*Author

Offline waterzxTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 11
  • waterzx is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.waterzx is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Moon Wizard | Moon Sorcerer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=39406.msg490016#msg490016
« on: April 30, 2012, 11:51:24 am »
NAME:
Moon Wizard
ELEMENT:
Darkness
COST:
8 :darkness
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
7 | 5
TEXT:
:aether : Link with target creature.
Creatures in the same link gain +2|0 but all suffer equal damage if a member is hurt.
NAME:
Moon Sorcerer
ELEMENT:
Darkness
COST:
8 :darkness
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
8 | 6
TEXT:
Creatures in the same link gain +2|0 but all suffer equal damage if a member is hurt.

ART:
EmeraldTiger
IDEA:
Waterzx
NOTES:
New version of Moon Wizard | Moon Sorcerer

1. Change in mechanics. Now creatures in link won't instant die if a member in the same link is killed. Instead, all members in the link will suffer equal damage whenever one is damaged.

2. Upgraded version allows the use of Rage Portion, and can survive a lightning, which means the upgrade allows you to turn Rage Portion and Lightning into mass CC. I think it's worth the upgrading.

3. Playing cost increased by one. But the HP is also increased to maximize efficiency as CC card.

4. Clarification : If the wizard is killed, the link will NOT disappear because the link IS a status effect.

This card bridges the missing role of mid-hitter between Gargoyle and black dragon. And it is quite a versatile card with both offensive and defensive uses.

For offense, you can link this card with your creatures. All creatures(including the wizard himself) in the link will gain +2|0 (non-stackable). Note that a wizard can link with multiple creatures but a normal creature cannot be linked to multiple wizards (The latest link will replace the older one) with the exception mentioned below.

If a wizard is linked with another wizard, and each of them has already been linked to other creatures, the two separate linkage systems will be merged into a single one. By this way, you can have a creature linked to more than one wizards but you won't get any benefits from it.

But for such strategy to work, you have to take the risk that all your creatures in the link may die because of a single lightning.

For defense, you can link your creatures with opponent's creatures so your opponent needs to think twice before he/she decided to kill your creatures.

If you happen to have only one lightning in hand but your opponent has a lot of creatures, link all of them, and kill.

SERIES:

Spoiler for Hidden:
NAME:
Moon Wizard
ELEMENT:
Darkness
COST:
7 :darkness
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
7 | 4
TEXT:
All linked creatures gain +2|0.
If a creature dies, all other creatures in the same link die.
NAME:
Moon Sorcerer
ELEMENT:
Darkness
COST:
7 :darkness
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
9 | 4
TEXT:
All linked creatures gain +2|0.
If a creature dies, all other creatures in the same link die.

ART: None

IDEA:
waterzx
NOTES:
Too lazy for card art. May add it later if this card is welcome by the community.

This card bridges the missing role of mid-hitter between Gargoyle and black dragon. And it is quite a versatile card with both offensive and defensive uses.

For offense, you can link this card with your creatures. All creatures(including the wizard himself) in the link will gain +2|0 (non-stackable). Note that a wizard can link with multiple creatures but a normal creature cannot be linked to multiple wizards (The latest link will replace the older one) with the exception mentioned below.

If a wizard is linked with another wizard, and each of them has already been linked to other creatures, the two separate linkage systems will be merged into a single one. By this way, you can have a creature linked to more than one wizards but you won't get any benefits from it.

But for such strategy to work, you have to take the risk that all your creatures in the link may die because of a single lightning.

For defense, you can link your creatures with opponent's creatures so your opponent needs to think twice before he/she decided to kill your creatures.

If you happen to have only one lightning in hand but your opponent has a lot of creatures, link all of them, and kill.

And last, I need your help here :
http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,39347.0.html

SERIES:

« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 10:11:46 am by waterzx »

Offline mega plini

• Reputation Power: 7
  • mega plini is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • I follow rivers
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWar #5 - Sportsmanship Award
Re: Moon Wizard | Moon Sorcerer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=39406.msg490126#msg490126
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 04:39:57 pm »
I think this is balanced. It requires two colors wich makes it less useable. It has both good CC and offencive capabilities. bUt is is rather slow and thus Balanced.
I heared you want to make a series of this. I think the "link"-system is good to build around. Maybe build other wizzards with simmilar link-abilitis.
The Moon shines upon the innocent and the guilty alike

Offline OdinVanguard

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Keeping The Jotnar at bay
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Moon Wizard | Moon Sorcerer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=39406.msg490152#msg490152
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 05:10:53 pm »
Fun idea... I tend to associate the moon with  :light or  :water rather than  :darkness though, since the moon is actually a source of light at night... I guess it kind of works though. The mechanic is definitely cool... I see potential in scorpion decks (maybe a  :time  :darkness  :aether trio with dune scorp and anubis)
Whether the glass is half full or half empty is a moot point. It is always filled to the brim. It is only a matter of by what. The real question is: What fills you?
If your zombie plan is
kill -9 `ps l | awk '{print $2" "$3" "$9}' | grep "Z" | awk '{printf("%s ",$2)}'`
You might be a unix junky

Offline EmeraldTiger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 61
  • EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • :life :aether
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Moon Wizard | Moon Sorcerer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=39406.msg490341#msg490341
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 11:44:52 pm »
If Nowhere is Somewhere, and Somewhere is Over there, How can we be Anywhere?
:life :aether

Offline OdinVanguard

• Legendary Member
  • OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
Re: Moon Wizard | Moon Sorcerer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=39406.msg490363#msg490363
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 12:08:36 am »
oooh. I like that artwork, E.T. Sweet!
Whether the glass is half full or half empty is a moot point. It is always filled to the brim. It is only a matter of by what. The real question is: What fills you?
If your zombie plan is
kill -9 `ps l | awk '{print $2" "$3" "$9}' | grep "Z" | awk '{printf("%s ",$2)}'`

• waterzx is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.waterzx is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • New to Elements
Re: Moon Wizard | Moon Sorcerer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=39406.msg490426#msg490426
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2012, 01:32:03 am »
Thank you for the great card art !

But I'm now seeking advise on the balance of this card so it will take some time before I make the new version and incorporate the picture into the card.

Offline OdinVanguard

• Legendary Member
Re: Moon Wizard | Moon Sorcerer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=39406.msg490432#msg490432
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2012, 01:37:21 am »
What is really interesting about this card to me is that you can potentially use it offensively. I.e. if you link with enemy creatures, they will lose their own creatures if they target yours.
The more I look at it, the more I like the card... though I'm still not sure about giving it a  :darkness theme... I almost like it better as a  :light creature, especially since dark already has plenty of CC but light does not.
If your zombie plan is

• New to Elements
Re: Moon Wizard | Moon Sorcerer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=39406.msg490433#msg490433
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2012, 01:42:51 am »
What is really interesting about this card to me is that you can potentially use it offensively. I.e. if you link with enemy creatures, they will lose their own creatures if they target yours.
The more I look at it, the more I like the card... though I'm still not sure about giving it a  :darkness theme... I almost like it better as a  :light creature, especially since dark already has plenty of CC but light does not.
But :light doesn't fit the theme. :aether and  :darkness are the closest elements I got.

Offline OdinVanguard

• Legendary Member
Re: Moon Wizard | Moon Sorcerer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=39406.msg490460#msg490460
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2012, 02:22:52 am »
Actually, light does fit the theme if you think about it. Moon is a symbol of  :light and the divine in many cultures. The thematic idea of unifying many creatures, with each gaining strength through the bond seems to fit to me as well.
If your zombie plan is

• New to Elements
Re: Moon Wizard | Moon Sorcerer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=39406.msg490601#msg490601
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2012, 10:12:18 am »
New version is made. Please see the notes for explanation for the changes.

Offline OdinVanguard

• Legendary Member
Re: Moon Wizard | Moon Sorcerer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=39406.msg490715#msg490715
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2012, 04:50:49 pm »
From a coding perspective it may be tricky to implement this card as it is written. It would require either
1) creating and storing seperate lists of linked creatures for each link created.
2) Using seperate link labels for each link status and having to cross reference them on the fly when damage is calculated.
 I'm not sure how difficult either of those would be in the language elements is written in, but the latter could potentially start to slow things down when many creatures are present... If there were only one link, this wouldn't be as big of an issue.

That said, I do like the mechanic much better as it is written. Reminds me of the "Spirit Link" ability that the Tauren shaman had in Warcraft III.
If your zombie plan is

• New to Elements
Re: Moon Wizard | Moon Sorcerer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=39406.msg491031#msg491031
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2012, 02:48:58 am »
From a coding perspective it may be tricky to implement this card as it is written. It would require either
1) creating and storing seperate lists of linked creatures for each link created.
2) Using seperate link labels for each link status and having to cross reference them on the fly when damage is calculated.
 I'm not sure how difficult either of those would be in the language elements is written in, but the latter could potentially start to slow things down when many creatures are present... If there were only one link, this wouldn't be as big of an issue.

That said, I do like the mechanic much better as it is written. Reminds me of the "Spirit Link" ability that the Tauren shaman had in Warcraft III.
I can see the coding issue but this section is not to produce cards that will be made into game but cards that could inspire Zanz to make new card. So if Zanz finds the linking system interesting, he may find a way to implement it, or adjust the mechanics so he could code for it.

anything
blarg: