*Author

Offline dragonsdemesneTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Leeeeeeeeeeroyyyyyyyyy....
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2013 WinnerBattle League 1/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2012 3rd Place
Break me in half! (compilation) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45221.msg1023727#msg1023727
« on: December 20, 2012, 12:51:58 am »
This will be a compilation of all broken decks/combos I can find with the beta cards.

Chaos Wyrms Redone
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
6u2 6u2 6u2 6u2 6u2 6u2 7ms 7ms 7ms 7ms 7ms 7ms 7mt 7mt 7mt 7mt 7mt 7mt 7mu 7mu 7mu 7mu 7mu 7mu 7nq 7nq 7nq 7nq 7nq 7nq 8pj

I used to use just 4 shards of freedom in chaos wyrms, occasionally playing it in CL, but with the shard being so darned cheap, I went with -1 sky blitz -1 tower and I think this deck would be really powerful.

Shard Golem
4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 786 786 786 786 786 786 7ee 7ee 7ee 7ee 7ee 7ee 7nq 7nq 7nq 7nq 7nq 7nq 816 816 816 816 816 816 8pm

It's not quite as strong as it used to be, due to the elemental dependance, but it's still going to be a contender with all of the shards in the deck costing only 1 of the respective element.  Could also work with fire mark for shards of bravery; it's up to you whether you think being able to use the shard golem's ability is worth more than the potential for more card draw or not.  I've tried both ways and I think that the earth mark for abilities is usually better, but you could argue either way I think.

Poison Dials
710 710 710 710 718 718 718 718 718 718 71a 71a 71a 71u 71u 71u 71u 71u 71u 72i 72i 72i 7km 7km 7km 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 8pq

It'll need a bit more light quanta to run due to the shards of divinity costing 2  :light, but with the reduced mulligan fail due to shard of sacrifice costing 1 quanta, the deck is just as strong or stronger.  Other than swapping a few towers for pends it's exactly the same as my current CL version of this deck.

Dragon OTK
6qq 6qq 6qq 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 711 74g 7du 7ee 7ee 7ee 7gt 7n9 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 7qb 7qb 7qb 7qb 7qb 7qb 80b 8pj

Not sure how this one will do, but with the decreased cost of shard of bravery as well as it not taking nonfire quanta, it might work.  It's not a broken deck, but it might inspire one, so I'll put it here.

Gasfly

7ee 7ee 7ee 7ee 7ms 7ms 7ms 7ms 7mt 7mt 7mt 7mt 7mt 7mt 7n4 7n4 7n4 7n4 7n4 7n4 7n6 7n6 7n6 7n6 7n6 7n6 7nq 7nq 7nq 7nq 8pr

(original version below)
Spoiler for Hidden:
4sr 7ms 7ms 7ms 7ms 7mt 7mt 7mt 7mt 7mt 7mt 7n0 7n4 7n4 7n4 7n4 7n4 7n4 7n5 7n5 7n5 7n6 7n6 7n6 7n6 7n6 7n6 7oe 7oe 7oe 8pr

Based upon a deck I used to win a tourney (though without shards, obviously) and then subsequently modded for CL.  I ditched all of the control cards (the eagle eyes and fog) and some of the quanta in exchange for the shards to speed the deck up.  In general, don't use gases until you can make the kill, since it will kill your flies. (even through shard of freedom)  Without the bravery shards, I never had problems with fire quanta, and it will probably be fine even with them.  Even if your fireflies are immediately killed, they will always still get 1 turn to generate quanta, and you only need 10 fire quanta for the whole deck, and you have 6 guaranteed fire quanta available, so I think it should be fine.

Grabba Grabba!
4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 778 778 778 778 778 77g 77g 77g 77g 77g 77g 786 786 786 786 786 786 7ee 7ee 7ee 7ee 7ee 7ee 7tb 8po

Draw like nuts, play everything; not much else to say.  With the shard of integrity costing only 1 earth quanta, you can play it as a decent weenie even if you have no other shards in hand.  If you've got more... well, so much the merrier! :p

This section more for my own notes:
cards with changes so far

thunderstorm
dessicate
-serendipity and readiness are strictly worse, so there is no real way to 'break' their new versions
-wisdom and focus probably can't be broken, as they are almost strictly worse (unupped wisdom and upped focus are cheaper in some decks, though)
-freedom, void, integrity, bravery are significantly cheaper and can probably be broken
-sacrifice is strictly worse except for mulligan consideration, so will be hard to break (maybe in shard golem decks, since it won't screw with getting nova)
-divinity and gratitude are slightly cheaper and can possibly be broken, but very unlikely
-patience is completely changed, and has a much stronger effect but requires water quanta; can probably still be broken, though

Edit: some comments
-Void is proving harder to break than I thought.  Being a stall card, its cost is largely irrelevant.
-freedom, integrity, and bravery are definitely undercosted
-No real obvious way to make an OP deck with desiccate is coming to mind, but it's still a decent card.  I can see using thunderstorm in place of and/or in combination with shockwave in decks that were using shockwave as removal in the past, depending on what sort of creatures the deck is most worried about.  Two thunderstorms, for instance, will shockwave everything your opponent has, minus the frozen instagib thing.

• Legendary Member
  • dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2013 WinnerBattle League 1/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2012 3rd Place
Re: Break me in half! (compilation) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45221.msg1023729#msg1023729
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2012, 12:52:25 am »
reserved;more to come later

Offline Elbirn

• Reputation Power: 13
  • Elbirn is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Elbirn is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeThe Age of Random Cards Competition - Winner
Re: Break me in half! (compilation) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45221.msg1023737#msg1023737
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2012, 01:03:16 am »
..Aw. Did you make the redone Chaos Wyrms before I did? :( I thought I had done something first for once... *Kicks pebble*
:air Team Air War#7 :air
:air Team Air War#6 :air
:darkness Founding member of Darkness Guild :darkness

• Legendary Member
Re: Break me in half! (compilation) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45221.msg1023746#msg1023746
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2012, 01:32:00 am »
I dunno; I didn't check the time stamps, but it just goes to show if two people came up with it without seeing the other person's thread first, it's probably a good deck.

Offline Elbirn

• Reputation Power: 13
  • Elbirn is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Elbirn is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeThe Age of Random Cards Competition - Winner
Re: Break me in half! (compilation) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45221.msg1023848#msg1023848
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2012, 04:59:36 am »
Or otherwise incredibly simple. xD

...Tell ya what kid, we'll patent it together, split the profits 90/10. Call it "ELBIRN'S AMAZING AND COMPLETELY ORIGINAL CP WYRM DECK That dragon helped with a little.!" Oh I tell yah kid, you stick with me, we're gonna go far in this business! [/1950's American businessman voice]
:air Team Air War#7 :air
:air Team Air War#6 :air
:darkness Founding member of Darkness Guild :darkness

• Legendary Member
Re: Break me in half! (compilation) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45221.msg1023860#msg1023860
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2012, 05:25:32 am »
Epic Immorush
6s3 6s3 6s3 6s3 6s3 6s3 6s4 6s4 6s6 6s6 6s6 6s6 6s6 6s6 7dp 7dp 7dp 7dp 7dp 7dp 7du 7du 7du 7du 7du 7mt 7mt 7mt 7mt 7mt 7mt 8po

Should be quite fast.  SoI will use up any extra shards you have, like SoBs when opponent's hand is full or SoFrs beyond what is useful to you, or just add to the rush.  Damsels for immofodder, plus they benefit from SoFr nicely.  Seraphs for hitting power, which are also airborne, and you can make use of the light quanta from cremation if needed.  Fire mark means that with cremation/damsel/seraph in opening hand you get a turn 2 seraph, which you can protect the next turn.

Graboid Rush Redux
6rk 6s4 6s4 6s4 6s4 6s4 6s4 778 778 778 778 778 778 778 778 778 778 778 778 77g 77g 77g 77g 77g 77g 77h 77h 77h 77h 77h 8ps

Just using shard of integrity as another cheap monoearth weenie.  Worst case scenario it's a micro abomination, but think of it as like a stack of little creatures that, no matter how many you have in your hand, will cost 1 :earth to play.  (and that will die to one piece of removal, but that's the risk you run in pure rushes :p)

Offline Daguerreo

• Reputation Power: 8
  • Daguerreo is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Glu Glu Glu
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Break me in half! (compilation) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45221.msg1024146#msg1024146
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2012, 01:13:22 am »
Epic P&P

6rv 6rv 6rv 6rv 6s6 6s6 6s6 6s6 6s6 6s6 7ms 7ms 7ms 7ms 7ms 7ms 7mt 7mt 7mt 7mt 7mt 7mt 7mu 7mu 7mu 7mu 7mu 7n1 7n1 7n1 8pp

Kill Half Bloods so fast :D
I've killed Eternal Phoenix too with it.

• Legendary Member
Re: Break me in half! (compilation) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45221.msg1024918#msg1024918
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2012, 06:25:24 am »
Credit where credit is due: heavily inspired by LITHE's deck over here: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,45341.msg1024816.html#msg1024816

100hp OTK (13x4x2 = 104, possibility for 26 more if you have enough SN played and the room in hand after fractalling)

Left High and Dry:

52i 52i 52i 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 6s3 6s3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 710 710 710 710 71c 71c 71c 74g 7gt 7h3 7k0 7n9 80i 8pj

Afla your opponent's creature and one of your viruses, stall until there's a full field of creatures on both sides, then play dessication for 46 water quanta.  Then play arctic dragon, fractal it, play 3 copies (maybe even 4 if you got enough SNs and had the space in hand) and play sky blitz, followed by chimera if needed.  The finishing combo is only 5 cards including the chimera, but it's rather awkward to set up a field with that many cells.  Note that with the supernovas you will have some water quanta, so you might not need 46 creatures in play to pull it off; count carefully and do the OTK when possible.

-mirror shield is for blocking your opponent's cells, and i guess for stopping bolt OTKs, but it might not even be needed.  Don't bother with it unless you have it upped.  Emerald shield could be used as well in its place if you don't have mirror shield upgraded
-sundials deliberately unupped to help make sure mulligans give you towers
-viruses deliberately unupped to make them cheaper.  note that we don't want a 0 cost creature to screw with the mulligan.  Pretty much any 1 quanta creature with 1hp will do, but with the towers, the death ones will be easier to play, plus you might be able to use virus for CC if you really have to.  You could use skeletons instead just because it would be funny to build an OTK with skeletons
-when fractalling the arctic dragon you will ALWAYS get at least 3 copies of it (you need 3 copies) because you will have played dessication, arctic dragon #1, and fractal from your hand, so that's 3 arctics in hand every time from fractal.  You will sometimes get a 4th to play if you have extra room in hand, but you can't get enough quanta to play more than 4 even if you draw all 6 SNs.

anything
blarg: