*Author

Offline HyroenTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • like. follow. tweet.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWar #10 Winner - Team AirSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSkill of the Elemental : Mark of ProtectionWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Whim | Whim [Legacy - Forge] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38403.msg478621#msg478621
« on: April 10, 2012, 02:06:02 am »
NAME:
Whim
ELEMENT:
Air
COST:
3 :air
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
2 | 2
TEXT:
:air : Fickle
Replace an unplayable card in your hand with a playable card from your deck.
NAME:
Whim
ELEMENT:
Air
COST:
2 :air
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
2 | 2
TEXT:
Replace an unplayable card in your hand with a playable card from your deck.

ART:
tzioum

SOURCE
IDEA:
Hyroen
NOTES:
Playability will for now refer to the ability to play a card according to quanta limitations. If Elements the Game expands to include cards that prevent the playing of creatures/permanents/spells, Fickle will also affect it.

Playability due to quanta limitations will use X as an equation to consider for all other elements besides :air Air, where X is your current quanta amount. For :air Air it will be considered as X-1 to take into account the cost of Fickle.

Fickle will not however, override Silence if it is the only reason for not being able to play cards.

Fickle may not target.

If affected by Silence or if no cards are playable within your deck, Fickle will do nothing.

Upon first glance, Whim may seem like a potent strategic card, and it is, however its use can be a little trickier than one might imagine. Proper timing of the use of Fickle and of gaining quanta will allow Whim to be used to its maximum efficacy.

This card does not step too far into :time Time's deck acceleration niche as cards are being replace from the hand with cards from the deck, and thus there is no deck progress.

If possible, the card replaced from your hand will return to the position from where the playable card came from, if not it could go to the bottom of the deck, if not well... wherever is possible. C:

In rainbows, Fickle may help pull out cards that can be played, but the player will have more difficulty fine-tuning its use in order to get relatively desired effects, as rainbows do not, for the most part, have control over which quanta pool increases.

Expect to see best results from Whim's inclusion in Mono and Duo :air Air decks.
SERIES:

Spoiler for oEtG Iteration:
NAME:
Whim
ELEMENT:
Air
COST:
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
2 | 2
TEXT:
Swap target card with random affordable card from deck.
NAME:
Whim
ELEMENT:
Air
COST:
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
3 | 3
TEXT:
Swap target card with random affordable card from deck.

ART:
kae

Art credits for oEtG found here
IDEA:
Hyroen
NOTES:
May target either player's hand.
SERIES:

« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 07:26:28 am by Hyroen »
WAR X - TEAM :air AIR

[EtG Council]   |   [Card Ideas & Art]   |   [Guilds]

Offline artimies7

• Reputation Power: 24
  • artimies7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.artimies7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.artimies7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.artimies7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Effectively Super
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Whim | Whim https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38403.msg478627#msg478627
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 02:15:21 am »
This looks legit and useable.

Though it seems sort of fourth wall-y to have a creature reach into and modify the place that it was summoned from, but that's just me.
Donuts, Noodles, or Bacon?
Whitewalleries! | Noodles, to Victory!

Offline YawnChainHow

• Reputation Power: 9
  • YawnChainHow is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Tees no longer available for purchase
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Whim | Whim https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38403.msg478628#msg478628
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 02:20:42 am »
This'll be a fun card to pair with SoSe, that's for sure.

I'd prefer Fickle to be unusable with a deck full of unplayable cards, rather than stealing a :air and running off. It does fit the name of the ability thematically, but it seems counterintuitive.

• Legendary Member
  • Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • like. follow. tweet.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWar #10 Winner - Team AirSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSkill of the Elemental : Mark of ProtectionWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Whim | Whim https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38403.msg478637#msg478637
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 02:34:51 am »
I have literally not made as many edits with any other card than I have with Whim. *pant* *catches breath* (yes, typing is exhausting, especially for someone who hates that edit mark T-T)

Anyway, I think that Air has a lot of soft versions of mechanics from other elements, and I do agree that in a literal sense, cards being "teleported" from hand to deck and back seems like it could be in another element, however I tried to incorporate a nature of :air Air into a possible creature, in another way.

Fickle is meant to invoke a characteristic of the :air Air elemental, freedom, at a cost: it can get out of hand. Too much freedom, and you lose control.

It was this fine balance which I attempted to translate into the card. I may change the cost of Fickle to :aether if it is requested, but I personally think the mechanics behind Fickle represent quite well what :air Air may represent.

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Whim | Whim https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38403.msg478646#msg478646
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2012, 03:04:15 am »
I like this idea, and the theme.
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

Offline mildlyfrightenedboy

• Reputation Power: 9
  • mildlyfrightenedboy is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • The Lady of Clockwork
Re: Whim | Whim https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38403.msg479284#msg479284
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2012, 04:20:40 pm »
What would this do when you are silenced?
Technically, every card in your hand and your deck would be unplayable :P

EDIT: Ah, I see that part now.  NVM.
This thing seemed dead inside. It seemed like an automaton, trying to act like as if it was alive. The effect was unsettling.
Orianna made a sound that supposed to a girl's squeal of glee and hugged The Ball. While it might have been touching, it was unfortunately only horrifying.

Offline darkrobe

• Reputation Power: 12
  • darkrobe is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.darkrobe is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
Re: Whim | Whim https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38403.msg479357#msg479357
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2012, 07:08:50 pm »
I like. I might want to see it as a permanent though. I doesnt feel like a creature to me.

Offline OdinVanguard

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Keeping The Jotnar at bay
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Whim | Whim https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38403.msg1141360#msg1141360
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2014, 05:28:33 am »
Been playing around with this card's openEtG incarnation. Its quite fun, especially coupled with effects that help gain new cards, e.g. MindGate, SoSe and hourglass.
Definitely getting my vote once next cycle comes up.
Whether the glass is half full or half empty is a moot point. It is always filled to the brim. It is only a matter of by what. The real question is: What fills you?
If your zombie plan is
kill -9 `ps l | awk '{print $2" "$3" "$9}' | grep "Z" | awk '{printf("%s ",$2)}'`
You might be a unix junky

Offline Blacksmith

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • Happy to help!!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake11th Trials - Master of Earth10th Trials - Master of EarthWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner7th Trials - Master of EarthWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2012 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Whim | Whim https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38403.msg1141385#msg1141385
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2014, 01:48:43 pm »
Been playing around with this card's openEtG incarnation. Its quite fun, especially coupled with effects that help gain new cards, e.g. MindGate, SoSe and hourglass.
Definitely getting my vote once next cycle comes up.
As well as mine. It's not op but still very good and can be used in many situations. Especially to draw pillar pends.
Purple Hillbilly reporting, ready for teamwork and shiny times. 

Offline timetock

• Reputation Power: 12
  • timetock is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.timetock is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • wow much infinity wow
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Whim | Whim https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38403.msg1141539#msg1141539
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2014, 04:27:27 am »
mono :air, replace expensive dragons with free dragonflies, and so you get even more quanta to wield.

Seems a bit OP to me with SoFree, but I can't say for sure.

Offline OdinVanguard

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Keeping The Jotnar at bay
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Whim | Whim https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38403.msg1143678#msg1143678
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2014, 01:03:16 am »
mono :air, replace expensive dragons with free dragonflies, and so you get even more quanta to wield.

Seems a bit OP to me with SoFree, but I can't say for sure.
^Hard to say... Its one of the instances where oEtG won't quite work for balance since SoFree was mildly nerfed compared to standard EtG
Whether the glass is half full or half empty is a moot point. It is always filled to the brim. It is only a matter of by what. The real question is: What fills you?
If your zombie plan is
kill -9 `ps l | awk '{print $2" "$3" "$9}' | grep "Z" | awk '{printf("%s ",$2)}'`
You might be a unix junky

• Legendary Member
  • like. follow. tweet.
Re: Whim | Whim https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38403.msg1143715#msg1143715
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2014, 03:56:13 am »
It would definitely contribute to the freedom theme of :air Air. It might be mechanically odd to have an opposite of this mechanism in :earth Earth though. If anything, :earth Earth is something sturdy and reliable. I'd probably design something that could generate pillars to be played thus contributing to the theme of reliability.

blarg: