I saw Devourer, Parasite and Ice Dragon, which was the oracle card. Using just Quantum pillars would probably be better.

Offline Bootsza

• Reputation Power: 8
  • Bootsza is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Matey!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: High Gravity Bronze [Bronze][Silver][AI4] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46710.msg1040738#msg1040738
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2013, 05:11:03 pm »
I am going to give this a little run through the arena levels.

I have high hopes for a mono-gravy deck to do well :)
It is too late to apologise.  I have already forgiven you.

• War to the Fake Gods!
Re: High Gravity Bronze [Bronze][Silver][AI4] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46710.msg1040909#msg1040909
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 03:40:52 am »
I played some more games.

For Bronze League, another 10-0 and 3 EM. Total 25-0 and 7 EM. Impressive, huh?

I also played some games vs AI4. Currently I have a 46-7 record and got 13 EM (if I remember it well, EM number can be slightly different).

Offline Bootsza

• Reputation Power: 8
  • Bootsza is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Matey!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: High Gravity Bronze [Bronze][Silver][AI4] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46710.msg1041131#msg1041131
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2013, 08:07:57 pm »
50 games in SIlver:

Wins: 37- 74%
Losses: 13
EMs: 6 - 12%
TTW: 8.84

Decks I lost to included:

• FFQ, Hope
  • Pharaoh
  • water/death
  • Oraclebow (urgh)
  • immorush
  • monodark
  • Mono Aether
  • Rainbow
  • Monodark
  • Rainbow
  • Mono Fire (so much CC)
  • MA
  • Mono Life (too fast)
It is too late to apologise.  I have already forgiven you.

• War to the Fake Gods!
Re: High Gravity Bronze [Bronze][Silver][AI4] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46710.msg1041641#msg1041641
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2013, 11:33:05 pm »
I played some more games in Bronze League.

It went 33-3, 8 EMs, so total is now 58-3, 15 EMs.

Well, the 3 defeats were my fault, in fact:
1st defeat I tried to play my pendulum and quickly finish my turn using space bar. Looks like I did it wrong and ended discarding my single quanta producer vs a Pest deck, lol.
2nd one was vs a nova bow. I put my Oty in play before drawing CC using a Charger. AI used Lightning on it. SoFo could help, but I didnt draw the Gravity Force.
3rd was a stupid decision, I had several Chargers and tried to rush a mono Death (which started with like 115 HP). If I had played my Oty before he got mummies and dragons out, I would surely win. Or I would win if I had 1 more turn.

Of course things are harder in Silver, but some of these decks never have really troubled me in Bronze. How could FFQ Hope defeat you? Early EE? In Silver I just tried once, my record is 4-0.

Oh, an important tip vs aether: if you have a Charger, an Oty and a SoFo out, the Lobotomizer will target the Charger (lol).

I will play some more and post tomorrow. Thanks for your help, Bootsza.

• War to the Fake Gods!
Re: High Gravity Bronze [Bronze][Silver][AI4] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46710.msg1041956#msg1041956
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2013, 04:26:16 pm »
Ok, more games.

Bronze league: 46-3, 18 EMs.

3 Defeats were: 1 in a very strange game vs mono aether. He had an early Lobotomizer and PUs instead of immortal creatures, and won with 1 HP (and I couldnt draw a SoFo all the game); e games quanta locked vs Pests. I have defeated Pests tons on times, but sometimes you just dont have enough Towers for their Pests and Steal. Its a common deck there, and the one that caused most problem until now.

Total vs Bronze: 104-6, 33 EMs. Around 95%. 18 rare spins in 110 games.

AI4: 40-7, 13 EMs.
1  Defeat was my fault, I forget to devour a Salvager before using the last SoFo charge in a Pulverizer, lol. Sometimes, however, AI4 will just get all cards it needs before you can do anything.

Total: 86-14, 26 EMs.

Deck is very efficient vs Bronze, you will get a lot of rare spins. Its also good vs AI4, but with a lower win rate. I got a lot of upgraded cards while playing these games.

Impressions about Silver, Bootsza? How many rare spins?

From now I will keep updated stats on first post, and also some strategy tips.

• War to the Fake Gods!
Re: High Gravity Bronze [Bronze][Silver][AI4] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46710.msg1042680#msg1042680
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2013, 02:39:26 am »
More games, which I will later add to the stats:

Bronze League: 47-3, 11 EMs. 8 rare spins in 50 games.

2 defeats due to RNG hate (couldnt draw SoFo or Oty even drawing lots of cards), and 1 vs a deck I couldnt really do nothing (light Nymphs and Dragons, and Morning Star; didnt draw the shield, but even then the healing would be a pain).

Good news is that I took note of the TTW stats. Most games last 9 to 12 turns. Sometimes I delayed the victory 1-2 turns to try an EM. Media is about 11.5 TTW.

Bootsza got 8.84 TTW vs Silver, which is supposed to have more HP. Unless he gots more games vs low HP opponents (old decks), looks like he played it too relentlessly (look at strategy tips on 1st post). The point about this deck is to sacrifice some speed to privilege win rate (Im aiming the rare spins).

Looks like I will need another Silver test.

blarg: