*Author

Offline Drake_XIVTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 91
  • Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Powerful Harmony
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSummer and Winter Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Twilit Chariot | Twilit Rook https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37858.msg475613#msg475613
« on: March 30, 2012, 12:00:37 am »
NAME:
Twilit Chariot
ELEMENT:
Darkness
COST:
6 :darkness
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
6 | 6
TEXT:
:light :light : Brigade Charge
All of your creatures gain +2 | +2 and Momentum.  Creatures might die on attack.
NAME:
Twilit Rook
ELEMENT:
Darkness
COST:
7 :darkness
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
8 | 8
TEXT:
:light:light :light : Brigade Charge
All of your creatures gain +2 | +2 and Momentum.  Creatures might die on attack.
ART:
IDEA:
Drake_XIV
NOTES:
Hm, basis?  "Charge of the Light Brigade" and chess pieces.

For those that don't know, the rook was meant to based off of a chariot, as seen in its counterparts in other strategic board games of similar nature.

The effects of Brigade Charge lasts only for that turn and do not stack.

The chance to die on attack is ~66% [2/3], approximately the percent of troops lost in the actual Charge of the Light Brigade.
SERIES:
Twilit Series (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,39628.html)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 11:16:55 pm by Drake_XIV »

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Facetious trollnotmod
  • Awards: Epic 3 Card Winner - Clockwork GolemBest Recruiter of FriendsBest JournalistBest Chat PainterBattle - Slayer of The Great ChimeraBest Crafted Relic of Other
Re: Twilit Chariot | Twilit Rook https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37858.msg475618#msg475618
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 12:04:29 am »
Still don't really see the meaning behind :darkness and :light quanta. I also have no idea on the balance of this card.

Offline whatifidogetcaught?

• Reputation Power: 28
  • whatifidogetcaught? is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.whatifidogetcaught? is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.whatifidogetcaught? is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.whatifidogetcaught? is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.whatifidogetcaught? is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Fattest skinny guy you know.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Twilit Chariot | Twilit Rook https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37858.msg475620#msg475620
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 12:06:56 am »
I can see the  :light part, but I don't really see the darkness. Perhaps just straight light, as chess is seen as somewhat divine and stuff.
A tout le monde, a tout mes amis, je vous aime, je dois partir.

Proud servant of Team :time in War 6.

• Legendary Member
  • Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Powerful Harmony
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSummer and Winter Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Twilit Chariot | Twilit Rook https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37858.msg475621#msg475621
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2012, 12:07:22 am »
Okay, I admit, this doesn't exactly fit into :darkness , but I also felt it didn't really fit anywhere else specifically, so I decided to stick with the Twilit theme, which basically encompasses :darkness and :light thematically with twilight.

Offline Poker Alho

• Reputation Power: 18
  • Poker Alho is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Poker Alho is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Poker Alho is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • flips are overrated
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Twilit Chariot | Twilit Rook https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37858.msg475624#msg475624
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2012, 12:22:19 am »
Okay, I admit, this doesn't exactly fit into :darkness , but I also felt it didn't really fit anywhere else specifically, so I decided to stick with the Twilit theme, which basically encompasses :darkness and :light thematically with twilight.
i think it does fit very well in darkness, chess and chess pieces are classic images used to define manipulation, and that fits darkness like a glove, although in this case it seems like you are manipulating your creatures to push themselves to the limit to do more damage, even if it means they migh die in the process, so this might even work as a darkness-only card

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Facetious trollnotmod
  • Awards: Epic 3 Card Winner - Clockwork GolemBest Recruiter of FriendsBest JournalistBest Chat PainterBattle - Slayer of The Great ChimeraBest Crafted Relic of Other
Re: Twilit Chariot | Twilit Rook https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37858.msg475631#msg475631
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2012, 12:38:34 am »
I see nothing having to do with twilight besides you just wanting to use that in the title. Personally, why not just make it something like "light brigade"? This seems to invoke the idea of bravery and courage, so why not :light or :fire?

• Legendary Member
  • Powerful Harmony
Re: Twilit Chariot | Twilit Rook https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37858.msg475643#msg475643
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2012, 12:50:33 am »
I see nothing having to do with twilight besides you just wanting to use that in the title.
I just said I made it :darkness to fit with the theme of the name I wanted to give it...  Yes, a pure :light could work, but I'd hesitate in putting it into :fire .  It wasn't so much as bravery or recklessness that :fire tends to represent, but as to something else.  Of course, the effect is based on a play on "Light."  It is initially meant in contrast to heavy cavalry, so :light can also be argued to not fit it either.

I'm partially biased in trying to expand a potential Series [Twilit anyone?], but there is a frail argument I could make for :darkness .  One is the idea Poker submitted.  The imagery of manipulation is seen through chess pieces, and the effect involves the mass manipulation of your own creatures with a negative effect.  But :fire also encompasses this.  Another thing was that the failure that was the Charge of the Light Brigade was caused by severe miscommunication in the army's ranks.  This miscommunication could be translated into :entropy or :darkness , but since it was actually an organized rush, that strikes :entropy out, leaving me with :darkness .  Like I said, it isn't much, but it's what I have and seems sufficient enough to leave it in :darkness than moving it out.

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • Facetious trollnotmod
Re: Twilit Chariot | Twilit Rook https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37858.msg475647#msg475647
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2012, 01:00:09 am »
I see nothing having to do with twilight besides you just wanting to use that in the title.
I just said I made it :darkness to fit with the theme of the name I wanted to give it...  Yes, a pure :light could work, but I'd hesitate in putting it into :fire .  It wasn't so much as bravery or recklessness that :fire tends to represent, but as to something else.  Of course, the effect is based on a play on "Light."  It is initially meant in contrast to heavy cavalry, so :light can also be argued to not fit it either.

I'm partially biased in trying to expand a potential Series [Twilit anyone?], but there is a frail argument I could make for :darkness .  One is the idea Poker submitted.  The imagery of manipulation is seen through chess pieces, and the effect involves the mass manipulation of your own creatures with a negative effect.  But :fire also encompasses this.  Another thing was that the failure that was the Charge of the Light Brigade was caused by severe miscommunication in the army's ranks.  This miscommunication could be translated into :entropy or :darkness , but since it was actually an organized rush, that strikes :entropy out, leaving me with :darkness .  Like I said, it isn't much, but it's what I have and seems sufficient enough to leave it in :darkness than moving it out.
But why :darkness with :light ability? Shouldn't it be :light with :darkness ability then? But then that'd imply the charge was underhanded and evil instead of heroic and valiant.

• Legendary Member
  • Powerful Harmony
Re: Twilit Chariot | Twilit Rook https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37858.msg475650#msg475650
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2012, 01:08:02 am »

But why :darkness with :light ability? Shouldn't it be :light with :darkness ability then? But then that'd imply the charge was underhanded and evil instead of heroic and valiant.
Which is why I simply swapped them.  In the end, they kind of thematically fit

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • Facetious trollnotmod
Re: Twilit Chariot | Twilit Rook https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37858.msg475653#msg475653
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2012, 01:10:03 am »
But then it makes it seem like the entire chariot (Isn't it supposed to be a regiment?) is evil, and the brave charge is the only thing that makes them heroic.

• Legendary Member
  • Powerful Harmony
Re: Twilit Chariot | Twilit Rook https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37858.msg475680#msg475680
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2012, 02:28:45 am »
But then it makes it seem like the entire chariot (Isn't it supposed to be a regiment?) is evil, and the brave charge is the only thing that makes them heroic.
Well, in that case, the lone Chariot [rider] manipulates its fellow creatures into bravely charging ahead.

anything
blarg: