*Author

Offline CalinduTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Abomination is quite pretty
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFourth Budosei of BudokanSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWar #9 Winner - Team Darkness8th Trials - Master of EntropyChampionship League 2/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerColosseum II Champion7th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 Winner6th Trials - Master of EntropyWinner of There Can Be Only One!Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 3/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Dem Brave Golems [5.08 TTW] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=42840.msg534254#msg534254
« on: August 17, 2012, 07:06:23 pm »
Deck Helper comment: 
This deck was posted before the 1.32 game update and as a result may work very differently now.  Use at your own risk.

Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 6rk 6rk 786 786 786 786 7ee 7ee 7ee 7ee 7ee 7ee 7nq 7nq 7nq 7nq 7nq 7nq 816 816 816 816 816 816 8po

Akay, this looks like all those Shard Golems decks, but it comes with a twist: SoBra used mainly for drawing and Long Sword for more damage.
It has awesome results: 50 games: 50 wins, 5.08 TTW, 4 EMs.

Spoiler for Strategy:
It's way more complex than other Shard Golem decks.
  • You should normally keep using SoBra till you have 1 SoI, 2 SoW and 1 SoFr.
  • Always keep enough quanta for SoI play.
  • If you have a little golem don't play SoFr for crit, if you have a big one play SoFr for crit, that's how I got 3 ttw.
  • Against Ai3 with damage CC(a.k.a that don't really stop a big golem) you don't need a Immaterial golem, but you should get one and then buff it with shards).
  • Against Ai3 with soft CC(a.k.a that delay the rush) you need a Immaterial golem, which should be pretty simple.
  • A Shard Golem with a SoFr on it is flying, after you got your first flying golem out play the rest SoFr.

Spoiler for Stats:
TTW=33
TTW=412
TTW=517
TTW=614
TTW=74
Spoiler for Game by game:
Game 1: 6 ttw
Game 2: 4 ttw
Game 3: 5 ttw
Game 4: 6 ttw
Game 5: 5 ttw, EM
Game 6: 3 ttw
Game 7: 4 ttw
Game 8: 6 ttw
Game 9: 6 ttw
Game 10: 4 ttw
Game 11: 6 ttw
Game 12: 5 ttw
Game 13: 4 ttw
Game 14: 6 ttw
Game 15: 5 ttw
Game 16: 5 ttw
Game 17: 6 ttw
Game 18: 5 ttw
Game 19: 4 ttw
Game 20: 6 ttw
Game 21: 5 ttw
Game 22: 4 ttw
Game 23: 6 ttw
Game 24: 7 ttw
Game 25: 5 ttw
Game 26: 5 ttw
Game 27: 3 ttw, EM
Game 28: 3 ttw
Game 29: 5 ttw
Game 30: 4 ttw, EM
Game 31: 5 ttw
Game 32: 6 ttw
Game 33: 7 ttw
Game 34: 5 ttw
Game 35: 4 ttw
Game 36: 6 ttw
Game 37: 6 ttw, EM
Game 38: 4 ttw
Game 39: 5 ttw
Game 40: 4 ttw
Game 41: 5 ttw
Game 42: 4 ttw
Game 43: 5 ttw
Game 44: 4 ttw
Game 45: 7 ttw
Game 46: 6 ttw
Game 47: 6 ttw
Game 48: 5 ttw
Game 49: 7 ttw
Game 50: 5 ttw
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 01:05:31 am by willng3 »
You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy.
War

Offline justaburd

• Reputation Power: 12
  • justaburd is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.justaburd is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Chirp!
  • Awards: Gold DonorSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake7th Trials - Master of AirSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Dem Brave Golems [5.08 TTW] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=42840.msg534256#msg534256
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 07:11:41 pm »
SoI OP! Clearly it needs a nerf!
That said, would it be faster with SoR? (Deja Vu and all)
Chirp? *looks around*

• Legendary Member
  • Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFourth Budosei of BudokanSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWar #9 Winner - Team Darkness8th Trials - Master of EntropyChampionship League 2/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerColosseum II Champion7th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 Winner6th Trials - Master of EntropyWinner of There Can Be Only One!Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 3/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Dem Brave Golems [5.08 TTW] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=42840.msg534258#msg534258
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 07:15:33 pm »

Nope, since you won't be able to get Deja Vu down and SoFr is actually quite nice.
You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy.
War

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Facetious trollnotmod
  • Awards: Epic 3 Card Winner - Clockwork GolemBest Recruiter of FriendsBest JournalistBest Chat PainterBattle - Slayer of The Great ChimeraBest Crafted Relic of Other
Re: Dem Brave Golems [5.08 TTW] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=42840.msg534259#msg534259
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2012, 07:18:06 pm »
Deja vu is awesome but impractical. Pretty hard to get exactly 4 SoRs.
Only 4 SoI? Is that enough? Another thing I'm slightly worried about is that with SoBe drawing, you might find yourself low on quanta.

• Legendary Member
Re: Dem Brave Golems [5.08 TTW] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=42840.msg534260#msg534260
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2012, 07:23:38 pm »
Deja vu is awesome but impractical. Pretty hard to get exactly 4 SoRs.
Only 4 SoI? Is that enough? Another thing I'm slightly worried about is that with SoBe drawing, you might find yourself low on quanta.

2 of those 7 ttws are when I didn't got a fast SoI(First 15 cards), 1 of those against sundial elder and one of those when I forgot about mutation and didn't made my golem immaterial.
War

Offline dragonsdemesne

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Leeeeeeeeeeroyyyyyyyyy....
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2013 WinnerBattle League 1/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2012 3rd Place
Re: Dem Brave Golems [5.08 TTW] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=42840.msg534261#msg534261
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2012, 07:27:08 pm »

You won't be low on quanta.  I used this deck in CL except with -2 longsword +2 SoI and I was never quanta screwed.  (except one game where I misclicked, costing myself one turn and the win :p)  I'd be pretty nervous about playing this with only 4 SoI, though.  And yeah, the deja vu thing would be fun, but you'll almost never actually get the right shards to do it; I tried to do it once and it just doesn't work.

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Facetious trollnotmod
  • Awards: Epic 3 Card Winner - Clockwork GolemBest Recruiter of FriendsBest JournalistBest Chat PainterBattle - Slayer of The Great ChimeraBest Crafted Relic of Other
Re: Dem Brave Golems [5.08 TTW] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=42840.msg534262#msg534262
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2012, 07:28:57 pm »

You won't be low on quanta.  I used this deck in CL except with -2 longsword +2 SoI and I was never quanta screwed.  (except one game where I misclicked, costing myself one turn and the win :p)  I'd be pretty nervous about playing this with only 4 SoI, though.  And yeah, the deja vu thing would be fun, but you'll almost never actually get the right shards to do it; I tried to do it once and it just doesn't work.
With just a 6/6/6/6/6 build it's nothing really special, basically just the ultimate. This is rather similar as well, with only swapping two SoI for longswords. I'd swap one longsword for a SoI. Even with 5 SoI shard rushes, RNG can be a pain.

Offline exiili

• Reputation Power: 1
  • exiili is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Dem Brave Golems [5.08 TTW] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=42840.msg534263#msg534263
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2012, 07:29:53 pm »
calindu: I just don't want to see some other decks that are different in thread and then discussion on it 
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 07:54:16 pm by exiili »
It will be another 2 years before I collect the required posts to join a tournament.

Offline Luminous

• Reputation Power: 7
  • Luminous is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • there is none.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Dem Brave Golems [5.08 TTW] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=42840.msg534264#msg534264
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2012, 07:32:30 pm »
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 6rq 6rq 6rq 6rq 6rq 6rq 6s3 6s3 6s3 6s3 6s3 6s3 6s4 6s4 6s4 6s4 6s4 6s5 6s5 6s5 6s5 6s5 6s5 7qb 7qb 8pm

(I might not have enough postpoints to make a deck picture, sorry. You will have to deal with the code.)

I use this.
I prefer the SoR possibilities of scarab, dejavu or neurotoxin over the air ones. I can get through the shields pretty well with immortal and SoW anyway. Added bonus is extra draws from precogs, SoRs to use things if you're forced to throw non immortal golem out and SoB for extra draws and more damage to the golem.
I find weapons useless in this, because the point is to get a massive golem out as soon as possible. Everything which doesn't accomplish this will be removed.
This is pretty much draw reliant deck though, sometimes you can win in 3 turns with 25attack golem with dejavu, sometimes everything goes against you and you need 4 turns to even draw your first nova/soi.
Neurotoxin does not really effects when you have 30/30 golem. Lulz. Scarab and dejavu is amazing,overall.
War 6 ~ :fire
War 9 ~ :time

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • Facetious trollnotmod
Re: Dem Brave Golems [5.08 TTW] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=42840.msg534268#msg534268
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2012, 07:34:59 pm »
To be honest, all shard golem rushes are derivatives of the ultimate. Either they have a 6/6/6/6/6 build or a build that allows for 2 filler cards. While SoR is nice, SoFre is better than SoR because it allows fireflies (more damage) and PC as well as criticals.

Offline exiili

• Reputation Power: 1
  • exiili is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Dem Brave Golems [5.08 TTW] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=42840.msg534270#msg534270
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2012, 07:37:20 pm »
calindu: I just don't want to see some other decks that are different in thread and then discussion on it 
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 07:54:32 pm by exiili »
It will be another 2 years before I collect the required posts to join a tournament.

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • Facetious trollnotmod
Re: Dem Brave Golems [5.08 TTW] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=42840.msg534271#msg534271
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2012, 07:39:09 pm »
I disagree. Sor allows scrabs and dejavu. Nothing is more tasty than dejavu'ing a 25 attack golem with Sow at turn 2.
Doesn't happen that often. Trust me, I know. The reliability of SoFre is better than waiting for the exact 4 SoR to hit your hand. I've played with many variations of shard golem rushes for a while.

anything
blarg: