*Author

Offline furballdnTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Facetious trollnotmod
  • Awards: Epic 3 Card Winner - Clockwork GolemBest Recruiter of FriendsBest JournalistBest Chat PainterBattle - Slayer of The Great ChimeraBest Crafted Relic of Other
[6th trials] furballdn [fire] 3 - glennfoo [fire] 2 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44206.msg1009529#msg1009529
« on: October 21, 2012, 05:33:48 am »
Great games glennfoo. Great sportsmanship and deckbuilding. Nail-biting games.

Offline glennfoo

• Reputation Power: 14
  • glennfoo is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.glennfoo is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of FireSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: [6th trials] furballdn [fire] 3 - glennfoo [fire] 2 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44206.msg1009531#msg1009531
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012, 05:53:25 am »
so close game 3.... haiz

i actually ban discord, earthquake and graboid furballdn

game 1
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
5f6 5f9 5f9 5f9 5f9 5f9 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 622 622 622 622 6rk 7ds 7ds 7ds 7ds 7ds 8pu

actually we have a desynch. i am not that happy with the decision though but yeah cannot do anything about it. in the desynch, furbaldn phoenix vanish and reappear without turning into ash, his quanta never dropped and he play 4 fog shield. ai actually replace his fog shield every single turn.. but trial overseer decided to give furballdn the win.. since he won against my ai.. but damm that desynch synchro error..

game 2
5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f4 5f4 5f4 5f4 5f4 5f4 5f7 5f7 5f7 5fc 5fc 5fc 5fc 5fc 5fc 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 7dg 7dg 7dg 7f2 7f2 7f2 8po

yup mono fire.. and he play firestall. rush him and bolt him to death. by the way you ask me why i play pendulums when we ban earthquake right?? I always like to have pendulum even in a mono.. did i talk too much :p

game 3
595 595 595 595 595 595 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f4 5f4 5f7 5f7 5fc 5fc 5fc 5fc 5fc 5fc 7dg 7dg 7dg 7dg 7dg 7dg 8pm

arghhhh... this is the game i think both he and I are shivering. basilisk slow him down, and my phoenix turn to skull shield. i regretted not packing explosion in this deck. we keep stalling till both of us have less than 7 cards remaining.. but the thing that made me lost is my last phoenix does not want to appear in the final 10 cards of my deck. he only has 6 hp left... just 1 last phoenix to draw for the final kill..  anyway his phoenix become healthy again and start catching up so i lost.

game 4 and 5
same like game 2. in game 4 i think he did not expect to be bolted to death.
and I still have firestall, why did i not listen to my heart?? went with monofire, saw basilisk blood and haiz.. 

close games in game 2,3 and 4. ya i agree furballdn really nail biting.

« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 02:05:41 am by glennfoo »
Proud Member of Team :fire in war 5, General of Team :fire in war 6 , Brawl leader of Team :fire in Brawl 2

• Legendary Member
  • furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Facetious trollnotmod
  • Awards: Epic 3 Card Winner - Clockwork GolemBest Recruiter of FriendsBest JournalistBest Chat PainterBattle - Slayer of The Great ChimeraBest Crafted Relic of Other
Re: [6th trials] furballdn [fire] 3 - glennfoo [fire] 2 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44206.msg1009533#msg1009533
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2012, 06:39:06 am »
I don't remember the coin tosses, but something tells me you won most, if not all, of the coin tosses :P

Offline Absol

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Consectetur Adipiscing Elit
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: [6th trials] furballdn [fire] 3 - glennfoo [fire] 2 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44206.msg1009560#msg1009560
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2012, 08:44:05 am »
D:
What happened with "Glenn for Fire Master"?
"Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit."
"There is no one who loves pain itself, who seeks after it and wants to have it, simply because it is pain."

Offline Drake_XIV

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 91
  • Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Powerful Harmony
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSummer and Winter Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: [6th trials] furballdn [fire] 3 - glennfoo [fire] 2 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44206.msg1009561#msg1009561
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2012, 08:45:05 am »
... I guess this makes me feel slightly better about going 0 -3 against furbs.

Offline glennfoo

• glennfoo is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.glennfoo is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of FireSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: [6th trials] furballdn [fire] 3 - glennfoo [fire] 2 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44206.msg1009574#msg1009574
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2012, 11:07:19 am »
I don't remember the coin tosses, but something tells me you won most, if not all, of the coin tosses :P

nope u won the 1st and 2nd one..  3 out of 5 is not most...

D:
What happened with "Glenn for Fire Master"?

thanks for the support. i am sorry to disappoint by the way... but it is close with 2-3   .. and ask furballdn, 3 out of 5 it goes down to either one of us giving the last hit with low hp ourselves.

what is there to feel bad about in the first place? losing 0-3 or 2-3 is still the same.. still lose :p
especially when mindgating goes wrong. just like mrpaper mention to me in war once, as long as u play correctly, don feel bad about it if RNG does not favor u( yup I know it is difficult)

Proud Member of Team :fire in war 5, General of Team :fire in war 6 , Brawl leader of Team :fire in Brawl 2

• Legendary Member
  • Facetious trollnotmod
Re: [6th trials] furballdn [fire] 3 - glennfoo [fire] 2 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44206.msg1009636#msg1009636
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2012, 05:54:10 pm »

nope u won the 1st and 2nd one..  3 out of 5 is not most...
Something something about cognitive bias then. My memory must have been playing tricks on me, especially since the last 3 games were really nerve wracking

thanks for the support. i am sorry to disappoint by the way... but it is close with 2-3   .. and ask furballdn, 3 out of 5 it goes down to either one of us giving the last hit with low hp ourselves.

what is there to feel bad about in the first place? losing 0-3 or 2-3 is still the same.. still lose :p
especially when mindgating goes wrong. just like mrpaper mention to me in war once, as long as u play correctly, don feel bad about it if RNG does not favor u( yup I know it is difficult)
More than once, the games were really, really close, being within one turn away from a victory, and RNG did have its troll moments.

Offline Avenger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • War veteran
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSilver DonorWar #8 Winner - Team FireWar #7 Winner - Team AetherWar #6 Winner - Team AetherWar #5 Winner - Team Aether
Re: [6th trials] furballdn [fire] 3 - glennfoo [fire] 2 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44206.msg1009856#msg1009856
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2012, 01:42:57 pm »
Furball, you should really consider renaming yourself to Fireball. You really roll through the fire trials.

• Legendary Member
  • Facetious trollnotmod
Re: [6th trials] furballdn [fire] 3 - glennfoo [fire] 2 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44206.msg1010683#msg1010683
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2012, 01:30:51 am »
Closest and most nailbighting game!

I banned: bonewall, antimatter, discord
glennfoo banned: graboid, earthquake, and either bonewall or antimatter (can't remember which)

Game 1 I decided to test the waters a bit and send out sfumato sfenix to get a feel for what glennfoo was packing. He was using fractix, and we got a desynch, but I was given the win.
5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f2 5f2 5f6 5f6 5f6 5fc 5fc 5fc 5fc 5fc 5fc 6rk 7n0 7n0 7n0 7n0 7n0 8pr

Game 2 I wanted to save miracle for a later match, so built miracleless firestall. Big mistake. The game was really close, but on the final turn, when I had a mirror shield in hand, I opted to keep up my fireshield. I was promptly bolted to death. Underestimated how much bolts and :fire glennfoo had.
5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f4 5f4 5f4 5f4 5f5 5f5 5f5 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5lg 5lm 5lm 5lm 5lm 5lm 5lm 7dn 7dn 7dr 7dr 7dr 7dr 8pq

Game 3 Bone buckling phoenix: honest man's death! I was very surprised to see glennfoo using bloody phoenix, a deck that I prepared before the start of trials (he later said he got help in building that hmmm. I wonder who it is.). The game was pretty slow, with me killing his phoenix and him stalling mine. The game was decided within a turn, with my skull shield killing his phoenix and leaving me with 6hp and him with a fatal wound.
5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f2 5f2 5f6 5f6 5f6 5fc 5fc 5fc 5fc 5fc 5fc 6rk 715 715 715 715 715 8pk

Game 4 Dimensional fire: Xu Fu's dimension! Tried to use dimensional shields. I might have won if I started chaining earlier, but I was bolted to death again. Don't underestimate glennfoo and his fire bolts.
5f0 5fc 5fc 5fc 5fc 5fc 5fc 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 61t 61t 61t 61t 61t 61t 7dg 7dg 7dn 7dn 7dn 7do 8pu

Game 5 Bloody phoenix I choose you! Bloody phoenix > mono fire.
5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f2 5f2 5f6 5f6 5f6 5fc 5fc 5fc 5fc 5fc 5fc 6rk 77l 77l 77l 77l 77l 8pm

Offline glennfoo

Re: [6th trials] furballdn [fire] 3 - glennfoo [fire] 2 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44206.msg1010698#msg1010698
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2012, 02:13:39 am »

Game 2 I wanted to save miracle for a later match, so built miracleless firestall. Big mistake. The game was really close, but on the final turn, when I had a mirror shield in hand, I opted to keep up my fireshield. I was promptly bolted to death. Underestimated how much bolts and :fire glennfoo had.

Game 4 Dimensional fire: Xu Fu's dimension! Tried to use dimensional shields. I might have won if I started chaining earlier, but I was bolted to death again. Don't underestimate glennfoo and his fire bolts.

:P   call it lucky sniper shot from above

anything
blarg: