*Author

Offline russianspy1234Topic starter

• Reputation Power: 26
  • russianspy1234 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.russianspy1234 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.russianspy1234 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.russianspy1234 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.russianspy1234 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Crucible Bombarder
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeArt Competition - Meta Master Card Design Competition: New Year's ResolutionsSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elementshifted 3rd Birthday Cake -Fire-DIAC Ray of SunshineSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Steam Beetle | Steam Beetle https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46022.msg1032317#msg1032317
« on: January 15, 2013, 02:41:21 pm »
NAME:
Steam Beatle
ELEMENT:
Fire
COST:
4 :fire
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
4 | 1
TEXT:
:air :air - Steam Shot
Deal 3 damage to target.
NAME:
Steam Beatle
ELEMENT:
Fire
COST:
3 :fire
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
4 | 1
TEXT:
:air :air - Steam Shot
Deal 3 damage to target.

ART:
http://www.sxc.hu/photo/997973
IDEA:
russianspy1234
NOTES:
target creature or player
SERIES:

« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 02:45:23 pm by russianspy1234 »
My Portfolio
Brawl 7 is occurring.  Come follow along.

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Steam Beetle | Steam Beetle https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46022.msg1032387#msg1032387
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 06:58:03 pm »
I see you made it weaker for balance and thematics, but why more CC in elements that have plenty? I don't normally like this question, but why does fire need this card?
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

Offline russianspy1234Topic starter

• Reputation Power: 26
  • russianspy1234 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.russianspy1234 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.russianspy1234 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.russianspy1234 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.russianspy1234 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Crucible Bombarder
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeArt Competition - Meta Master Card Design Competition: New Year's ResolutionsSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elementshifted 3rd Birthday Cake -Fire-DIAC Ray of SunshineSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Steam Beetle | Steam Beetle https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46022.msg1032400#msg1032400
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 07:22:28 pm »
I see you made it weaker for balance and thematics, but why more CC in elements that have plenty? I don't normally like this question, but why does fire need this card?

fair point.  neither does air really...  i could reskin it to life i suppose, would that work?
My Portfolio
Brawl 7 is occurring.  Come follow along.

Offline reshiucS

• Reputation Power: 1
  • reshiucS is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • about 5 years Elements
Re: Steam Beetle | Steam Beetle https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46022.msg1047949#msg1047949
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2013, 01:11:36 pm »
I'm having the same concern as Rutarete. It's not a new idea. It uses known mechanic and in this case even the same quanta. It should be reworked and the damage done by the ability should/has to be reduced. The only damage dealing abilities coming to my mind are poison which is slow and air-weapon combined with animated weapon or crusader and that needs two cards. I know your card needs two colors but it should be that easy to get so many nukes. I'd prefer the damage to be 1 (you can have more than 1 of it on the battlefield) but not more than two, and in that case the damage of the creature itself has to be heavily reduce. I mean that thing costs 4 quanta and has 4 attack damage, the fact it has only 1 life doesn't make up for such a strong ability in my opinion. You should change the color. However Life is maybe not the right choice (even though it's thematically) because Life doesn't have any kind of nuke and that's may be for reason.
Tell me your opinion!

anything
blarg: