*Author

Offline laxnut90Topic starter

• Reputation Power: 2
  • laxnut90 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Experienced Player. New to Forums.
Refraction Index [Aether] [Water] [Light] [PVP2] [Plat] [1.32] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46476.msg1037736#msg1037736
« on: February 02, 2013, 02:51:50 am »
I have been having a lot of success with this deck in both PVP2 and the Platinum Arena.

Spoiler for Hidden:
This is basically just a re-vamp of the classic ROL/Hope deck adding Shard of Patience and Sundials.

A version of classic ROL/Hope: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,14312.0.html

Version 1:(Better Against Poison)

Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
5lk 5lk 5lk 7gq 7hi 7hi 7hi 7jp 7jp 7jp 7jp 7jp 7jp 7k6 7k6 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 808 808 808 808 808 808 80i 80i 80i 8pp

Version 2:(Better at EM)

5lk 5lk 5lk 7hi 7hi 7hi 7jp 7jp 7jp 7jp 7jp 7jp 7k2 7k6 7k6 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 808 808 808 808 808 808 80i 80i 80i 8pp

Version 3:(Does Not Flow as Well, but Has More Counters)

5if 5lk 5lk 7gq 7hi 7hi 7hi 7jp 7jp 7jp 7jp 7jp 7k2 7k6 7k6 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 808 808 808 808 808 808 80i 80i 80i 8pp

The reason this deck works is because it has many layers of defense for the opponent to get through. 

1st: Sundials can be used at almost any time to buy you some turns and/or draw through your deck faster.  Because your Ray of Lights cannot attack while Shard of Patience is in play anyways, the Sundial "can't attack" ability only hurts the opponent.

2nd: Hope can be used to absorb most if not all the damage once you have used Fractal on your Ray of Lights.  This park works exactly like the classic ROL/Hope deck. 

3rd: Shard of Patience works both offensively (increases your ROLs' attack) and defensively (by protecting ROLs from a lot of creature control). 

Advantages over classic ROL/Hope:

Spoiler for Hidden:
The main advantage over the classic ROL/Hope is the synergy between the Sundials and the Shard of Patience.  Sundials can buy you time against rush decks and can help you draw through your deck to find shields, Fractals and ROLs much more reliably.  Shard of Patience allows wins against Shard of Sacrifice, Mass Healing and some Mass Removal decks (still has trouble with pandemonium).

Disadvantages over classic ROL/Hope:

Spoiler for Hidden:
The biggest disadvantage over ROL/Hope is the fact that this deck does NOT run Lobotomizer.  This means that Sundials are your only defense against Momentum.  Also, Ray of Lights in this deck are more vulnerable to creature abilities such as Ulitharid and Otyugh (if SOP is not out early enough).

NOTE: Version 1 is better against Arsenistalls and/or other poison decks because of the Purify.  I have found Version 2 to be better at getting Elemental Masteries (Use Miracle to get max health minus 1.  Then wait a turn, getting 4 health from a Sanctuary.  kill opponent turn after.  ***Only stall and wait for Miracle/Sanctuary EM combo if you are in absolute control of the game.  If you are not confident in your ability to stall the game a few more turns, just go for the win.)

deck     Refraction Index   
  players     Laxnut90   
  version    1.32 
  win-rate     59.67%   
  games    43 
  win-loss-(EM)     37-25-(10) 
Note: EMs are counted in the wins column as well as the (EM) column.

***This deck cannot handle an early Shard of Focus.  If you are noticing a large amount of decks in the Arena that use SOF, I would recommend using another deck.  There is also a slight weakness to Explosion and/or Steal being used on SOP.  However, the computer seems to target the Sundials first.  If a Sundial is stolen, it still prevents your opponent from attacking for one turn, but you cannot draw an extra card the following turn.  If a Sundial is exploded, you ARE vulnerable so try as best you can to play around this.  I have also heard that this deck is having trouble with Shard of Freedom decks.  If you find yourself in a Shard of Freedom matchup, I would recommend saving your Sundials until the last possible moment so that you can chain them at the end.  This strategy allows you to rely as little as possible on the Hope shield that may or may not be bypassed by the Shard of Freedom.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 08:31:29 pm by laxnut90 »
"The man who fears losing has already lost"

― George R.R. Martin, A Game of Thrones

Offline neuroleptics

• Reputation Power: 13
  • neuroleptics is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.neuroleptics is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • I resent the limitations to my own imaginations
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Refraction Index [Aether] [Water] [Light] [PVP2] [Plat] [1.32] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46476.msg1037753#msg1037753
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 05:13:12 am »
  players     Laxnut90   
  version    1.32 
  win-rate     62.79%   
  games    43 
  win-loss-(EM)     21-16-(6) 

Perhaps this looks nicer?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 05:17:20 am by neuroleptics »
Decks | Arena
Gravity#War 6 | Time #Budokan3 #Guild | Life

Re: Refraction Index [Aether] [Water] [Light] [PVP2] [Plat] [1.32] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46476.msg1037767#msg1037767
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2013, 06:29:50 am »
  players     Laxnut90   
  version    1.32 
  win-rate     62.79%   
  games    43 
  win-loss-(EM)     21-16-(6) 

Perhaps this looks nicer?

Thank you for the help.  I fixed it up top.

Offline Foraker

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Foraker hides under a Cloak.
  • Havenite
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Refraction Index [Aether] [Water] [Light] [PVP2] [Plat] [1.32] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46476.msg1037862#msg1037862
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2013, 04:10:42 pm »
I tried a variation of this against Plat after I've seen it in the ''Decks used against arena with stats 1.32''-thread.
Didn't get more than 50% winrate with it. But I'll give it another try with your version (1).

Offline TribalTrouble

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Refraction Index [Aether] [Water] [Light] [PVP2] [Plat] [1.32] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46476.msg1037891#msg1037891
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2013, 06:44:39 pm »
make sure to change the number of games played when changing win-loss-EM o.O Also, isn't EM supposed to be like if you play 6 games, and EM 5, then the 5 are in wins and then the number of EMs are in parentheses. So if I win (with EM)5, lose 1, it would be 5 - 1 - (5), correct?

Re: Refraction Index [Aether] [Water] [Light] [PVP2] [Plat] [1.32] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46476.msg1038045#msg1038045
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2013, 04:57:52 am »
make sure to change the number of games played when changing win-loss-EM o.O Also, isn't EM supposed to be like if you play 6 games, and EM 5, then the 5 are in wins and then the number of EMs are in parentheses. So if I win (with EM)5, lose 1, it would be 5 - 1 - (5), correct?

Sorry about that.  I have been listing wins and EM separately.  I realize, now, that this is incredibly confusing.  I will clarify/fix this in the opening thread.

Re: Refraction Index [Aether] [Water] [Light] [PVP2] [Plat] [1.32] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46476.msg1038049#msg1038049
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2013, 05:09:42 am »
I tried a variation of this against Plat after I've seen it in the ''Decks used against arena with stats 1.32''-thread.
Didn't get more than 50% winrate with it. But I'll give it another try with your version (1).

Really?  I am surprised.  I have been having great success with both versions.  The version (1) should have a slightly higher win percentage if you find a lot of arsenistalls and/or other poison decks.  The version (2), I believe, is better at getting EM because of the Miracle. 

Since the decks are so similar, I have not been keeping track of them separately.  I might have to start taking separate winrates for both versions.

Offline TribalTrouble

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Refraction Index [Aether] [Water] [Light] [PVP2] [Plat] [1.32] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46476.msg1038057#msg1038057
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2013, 05:30:25 am »
-_-' that is generally best ....

Offline kimham8a

• Reputation Power: 16
  • kimham8a is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.kimham8a is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.kimham8a is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • God of this world
Re: Refraction Index [Aether] [Water] [Light] [PVP2] [Plat] [1.32] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46476.msg1038068#msg1038068
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2013, 05:45:11 am »
isnt lobo worth it here?

Solid deck anyway, nice winrate
Hey there

Offline OdinVanguard

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Keeping The Jotnar at bay
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Refraction Index [Aether] [Water] [Light] [PVP2] [Plat] [1.32] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46476.msg1038086#msg1038086
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2013, 06:22:28 am »
Version 2 seems to do a bit better for EM for me. I like adding in a phase salvager and lobotomizer as well.
Lobo is quite useful in arena where psions seem to be popular lately. It also knocks out momentum as well.
At any rate nice, solid deck. Very potent defense. RoL became a very powerful strategy with the new SoP buff and this deck shows it off nicely.
Well done.
Whether the glass is half full or half empty is a moot point. It is always filled to the brim. It is only a matter of by what. The real question is: What fills you?
If your zombie plan is
kill -9 `ps l | awk '{print $2" "$3" "$9}' | grep "Z" | awk '{printf("%s ",$2)}'`
You might be a unix junky

Offline neuroleptics

• Reputation Power: 13
  • neuroleptics is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.neuroleptics is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • I resent the limitations to my own imaginations
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Refraction Index [Aether] [Water] [Light] [PVP2] [Plat] [1.32] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46476.msg1038125#msg1038125
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2013, 11:53:48 am »
I believe, is better at getting EM because of the Miracle. 

Add: To get EM, make sure you have sundial. miracle gives you max health-1. you need san to heal you.

I don't think you can win against a deck packed with explosions, Shard of focus. (especially if they have double dex.)
Decks | Arena
Gravity#War 6 | Time #Budokan3 #Guild | Life

Offline Zarathustra1883

• Reputation Power: 5
  • Zarathustra1883 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Thus spoke Zarathustra...let there be Elements
Re: Refraction Index [Aether] [Water] [Light] [PVP2] [Plat] [1.32] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46476.msg1038201#msg1038201
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2013, 05:46:52 pm »

I don't think you can win against a deck packed with explosions, Shard of focus. (especially if they have double dex.)

Ok, I tried version 2 in Plat for 20 games and I have to say I won..........2 games total:

• EQ stopped me from using even one Fractal.
  • Momentum
  • BH
  • SoF
  • Poisonrush
  • SoFre Monoair
and the list would probably have gone on, not sure if anyone is willing to test some more for a more in depth statistic but those a** whoopins were enough for me. Not tested in PVP2, but I would not recommend it for Plat farming, just saying.
The true man wants two things: danger and play! For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

anything
blarg: