*Author

Offline NewbiecakeTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 15
  • Newbiecake is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Newbiecake is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Newbiecake is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Pursuing.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFG Deck-Designer - Adaptation
(v.1.31) Pillarless SPlat - Gold & Platinum/False God Killer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38370.msg478356#msg478356
« on: April 09, 2012, 04:27:12 pm »
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 6rm 6rm 6rm 6rm 6rm 6rm 6rt 6rt 6rt 6rt 6rt 6rt 6s3 6s3 6u2 6u2 74a 74a 74a 7qd 7qd 7qd 7qd 7qd 8ps

4t6 4t6 4t6 4t6 4t6 4t6 4td 4td 4td 4td 4td 4td 4tj 4tj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 5rt 5rt 5rt 5rt 5rt 6u2 6u2 74a 74a 74a 8ps

If you have trouble obtaining Shards of Bravery, replace with Sundials (do not upgrade them or you'll have a lesser chance of drawing Novas in your starting hand) and/or Purifies/Precognitions:

4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 6rm 6rm 6rm 6rm 6rm 6rm 6rt 6rt 6rt 6rt 6rt 6rt 6u2 6u2 74a 74a 74a 7gq 7qb 7qd 7qd 7qd 7qd 7qd 8ps

4t6 4t6 4t6 4t6 4t6 4t6 4td 4td 4td 4td 4td 4td 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 5rp 5rp 5rt 5rt 5rt 5rt 5rt 6u2 6u2 74a 74a 74a 8ps

-I thought this is pretty obvious already, but people think Purify is counterproductive to the Poison Counters racked up on the AI; it's not. Heres why:
With the AI not hesitating to play its cards (unless you SoSac'd which causes the AI to stop playing creatures and damaging spells to you), you'll be surprised how fast you can kill the AI after you removed it's, oh, up to 12 turns of immunity since the AI is restricted to playing 6 SoSac no matter how many it has in its deck, but then it'll take you another few turns to get its HP to 0, which by then you'll probably have decked out after being stalled for so long if you play a normal version of SPlat without Purify. Besides, when the AI plays like 3 SoSac in a single turn it'll usually be down to like 30 HP, so it won't be long before those Neuro Counters rack up again to finish it off. Screenshot below; it only took 4 more turns to win after I Purified the AI's SoSac.

Spoiler for Screenies:

9-6=3
3+1=4 since I let my 2 Scorpions attack once, thus making it actually 4 turns after the Purification of the AI's SoSac to kill it.
Intro:
Spinoff version of SPlat, dropping out Time Towers completely. This pillarless version of SPlat is resistent to the immense amount of thriving Mono Darkness decks, as they play off Nova and you can play your Unstoppables/SoDs without having to worry about Pests sucking away at your quanta.

What should I use this over SPlat Newbiecake?
This deck only requires 5 upgraded cards to work, and it's got a much better winrate than All Dolled Down, Limitless Speed, and Liquid Antimatter. All Dolled Down is so prone to horrific draws; Limitless Speed has a longer TTW and it takes a longer length of time to determine whether the game is winnable, while this can be determined quickly by whether or not you can get a Scorp/Buff combo out early enough; Liquid Antimatter just sucks now, with all the AI improvements.

Great insight by willing3:

I've not played it before but I heard the pillared version u quite often manage to get out a 1st turn scorp. Seems to me that would be so much more advantageous especially when u get 1st turn as often the AI will play at least 3+ cards on their first turn which makes up quite a lot of damage. On the other hand this seems to get much better reviews, how come better than pillared splat then? ;o
One of the biggest problems that I would say the Tower version of SPlat has is actually its quanta generation.  Mono Darkness can wreck the Tower version if it has Devourers/Pests by not only draining your :time needed to play the Scorps and SoDs, but also draining your :gravity which makes the Dune Scorp combo impossible to achieve.  Pillarless SPlat works around this weakness through the use of Nova which can either allow you to spam SoDs to give you more time before needing to play SoSa or it can sometimes prevent your :time, :gravity or :entropy from being drained by having the Devs drain a different source of quanta.  Nova also helps to counter Discord a bit.

The Tower version also has a serious problem with PC, especially SoFo.  Explosions and Steals are definitely annoying when spammed left and right, especially when they stop you from getting more Scorps out.  In Rainbows this is even more problematic because oftentimes the Rainbow will remove your Dune Scorp and Purify themselves while you have no :time generating.  Pillarless SPlat also faces a similar problem, but to a lesser extent.  Also, sometimes it's actually a good idea to clog the AI's hand just in case their deck contains Miracles, Stone Skins, Purify, etc.; by reducing their draws to 1 card per turn you can seriously cripple their chances of drawing those key threat cards.

Nova in and of itself also gives the deck huge benefits because it makes the deck easier to customize.  Shards can be played more quickly, and the player has the option of adding cards such as Reflective Shield, Purify, Chaos Power or Sundial if they so desire.

Mandatory upgrades:
-5 Buff cards (5 Unstoppables OR 2 Chaos Powers and 3 Unstoppables)

Upgrade for better results:
2 Shards of Bravery --> 6 Shards of Divinity (makes such a big difference as you can play a Scorpion+Buff combo and 3 SoDs, instead of 2, per Nova played) --> 6 Shards of Sacrefice (allows you to start a SoSac chain later, and requires less damage from the FG's field to make up for the damage from SoSac) --> 5 Dune Scorpions (more survivability)

Credits to Bonestorm and his original SPlat.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 03:48:51 pm by Newbiecake »
Tasted the world, seen more than enough.

Offline Bloom

• Reputation Power: 5
  • Bloom is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Elements is like life, endless possibilities.
Re: (v.1.30) Purified SPlat/Poisondial (Spinoffs) - Platinum Killers https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38370.msg480776#msg480776
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 04:38:49 am »
Surprised no one has found this yet. Not bad success with the Splat variant :D good job +1 rep
“You have to take seriously the notion that understanding the universe is your responsibility, because the only understanding of the universe that will be useful to you is your own understanding.” - Terence McKenna

Offline bogtro

• Reputation Power: 14
  • bogtro is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.bogtro is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Bring it. I'm ready.
  • Awards: 6th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: (v.1.30) Purified SPlat/Poisondial (Spinoffs) - Platinum Killers https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38370.msg480777#msg480777
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2012, 04:39:55 am »
Eh, quite honestly I don't like either of these. Purify is pretty counterproductive when you're getting rid of all the poison you've accumulated.
Years ago we had Ronald Reagan, Johnny Cash, Bob Hope, and Steve Jobs. Now we have Obama, no hope, no cash, and no jobs.

Offline Bloom

Re: (v.1.30) Purified SPlat/Poisondial (Spinoffs) - Platinum Killers https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38370.msg480781#msg480781
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2012, 04:54:31 am »
Edit: I encountered the fact that purify is counter productive with Splat as it removes the opponents Neurotoxin, as well as Sacrifice.

Ninjas.  ::)
“You have to take seriously the notion that understanding the universe is your responsibility, because the only understanding of the universe that will be useful to you is your own understanding.” - Terence McKenna

Offline Boingo

• Reputation Power: 26
  • Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
Re: (v.1.30) Purified SPlat/Poisondial (Spinoffs) - Platinum Killers https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38370.msg480785#msg480785
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2012, 05:03:11 am »
Eh, quite honestly I don't like either of these. Purify is pretty counterproductive when you're getting rid of all the poison you've accumulated.
I think the purify is to counter SoSac on the AI deck
Bring back Holy Cow!

• Newbiecake is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Newbiecake is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Newbiecake is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Pursuing.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFG Deck-Designer - Adaptation
Re: (v.1.30) Purified SPlat/Poisondial (Spinoffs) - Platinum Killers https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38370.msg480789#msg480789
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2012, 05:12:18 am »
Boingo is correct. With the AI not hesitating to play its cards (unless you SoSac'd which causes the AI to stop playing creatures and damaging spells to you), you'll be surprised how fast you can kill the AI after you removed it's, oh, up to 12 turns of immunity since the AI is restricted to playing 6 SoSac no matter how many it has in its deck, but then it'll take you another few turns to get its HP to 0, which by then you'll probably have decked out after being stalled for so long if you play a normal version of SPlat without Purify. Besides, when the AI plays like 3 SoSac in a single turn it'll usually be down to like 30 HP, so it won't be long before those Neuro Counters rack up again to finish it off.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 05:14:40 am by Noobiecakes »

Offline pervepic

• Reputation Power: 9
  • pervepic is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: (v.1.30) Purified SPlat/Poisondial (Spinoffs) - Platinum Killers https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38370.msg480904#msg480904
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2012, 11:20:37 am »
The first one is like my old deck
Spoiler for Hidden:
4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 6rm 6rm 6rm 6rm 6rm 6rm 6rt 6rt 6rt 6rt 6rt 6rt 6u2 6u2 71a 74a 74a 7dm 7qb 7qb 7qd 7qd 7qd 7qd 8ps
, but with the Purify. I think I'll consider adding this one also to my deck (taking out 1 Precognition probly), if there will be a lot of SoSac decks on the Arena in the future. I would also suggest using some Chaos Powers, especially only with 5 Novas in the deck.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 11:30:58 am by pervepic »
The Owls are not what they seem.

Offline Darkobra

• Reputation Power: 1
  • Darkobra is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: (v.1.30) Purified SPlat/Poisondial (Spinoffs) - Platinum Killers https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38370.msg480973#msg480973
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2012, 03:25:10 pm »
I've had more success with this removing the precognitions and adding another purify and nova.

• Pursuing.
Re: (v.1.30) Purified SPlat/Poisondial (Spinoffs) - Platinum Killers https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38370.msg481043#msg481043
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2012, 05:58:49 pm »
The first one is like my old deck
Spoiler for Hidden:
4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 6rm 6rm 6rm 6rm 6rm 6rm 6rt 6rt 6rt 6rt 6rt 6rt 6u2 6u2 71a 74a 74a 7dm 7qb 7qb 7qd 7qd 7qd 7qd 8ps
, but with the Purify. I think I'll consider adding this one also to my deck (taking out 1 Precognition probly), if there will be a lot of SoSac decks on the Arena in the future. I would also suggest using some Chaos Powers, especially only with 5 Novas in the deck.
Oh that's a great idea! Maybe -2 Unstoppables, +2 Chaos Powers. More Unstoppables than Chaos Powers to bypass certain shields/Grav Pulled creatures.

4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 6rm 6rm 6rm 6rm 6rm 6rm 6rt 6rt 6rt 6rt 6rt 6rt 6u2 6u2 74a 74a 74a 7gq 7qb 7qb 7qd 7qd 7qd 7qd 7qd 8ps

Offline bogtro

• Reputation Power: 14
  • bogtro is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.bogtro is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Bring it. I'm ready.
  • Awards: 6th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: (v.1.30) Purified SPlat/Poisondial (Spinoffs) - Platinum Killers https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38370.msg481045#msg481045
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2012, 06:07:55 pm »
Boingo is correct. With the AI not hesitating to play its cards (unless you SoSac'd which causes the AI to stop playing creatures and damaging spells to you), you'll be surprised how fast you can kill the AI after you removed it's, oh, up to 12 turns of immunity since the AI is restricted to playing 6 SoSac no matter how many it has in its deck, but then it'll take you another few turns to get its HP to 0, which by then you'll probably have decked out after being stalled for so long if you play a normal version of SPlat without Purify. Besides, when the AI plays like 3 SoSac in a single turn it'll usually be down to like 30 HP, so it won't be long before those Neuro Counters rack up again to finish it off.

1|4 creatures are really not difficult to kill. With my version of SPlat, I find far more often I lose to my scorpions dying and then my opponent playing purify than getting outstalled by SoSac.
Years ago we had Ronald Reagan, Johnny Cash, Bob Hope, and Steve Jobs. Now we have Obama, no hope, no cash, and no jobs.

Offline Bloom

Re: (v.1.30) Purified SPlat/Poisondial (Spinoffs) - Platinum Killers https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38370.msg481114#msg481114
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2012, 08:49:56 pm »

4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 6rm 6rm 6rm 6rm 6rm 6rm 6rt 6rt 6rt 6rt 6rt 6rt 6u2 6u2 74a 74a 74a 7gq 7qb 7qb 7qd 7qd 7qd 7qd 7qd 8ps

Just beat Ralouf's Physalia Sosac 26-0 deck with this. :D I'll keep playing to see if I can find any improvements.

Offline Blues

• Reputation Power: 4
  • Blues is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: (v.1.30) Purified SPlat/Poisondial (Spinoffs) - Platinum Killers https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38370.msg481360#msg481360
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2012, 03:07:47 am »
-Poisondials  :water/ :death style is pretty self explanitory. Play those Physalias and Arsenics whenever possible, rack up tons of Poison Counters, win. Arsenic is excellent for racking up Poison Counters if you do encounter any SoSac decks and need to Purify the AI's SoSac.
Ever thought about using Shard of Rediness in this deck?
You could stop the fight when oponent has Shard of Sacrifice up, let your creatures grow and kill him (hopefully with 1 hit).
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 06:59:45 am by Blues »

anything
blarg: Newbiecake,Noobiecakes