*Author

Offline russianspy1234Topic starter

• Reputation Power: 26
  • russianspy1234 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.russianspy1234 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.russianspy1234 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.russianspy1234 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.russianspy1234 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Crucible Bombarder
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeArt Competition - Meta Master Card Design Competition: New Year's ResolutionsSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elementshifted 3rd Birthday Cake -Fire-DIAC Ray of SunshineSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Shadow Sphere | Shadow Sphere https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=41240.msg510757#msg510757
« on: June 13, 2012, 03:11:39 am »
NAME:
Shadow Sphere
ELEMENT:
Darkness
COST:
5 :darkness
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
1 | 6
TEXT:
:gravity :gravity : Gravity Pull
If an attack would kill you, autocast this card for free with its ability active.
NAME:
Shadow Sphere
ELEMENT:
Darkness
COST:
6 :darkness
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
1 | 10
TEXT:
:gravity :gravity : Gravity Pull
If an attack would kill you, autocast this card for free with its ability active.

ART:
http://www.sxc.hu/photo/917054
IDEA:
russianspy1234
NOTES:
If multiples are in hand, only one will trigger per event.
SERIES:
Autocast
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 03:41:27 pm by russianspy1234 »
My Portfolio
Brawl 7 is occurring.  Come follow along.

Offline OdinVanguard

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Keeping The Jotnar at bay
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Shadow Sphere | Shadow Ball https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=41240.msg510758#msg510758
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 03:13:20 am »
Just got one word for this card: SWEET!
Whether the glass is half full or half empty is a moot point. It is always filled to the brim. It is only a matter of by what. The real question is: What fills you?
If your zombie plan is
kill -9 `ps l | awk '{print $2" "$3" "$9}' | grep "Z" | awk '{printf("%s ",$2)}'`
You might be a unix junky

Offline Cheesy111

• Reputation Power: 19
  • Cheesy111 is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Cheesy111 is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Cheesy111 is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Battle League 2/2014 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBattle League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 2/2012 2nd Place
Re: Shadow Sphere | Shadow Ball https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=41240.msg510759#msg510759
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 03:14:23 am »
How does this work thematically with Darkness? Saving yourself would seem to be more the domain of Light or Life.

• russianspy1234 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.russianspy1234 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.russianspy1234 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.russianspy1234 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.russianspy1234 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Crucible Bombarder
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeArt Competition - Meta Master Card Design Competition: New Year's ResolutionsSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elementshifted 3rd Birthday Cake -Fire-DIAC Ray of SunshineSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Shadow Sphere | Shadow Ball https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=41240.msg510761#msg510761
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 03:18:22 am »
How does this work thematically with Darkness? Saving yourself would seem to be more the domain of Light or Life.

Thematically its a semimindless hyperdense black orb that sucks in a creature.  The autocast is you throwing it an an opponents creature in desperation.  Every element has a way of saving itself.  I agree this might not be entirely dark's domain, but that's why I have the gravity activation connection.
My Portfolio

Offline Camoninja

• Reputation Power: 7
  • Camoninja is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • failed quitter
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Shadow Sphere | Shadow Ball https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=41240.msg510771#msg510771
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, 03:49:42 am »
I see this as fitting in darkness because I see a darkness elemental as likely to pull a cheap trick like this to ensure is own survival for a little longer, like a cheesy cartoon villain.
(This card is surprise survival, and surprises hide well in darkness)

By calling this card a cheap trick, I didn't mean to insult it, it was meant to explain how it fit my view of darkness.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 03:53:39 am by Camoninja »

Offline Annele

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • Annele is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Annele is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Annele is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Annele is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Annele is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Annele is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • i should really update my profile
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeC-C-C Combomaker 3# WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Shadow Sphere | Shadow Ball https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=41240.msg510809#msg510809
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2012, 06:43:45 am »
I like this card, it is a cool varient of the save-yourself-from-dying cards. However, I think the upped is significantly worse than the upped. I think the whole point of this card is to allow you one more turn to survive, and with hp of 4, it very likely will not help you survive more than one creature. I would suggest raising cost a bit and increasing hp to 10. I doubt this would actually be played.
Beware the Darkness.

Offline Pineapple

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Pineapple hides under a Cloak.
  • Master of Cake
  • Awards: Silver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Shadow Sphere | Shadow Ball https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=41240.msg510818#msg510818
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2012, 07:58:16 am »
Easily abused with current damage monitor, Fractal, and maybe even Nightmare.

• Crucible Bombarder
Re: Shadow Sphere | Shadow Ball https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=41240.msg510925#msg510925
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2012, 03:00:28 pm »
I like this card, it is a cool varient of the save-yourself-from-dying cards. However, I think the upped is significantly worse than the upped. I think the whole point of this card is to allow you one more turn to survive, and with hp of 4, it very likely will not help you survive more than one creature. I would suggest raising cost a bit and increasing hp to 10. I doubt this would actually be played.

Actually, the point is indeed to help you survive just one more attack.  The unupped is a little to expensive to play without the autocast, whereas the upped isnt, but yes I probably will have the adjust the numbers a bit, I just plucked them out of thin air.

Easily abused with current damage monitor, Fractal, and maybe even Nightmare.
Yes fractal this does go quite well with fractal, most creatures do.  I actually planned to make the ability be gravity pull and burrow, but took out the burrow part because it wasn't thematic.  How does nightmare abuse this though?
My Portfolio

Offline esran

• Reputation Power: 5
  • esran is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Shadow Sphere | Shadow Ball https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=41240.msg510976#msg510976
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2012, 05:56:24 pm »
i like it, but no one would ever up it. make the upped cost 1 more than unupped, and be a 1/10.

Offline OdinVanguard

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Keeping The Jotnar at bay
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Shadow Sphere | Shadow Ball https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=41240.msg510979#msg510979
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2012, 06:10:09 pm »
i like it, but no one would ever up it. make the upped cost 1 more than unupped, and be a 1/10.
I agree with Esran. Given that the main purpose of the card is as a damage shield, it wouldn't make sense for it to lose hitpoints when upgraded. Especially since the cost becomes irrelevant if it is held in reserve as a life-saver type contingent.
Whether the glass is half full or half empty is a moot point. It is always filled to the brim. It is only a matter of by what. The real question is: What fills you?
If your zombie plan is
kill -9 `ps l | awk '{print $2" "$3" "$9}' | grep "Z" | awk '{printf("%s ",$2)}'`
You might be a unix junky

Offline eaglgenes101

• Reputation Power: 29
  • eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • The rising all-'rounder of Elements
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Shadow Sphere | Shadow Ball https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=41240.msg511174#msg511174
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2012, 04:28:49 am »
Frack this... now the opponent might ragequit.
My 3 game-modification principles:
1. If it ain't broke, don't wreck it.
2. Simple fixes for simple problems.
3. Remember to fill in the holes.

Offline DoubleCapitals

• Master of Earth
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • *whistle*
  • Awards: 14th Trials - Master of EarthSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake11th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Shadow Sphere | Shadow Ball https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=41240.msg511184#msg511184
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2012, 06:04:21 am »
"If an attack would kill you": This includes spells. But spells would bypass this right? so is it ineffective that way?
L R L R STOP & DASH & UP & TALK B B A B S(tart)

anything
blarg: