*Author

Offline Amilir

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Amilir hides under a Cloak.
  • New to Elements
Re: Frogtal https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=3949.msg101256#msg101256
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2010, 02:21:08 am »
Do the math.  In order to heal more than an improved heal, you must have the frogs attack more than 20 times.  20 attacks * 5 damage an attack = 100.  Your opponent is dead before feral bonds are useful.  Sure, shields, but you're probably playing frogs before bonds anyway for extra attacks on top of that.  Maybe if your opponent has a stall deck.

Offline icecoldbro

• icecoldbro hides under a Cloak.
  • S
Re: Frogtal https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=3949.msg101267#msg101267
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2010, 02:51:40 am »
its a good deck but quite expensive for only ai3 farming use aether its great

Offline icecoldbro

• icecoldbro hides under a Cloak.
  • S
Re: Frogtal https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=3949.msg101268#msg101268
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2010, 02:53:18 am »
Do the math.  In order to heal more than an improved heal, you must have the frogs attack more than 20 times.  20 attacks * 5 damage an attack = 100.  Your opponent is dead before feral bonds are useful.  Sure, shields, but you're probably playing frogs before bonds anyway for extra attacks on top of that.  Maybe if your opponent has a stall deck.
u dont heal more for evewry attack u heal depending on the number of creatures out nothing else

Offline Amilir

• Amilir hides under a Cloak.
  • New to Elements
Re: Frogtal https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=3949.msg101302#msg101302
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2010, 03:43:37 am »
Try thinking it through when you're well rested. ::) 

Here's a hint:  You heal one for every creature out.  You also attack once a turn for each creature out.

Offline jmdt

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake
Re: Frogtal https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=3949.msg101327#msg101327
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2010, 04:45:05 am »
Try thinking it through when you're well rested. ::) 

Here's a hint:  You heal one for every creature out.  You also attack once a turn for each creature out.
Exactly.  heal > bond in this deck.  Honestly from testing, I would keep the extra pillars.   This deck needs a ton of quanta fast to be really effective and its fast enough that healing is usually not a big issue.

Offline jmdt

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake
Re: Frogtal https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=3949.msg101330#msg101330
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2010, 04:49:41 am »
its a good deck but quite expensive for only ai3 farming use aether its great
Me and some friends on Kongregate did testing just for jollies and frogtal averages a quicker defeat of AI3 than both a life and shrieker rush.  It is a very efficient deck for AI3 farming if you have the cards laying around.

littlegriffi

Re: Frogtal https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=3949.msg102097#msg102097
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2010, 11:24:56 am »
lol @ title

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Your tears are delicious
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: Frogtal https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=3949.msg294530#msg294530
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2011, 07:06:18 am »
Holy necro batman!

Yeah I know this topic is old, however since I'm TTWing this deck at the moment, I thought I would present an update given the numerous nerfs and changes the game has undergone since the deck's initial release.  The latest version:

Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
7ae 7ae 7ae 7ae 7ae 7ae 7bu 7bu 7bu 7bu 7bu 7bu 7bu 7bu 7bu 7bu 7bu 7bu 7bu 7bu 7bu 7bu 7bu 7bu 7bu 7bu 80i 80i 80i 80i 8pu

True, all I did was remove all Towers and replace them with Life Pendulums, however I messed with and tweaked this deck for hours before coming to the conclusion that this will offer the best results.  The biggest thing is that this make is dead consistent.  I haven't started actually recording stats yet, but the amount of 5 turn kills I've gotten with this deck exceeds its 1.26 form (which received 4 5TTW games out of 200 games...and I have already exceeded that number significantly) and I suspect will also surpass its original form as well.  I tried Life Pend/Emerald Tower splits, but the bottom line is that this usually will allow Fractal to be played by turns 3-4 and then resulting in faster wins thereafter.  Biggest thing to note is that the new AI has significantly greater amounts of AoE spells to fry these guys with.  You basically have to be well accustomed to the opponent in order to prevent yourself from playing too many Frogs and losing the duel as a consequence; practice makes perfect.

Modifications I tried my hand at:
1)  -Pends, +Silences:  A nice idea, as it allows you to stop the opponent from playing Rain of Fire, Pandemonium, Dimensional Shield etc.  Unfortunately, too many of these will clog your hands while too few will not have an impact most of the time.  Big downside is it interferes with quanta for Fractal, thus cutting the speed considerably.
2)  -Pends, +Fractals:  Theoretical this reduces the chances of you getting really crappy draws, but it also clogs your hand far too much which also reduces speed.  4 is the magic number.
3)  -Pends, +Long Swords:  Thought I would take a USEM approach here.  It doesn't work.  Half the time it seemed like the swords would just drain the quanta I needed which slowed down the deck by at least 1 turn.  No weapons is the way to go.
4)  Multiple Pend/Tower splits:  It's clear that more Pendulums is the key to its speed.  I never found myself needing the extra :life that the Towers offered though, so I kept reducing the number until eventually I said to heck with it and just went with Pendulums completely.  Great news is you rarely, if ever, have too much of either type of quanta when you need the other at that moment.  4 turn kills should not be possible with this make, but I don't believe it was possible before either.  Amazingly 4 turn kills are possible, just incredibly unlikely.
Games: 200Avg. TTW: 6.337Avg. sec/game: 59.885Wins: 184Losses: 16Ems: 16
Frogs FTW.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 08:43:21 pm by willng3 »
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Forum reigned by my mixtape

Offline Macbi

• Reputation Power: 1
  • Macbi is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Frogtal https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=3949.msg1089658#msg1089658
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2013, 09:53:30 pm »
I've been trying this deck out (willng3's version with pendulums) and it seems like it would be better with an :life mark and :aether pendulums so that the pendulums are set to :aether to begin with. That way Fractal will probably become available one turn earlier. Is this a good idea?

(I'm new by the way, hi!)

EDIT: Also, the mark gives extra :life quanta, which I think are slightly more desirable than :aether.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 09:56:47 pm by Macbi »

Offline Marsu

• Reputation Power: 18
  • Marsu is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Marsu is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Marsu is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Green.
  • Awards: Winner of Booster Draft #2 - PvP EventBattle League 2/2013 Third Place7th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBattle League 1/2013 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Frogtal https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=3949.msg1089661#msg1089661
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2013, 10:04:56 pm »
I've been trying this deck out (willng3's version with pendulums) and it seems like it would be better with an :life mark and :aether pendulums so that the pendulums are set to :aether to begin with. That way Fractal will probably become available one turn earlier. Is this a good idea?

(I'm new by the way, hi!)

EDIT: Also, the mark gives extra :life quanta, which I think are slightly more desirable than :aether.

Hello and welcome Macbi. You should definetly post something in the 'Introduce yourself' section! :)

Regarding your question: As upped Life Pends give +1 Life quantum respectively the instant you play them, it is not rare to be able to deal 10 damage in turn 1 (!) with this version, which is just great. Intuitively, I'd thus prefer Life Pends, but it definetly won't make this deck useless if you switch to Aether Pends and Life mark. If you've got the uppeds, try it out and test for yourself! If you would need to upgrade your cards for that, I'd advise you to stick to Life Pends.

Offline Chapuz

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • The weird Voodoo guy
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - Tower Defense WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan Sharks
Re: Frogtal https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=3949.msg1089754#msg1089754
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2013, 02:11:32 pm »
@Macbi

1- Welcome to the forums! As Marsu said, a post in 'Introduce Yourself' section is always good for newcomers

2- People in this forum don't use to see very well necroing threads (posting in very very old threads, look that the last comment before yours was in 2011) unless they are highly productive posts.

3- For Frogtal specifically, I suggest you making the little effort of looking the versions used in War (<-- click!) by Team Life and Aether. To make a fast search you should enter the sections and copy in the search bar (upper right corner) the codes of Horned Frog and Fractal. You can also do it in the Duo decks section and look the feedback, but this specific deck is used a lot competitively.
My Decks, Tutorial and Guides <~~~~~ Click Here ! ! !

anything
blarg: