*Author

Offline TikoTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 16
  • Tiko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Tiko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Tiko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Blessed is the mind too small for doubts..
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeCreator of Architon, False God of the RenaissanceSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake4th Trials - Master of WaterWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of the Song of the Elders CompWinner of the Mythology Card Comp
Creating OUR Radio - Step 1: What music do you like? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=39067.msg485540#msg485540
« on: April 22, 2012, 08:43:53 pm »
Creating OUR Radio - Step 1

We figured the best way to make Elements Radio the most enjoyable for the whole community is to survey the future listeners about their preferences before seriously touching anything. There will be a series of these topics, and all of them will feature a simple question or two, or a poll, which only takes a few seconds to answer. Hopefully the majority will partake in this process, and we can launch it as soon as possible. So please, check in from time to time and share your opinion to make it the best it can be!

Now let us start with the basics. As in all Radio stations, a great portion of the shows are made of pure Music. And everybody loves Music, only our tastes differ.

So our first question is: What is your personal earcandy? What do you like to listen to while having your daily dose of Elements Chat, or which musical style brings out the grinder from you? Any favorite bands or composers? Share it! We love them all :]

« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 08:58:19 pm by Tiko »
:water   "..It is in this domain that the living suffer great extremes, it is here that the water-failures, driven to desperation, make start in a new element.
It is here that strange compromises are made and new senses are born."

Offline Pineapple

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Pineapple hides under a Cloak.
  • Master of Cake
  • Awards: Silver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Creating OUR Radio - Step 1: What music do you like? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=39067.msg485545#msg485545
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 08:51:34 pm »
http://xkcd.com/780/
Or, rather, lack thereof.

tl;dr what everyone else says as long as it doesn't break my "grinding focus"

Offline teffy

• Reputation Power: 20
  • teffy is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.teffy is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.teffy is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.teffy is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • May the oracle be with you
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Creating OUR Radio - Step 1: What music do you like? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=39067.msg485630#msg485630
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012, 10:59:06 pm »
The music must be free, and somehow mainstream and not getting on your nerves.
Which music do shops play to sell their products ?
I think Easy Listening/Ambience are good directions, slow guitar or piano.
And of cause music, which is produced by the community .
I mean, there are thousands of radio stations in the internet with a variety of music styles, our radio station must have sth "special".
I`m teffy, here - and Ringat on Kongregate

Offline mesaprotector

• Reputation Power: 16
  • mesaprotector is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.mesaprotector is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.mesaprotector is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Be creative!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake6th Trials - Master of LightBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Creating OUR Radio - Step 1: What music do you like? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=39067.msg485679#msg485679
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 12:13:11 am »
I'm fine with anything other than rap. Actually, there's even some rap I like xD

My only recommendation is that we play a variety of music rather than just one genre. Quiet, calm music is nice for grinding, but exciting music can be too if you're playing a tense PvP match.
Blue Ranger reporting, ready for teamwork and silly songs!

Offline Absol

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Consectetur Adipiscing Elit
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Creating OUR Radio - Step 1: What music do you like? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=39067.msg485685#msg485685
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2012, 12:21:40 am »
Trance, progressive rock, heavy metal, or rap.
For me, almost anything goes as long as the tempo is very fast (or very slow, no middle ground)
"Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit."
"There is no one who loves pain itself, who seeks after it and wants to have it, simply because it is pain."

Offline Drake_XIV

• Reputation Power: 91
  • Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Powerful Harmony
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSummer and Winter Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Creating OUR Radio - Step 1: What music do you like? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=39067.msg485714#msg485714
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2012, 12:48:04 am »
I'd prefer some classic rock.

Offline RootRanger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 51
  • RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • R A I N B R O S
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake10th Trials - Master of FireElemental Conquest WinnerWriting Competition - Across(tic) the World of ElementsWeekly Tournament Winner1st Grandmaster Battle Winner - FireThere Can Be Only One - 2016 WinnerGold DonorChampionship League 2/2015 2nd Place9th Trials - Master of FireElements: A Game of Politics - WinnerEnder of War War #8 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2013 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team DeathChampionship League 3/2011 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 2/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerBeginners League 1/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament Winner
Re: Creating OUR Radio - Step 1: What music do you like? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=39067.msg485737#msg485737
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2012, 01:17:01 am »
If it's fast, I'm probably fine with it.
Instrumentals and songs without a ton of lyrics are usually pretty good for me too.
Somehow still around, somewhat

Offline Shrink

• Reputation Power: 15
  • Shrink is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Shrink is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Shrink is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Awards: You are Our Only Hope WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Creating OUR Radio - Step 1: What music do you like? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=39067.msg485739#msg485739
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2012, 01:19:51 am »
Instrumentals and songs without a ton of lyrics are usually pretty good for me too.

^This.
Doctor Death

Offline tyranim

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • formerly unit
Re: Creating OUR Radio - Step 1: What music do you like? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=39067.msg485750#msg485750
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2012, 01:31:48 am »
electronic dance music. i especially love it when they mix classical instruments into the song like B/s did in her remix of like i love you on newgrounds. (and no, this isnt a shameless self advertisement, my user on newgrounds is also tyranim)
my milkshake brings all the boys to the yard and they're like "its better than yours" damn right, its better than yours! i can teach you but i'd have to charge!

Offline Naesala

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Creating OUR Radio - Step 1: What music do you like? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=39067.msg485851#msg485851
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2012, 04:14:54 am »
I like everything but screamo where the lyrics are /all/ screams and dirty rap. excessive country can be annoying too.

70's rock would be the way to go, in my opinion. Nice pace, perfect for grinding to.
Your favorite Hotyugh

Offline Calindu

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Abomination is quite pretty
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFourth Budosei of BudokanSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWar #9 Winner - Team Darkness8th Trials - Master of EntropyChampionship League 2/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerColosseum II Champion7th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 Winner6th Trials - Master of EntropyWinner of There Can Be Only One!Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 3/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Creating OUR Radio - Step 1: What music do you like? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=39067.msg485961#msg485961
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2012, 01:21:44 pm »
I do like the homestuck collection.
You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy.
War

Offline Higurashi

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Æther in Æternum enim Æquilibrio
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #6Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFalse Gods Competition: Reloaded - WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake4th Trials - Master of Aether3rd Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Creating OUR Radio - Step 1: What music do you like? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=39067.msg485965#msg485965
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2012, 01:55:11 pm »
Psytrance/Futurepop - Infected Mushroom, Dapanji, Astrix, Astral Projection, VNV Nation
Fast metal/funk/industrial - Demetori, Machinae Supremacy, Touhou music, Rage Against the Machine, some NIN, some Slipknot

Mainly. The most important thing is that it can put you in the zone.

For more relaxed tempo, things like VNV Nation's calmer songs. (Airships, Perpetual, etc.)
:aether  http://elementscommunity.org/forum/guilds/991-thunderbolts-ho!-991/ :aether
Aether is the prime Element present in all things, providing space, connection and balance for all Elements to exist.
Aether represents the sense of joy and union, and the ultimate potential of all things.

blarg: