*Author

Offline majofaTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 90
  • majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Forum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersWar #8 - Sportsmanship AwardForum Brawl #4 WinnerROCK-PAPER-SCISSORS-LIZARD-SPOCK Bazinger2012 - PvP World ChampionSapphire Shard of PvP Events6th Trials - Master of WaterCard Idea Decks - Space CreaturesBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksWinner of 12 Lives - PvP Event #2Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerPvP Player of the Year - 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Raise the Stakes PvP Event #14th Trials - Master of LightWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #3 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerVictor of the 1st Card Design War24 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWinner of Team PvP #3Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of 12 Lives PvP Event #1Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
War #5 (proposed rules) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37403.msg469995#msg469995
« on: March 12, 2012, 04:52:49 am »
(worked on by ~Napalm & majofa)
[Auction Rules credit: TStar & Roles Idea credit: Jaymanfu]

(Part 1) General Information
12 Masters = 12 Generals
400 blank cards are given to each

(Part 2) Auction
Before the auction, each General may recruit one Lieutenant of their choosing. This player will join their team at no cost. (Recruit means the player would have to accept the invitation to be the Lieutenant.)

- Auction House -
Players who want to join War will each start their own War application topic where they include important information about themselves like their score and the number of rare cards they have.
In the Title, the player will include any elements they wishes to ban; the starting bid of this player will be 1+x, where 'x' is the number of elements banned.
Generals may not bid on any player that has banned their element.

The rest of the Auction House will remain the same as in the last War.

(Part 3) Vault Building
Vault building rules:
- at least 50% of cards have to be from your element
- maximum of 18 per card from your element (restriction doesn't apply to Pillars or Pendulums)
- maximum of 6 per card from other elements (restriction doesn't apply to Pillars or Pendulums)
- no Shards

(Part 4) Member Roles
General - 6 extra upped cards
Lieutenant - 3 extra upped cards
Strategist - May use a sideboard of up to 6 cards
Mercenary - 33% on-element rule
Scavenger - Salvages 3 extra cards after a win
Bulwark - Discards 3 less cards after a loss
Scout - Sees opponent's deck before match
Assassin - Your opponent discards 3 additional cards if you win

(Part 5) Round Matches
Opponents will be determined randomly by Warmasters using an online randomizer, with the constraint that no team will play another team more than once within a given round if possible. [[Only Generals will be included, the rest of the spots will be filled with the elements only.]]

In the google doc, each team will input which player will be fighting which element.

If there are uneven number of players fighting during a round the lowest ranked team that can field more than one deck gets a bye, meaning that one player in that team will skip the round. If that team already had a bye during the previous round, the next lowest ranked team gets a bye instead. No team may have a 2nd bye unless all other active teams have had at least 1 bye.

Sideboards
If you are to play an opponent with fewer players in battle in a given round, you may choose to include a sideboard of cards along with the deck. Your sideboard can contain 2 cards if your team has one more player in battle, plus 1 for each additional player in battle, up to a total of 6 cards. If you lose the match you can chose to discard from your sideboard instead of your deck, but your opponent can NOT salvage from your sideboard.

(Part 6) Decks Played

Decks PlayedVault RangeExtra Cards
8286+46+
7246-28536-75
6206-24526-65
5166-20516-55
4131-16511-45
397-1307-40
264-964-36
130-630-33
(Part 6.5) Deckbuilding and Conversion
Deckbuilding rules:
- Any mark
- At least 50% of your cards have to be from your element
- All players may use up to 3 upgraded cards (unupgraded cards taken from the Vault are transformed into upgraded ones)
- You cannot change your deck until the round is over
- Player Roles may override some of these rules.

Teams can convert a maximum of 24 cards per round.

(Part 7) Discarding & Salvaging
ROUND 1: discard 6
ROUND 2: discard 12
ROUND 3: discard 18
ROUND 4: discard 24
ROUND 5+: discard 30

Teams may salvage 6 cards from each deck they defeat.

Offline Sevs

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • My favorite element is Oxygen
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: War #5 (proposed rules) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37403.msg469997#msg469997
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 05:07:11 am »
I will fill this in with a review of the rest of it but i have to say what i like the most is the changed member roles.

Part 1
unless the master elects to not lead war.

Part 2
I like the idea of choosing a lieutenant because you would have someone to help you with the prewar work. or at least someone who you didnt have to risk paying huge cards for.

Also a fan of the 1+x part

Part 3
The maximum of 6 of each off element card is very harsh to decks that depend on other elements. Earth for example would be incredible weak if they  could only use 6 novas.  it should be at least 12.

Part 4
I really really really like this idea.

Part 5
Mmmm the assigning of the players is new. I almost feel it should still be fixed.

And the sideboard idea. I don't think, aside from the stategist, that the sideboard should be included in the regular event.

Part 6
When you calculate the extra cards, I almost feel it should be expressed on how many extra per deck. not just as a group.

8286+5+
7246-2855-10
6206-2454-10
5166-2053-11
4131-1652-11
397-1302-13
264-962-18
130-630-33
This kinda shows why it is hard to field decks with 3-7 players, because you don't really have that much wiggle room. I think the numbers could be increased a little bit.

Part 7
I have never liked the full 30 card discard, so i would stick to the 24 card discard but that is an opinion i guess.

"Elements is the greatest game ever made" - Abraham Lincoln

Offline ralouf

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Elements lover
  • Awards: War #5 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2012 WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: War #5 (proposed rules) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37403.msg470005#msg470005
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 05:42:08 am »
Tons of good stuff here, just too things I'd point out :
I really liked the fact that every one could play uppgarded cards last war, it opened many new deckbuilding option and I'd be sad to see it disapear.. Missed something in your post, sorry ! <3 those rules  :D

I also dislike to discard 30 cards after a loose but if we need to shroten the war I got your point.

The rest is very good !
TEAM
:deathbig
War Se7en

Offline majofaTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 90
  • majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Forum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersWar #8 - Sportsmanship AwardForum Brawl #4 WinnerROCK-PAPER-SCISSORS-LIZARD-SPOCK Bazinger2012 - PvP World ChampionSapphire Shard of PvP Events6th Trials - Master of WaterCard Idea Decks - Space CreaturesBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksWinner of 12 Lives - PvP Event #2Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerPvP Player of the Year - 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Raise the Stakes PvP Event #14th Trials - Master of LightWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #3 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerVictor of the 1st Card Design War24 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWinner of Team PvP #3Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of 12 Lives PvP Event #1Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: War #5 (proposed rules) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37403.msg470008#msg470008
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 05:50:11 am »
There are many options to reduce the sting of discarding 30 cards.

Offline The_Mormegil

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • Intelligence is overrated.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #5 Winner - Team AetherTeam PvP WinnerNew Slot Winner - FamiliarDeadly Sin Winner - GluttonyFirst Budosei of BudokanWinner of Revive the Archive
Re: War #5 (proposed rules) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37403.msg470021#msg470021
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2012, 07:36:42 am »
In general, I like it. I'll provide further feedback when I have more time.
[18:21:43] jmdt: elements is just math over top of a GUI
Kakerlake: I believe that there is no God as in something that can think by itself and does stuff that sounds way OP.

Offline Jenkar

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Heart's made of shadows
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeChampionship League 2/2013 WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake6th Trials - Master of AirWinner of Revive the Archive 2!Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeBeginners League 1/2012 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner5th Trials - Master of AirAvatar of Patience - Winner of the 7 Heavenly Virtues Deck CompetitionBeginners League 3/2011 3rd PlaceC-C-C-Combo Maker Winner!
Re: War #5 (proposed rules) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37403.msg470028#msg470028
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2012, 08:46:22 am »
Part 4, i love. The rest, not so much. I don't feel that the rest adds (or detracts) enough from the event to be added. The only exception is the addition of a sideboard for all players, which i dislike.
The madness is in each of us. Close your eyes, sing, and open your webbed wings to the silent winds.
Beautiful art : http://i.imgur.com/eUhyYCC.png

Offline dragonsdemesne

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Leeeeeeeeeeroyyyyyyyyy....
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2013 WinnerBattle League 1/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2012 3rd Place
Re: War #5 (proposed rules) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37403.msg470032#msg470032
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2012, 09:25:26 am »
Part 6: I'd recommend changing the tiers so that the last one is higher than 30.  In war 4, we had the problem that at the end, everyone knew what single deck everyone else had left by the end.  If you used the same sort of tiering except that you were eliminated if you had under than, say 100 cards, but maybe started with more, like 500, this would not be an issue.

Part 7: This I think does not weight the earlier rounds enough, and with bigger vaults, there are more strategic decisions to be made, yet those are the rounds worth the least.  If people like having the earlier rounds worth less, I'd rather see something like rounds 1-3: discard 18, rounds 4-6 discard 24, rounds 7+ discard 30.

Everything else I like, especially part 4.

Offline TheonlyrealBeef

• Master of Darkness
  • Reputation Power: 61
  • TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Do not underestimate the power of the dark side!
  • Awards: War #14 Winner - Team Aether14th Trials - Master of Darkness2019 - PvP World ChampionSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWar #13 Winner - Team Darkness13th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner4th Grandmaster Battle Winner - DarknessGold DonorSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team DarknessWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake2017 - PvP World ChampionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2016 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PvP #4 Winner5th Trials - Master of Darkness4th Trials - Master of Darkness3rd Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerMS Paint Card Art #2 Winner
Re: War #5 (proposed rules) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37403.msg470052#msg470052
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2012, 12:07:03 pm »
    just 400?I consider getting players inside the team other than the general her/himself rather bad. If said Lieutenant wants to get on said team that badly, win trials or pay up to the full 24 cards. I never really understood this suggestion, might as well draft the entire team if you want it that way :slooks fine especially when combined with card amount of 1.not bad per se, at least not on itself (see 7.)I assume this sideboard is on top of the usual sideboard? lots of complication for little gain imo, then again, I've never been leading a war :ppoor player #8 isn't even worth a single card, might as well make it 7wasn't there this whole discussion on not losing > winning? raising discard to up to 33 will enhance, not reduce this effect. I'm rather mindblown. The only way you'll fix this is by letting a win give at least as much salvage as a loss induces discarding, possibly including a set discarding regardless, to still slim down the vault.

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost online
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: War #5 (proposed rules) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37403.msg470060#msg470060
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2012, 12:43:13 pm »
Basic thoughts about the OP only:

2) I'm not sure about the idea of each general picking their lieutenant. It does have both pros and cons though. I do like the 1+x elements rule for minimum bid, though the number of elements should be capped, to maybe 6.

4) I really like these for the most part. Scout seems like it could be difficult to manage, while Assassin has the problem mentioned of raising discard to the point of playing not to lose, but the rest would be great.

5) I also rather like the ideas of only sorting elements, which would pair well with the varied bonuses for each member role and add more overall strategy. I also like the idea of a small sideboard for winning teams.
discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

Offline The_Mormegil

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • Intelligence is overrated.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #5 Winner - Team AetherTeam PvP WinnerNew Slot Winner - FamiliarDeadly Sin Winner - GluttonyFirst Budosei of BudokanWinner of Revive the Archive
Re: War #5 (proposed rules) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37403.msg470073#msg470073
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2012, 02:06:12 pm »
Quote from: majofa link=topic=http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37403.msg501765#msg501765 date=1331527969
(Part 1) General Information
12 Masters = 12 Generals
400 blank cards are given to each
400 cards is very few. I'd like to see more cards in the starting Vault. I know War must not be too long, but having few cards means few decks means few variety and predictability is bad. I'd go for a higher amount of cards. To compensate for this, add the following rule:
"Every time a team loses all duels in a given round, they are eliminated from the event."

(Part 2) Auction
Before the auction, each General may recruit one Lieutenant of their choosing. This player will join their team at no cost. (Recruit means the player would have to accept the invitation to be the Lieutenant.)

- Auction House -
Players who want to join War will each start their own War application topic where they include important information about themselves like their score and the number of rare cards they have.
In the Title, the player will include any elements they wishes to ban; the starting bid of this player will be 1+x, where 'x' is the number of elements banned.
Generals may not bid on any player that has banned their element.

The rest of the Auction House will remain the same as in the last War.
Not much to say here. I like 1+x, Lieutenant not so much but eh.

(Part 3) Vault Building
Vault building rules:
- at least 50% of cards have to be from your element
- maximum of 18 per card from your element (restriction doesn't apply to Pillars or Pendulums)
- maximum of 6 per card from other elements (restriction doesn't apply to Pillars or Pendulums)
- no Shards
This incentivates having cards of your element rather than cards of other elements. However, it is an unfair advantage to Entropy and Fire due to Nova and Immolation.

(Part 4) Member Roles
General - 6 extra upped cards
Lieutenant - 3 extra upped cards
Strategist - May use a sideboard of up to 6 cards
Mercenary - 33% on-element rule
Scavenger - Salvages 3 extra cards after a win
Bulwark - Discards 3 less cards after a loss
Scout - Sees opponent's deck before match
Assassin - Your opponent discards 3 additional cards if you win
I like it.

(Part 5) Round Matches
Opponents will be determined randomly by Warmasters using an online randomizer, with the constraint that no team will play another team more than once within a given round if possible. [[Only Generals will be included, the rest of the spots will be filled with the elements only.]]

In the google doc, each team will input which player will be fighting which element.

If there are uneven number of players fighting during a round the lowest ranked team that can field more than one deck gets a bye, meaning that one player in that team will skip the round. If that team already had a bye during the previous round, the next lowest ranked team gets a bye instead. No team may have a 2nd bye unless all other active teams have had at least 1 bye.
This is cool. I like it very much.

Sideboards
If you are to play an opponent with fewer players in battle in a given round, you may choose to include a sideboard of cards along with the deck. Your sideboard can contain 2 cards if your team has one more player in battle, plus 1 for each additional player in battle, up to a total of 6 cards. If you lose the match you can chose to discard from your sideboard instead of your deck, but your opponent can NOT salvage from your sideboard.
This... not so much. I'd go for something like:
"Whenever you win a match, you can name two cards and learn in secret the amount of cards with that name in your opponent's Vault".
This rewards winning in a more interesting way.

(Part 6) Decks Played

8286+46+
7246-28536-75
6206-24526-65
5166-20516-55
4131-16511-45
397-1307-40
264-964-36
130-630-33
(Part 6.5) Deckbuilding and Conversion
Deckbuilding rules:
- Any mark
- At least 50% of your cards have to be from your element
- All players may use up to 3 upgraded cards (unupgraded cards taken from the Vault are transformed into upgraded ones)
- You cannot change your deck until the round is over
- Player Roles may override some of these rules.

Teams can convert a maximum of 24 cards per round.

(Part 7) Discarding & Salvaging
ROUND 1: discard 6
ROUND 2: discard 12
ROUND 3: discard 18
ROUND 4: discard 24
ROUND 5+: discard 30

Teams may salvage 6 cards from each deck they defeat.
This seems pretty much normal to me... If we go for a higher starting Vault + "lose all and you're out", though, we might tune the numbers so that they are spread some more, and you start playing fewer decks with many more cards.
[18:21:43] jmdt: elements is just math over top of a GUI
Kakerlake: I believe that there is no God as in something that can think by itself and does stuff that sounds way OP.

Offline deuce22

• Master of Aether
  • Reputation Power: 44
  • deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • never trust a badger
  • Awards: War #14 Winner - Team Aether14th Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament Winner11th Trials - Master of Aether10th Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of Aether2014 - PvP World ChampionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner8th Trials - Master of AetherWinner of Team PvP #6War #7 Winner - Team Aether7th Trials - Master of AetherWar #6 Winner - Team AetherWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #5 Winner - Team AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner5th Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: War #5 (proposed rules) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37403.msg470198#msg470198
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2012, 11:09:52 pm »
Part 1 = 400 cards
shorter war sounds good to me. While some may complain about decreased variety in decks, I say look at Part 3.

Part 2 = free Lt + ban 1+x
100% approve. Free Lt means larger starting vault plus the Lt of your choice. Ban 1+x has the capability of guaranteeing the element of your choice for a cost of 12, which is much needed imo.

Part 3 = more vault restrictions
I LOVE this new rule. This is drastically going to change war in a good way. People who have been clamoring for deck variety finally get their wish. And I bet a lot of people will complain about this, but I think this is exactly what war needs.

Part 4 = new member roles
I like the concept of this, but I feel that the current suggestion needs to be balanced. For the roles that affect gameplay, it should be very minimal to the point that it allows that extra 1 or 2 cards to give you a better chance but not be OP. My main concern with all these new roles is that an OP role could  Here are some suggestions for balancing
Gen and Lt can stay the same
Strategist - sideboard of 2 (or 3) instead of 6 - makes it not OP, but potentially gamechanging
Mercenary - 45% (or 43.3% or [50% - 2]) instead of 33% on-element rule - 33% is a bit overkill. 45% allows that 1 extra off-element card that could change the game. 43.3% allows 2 extra off-element. Obviously, the effect of % becomes much larger in stalls, which makes me wonder if a hard limit of only 2 less than 50% can be used.
Scavenger - looks good
Bulwark - looks good
Scout - Sees opponent's mark instead of deck before match - knowing exactly what is in your opponent's deck is going to drastically change your gameplay for at least the first 2 matches. Seeing the mark beforehand might be too underpowered, but it would allow you to focus your testing during the duel phase before your match. Another idea is to see some sort of stat about the deck. For instance, the scout could be given information regarding the # of creatures, pills/pends, spells, etc. in his opponents deck To make it more balanced, it would be a good idea for each scout to get the same type of info each round.
Assassin - looks good

Part 5 = nonGens are assigned opponents by Gens, new sideboard rule

I'm iffy on the assigning of opponents, but this does add more strategy given the new member roles, so I am ok with it. As for the sideboard rule, this helps to address the disadvantage top teams get late in war, which I like. But it might need more balancing, so I will have to think about it some more.

Part 6 = new vault ranges
works for me.

Part 6.5 = same deckbuilding and conversion rules?
I would like to suggest the ability to convert cards to any in-element card given the vault restrictions. Maybe this can be limited to 6 non-pill/pend per round. Also, you cannot convert it if there is already 18 copies of that in-element card. Note that salvaging is not limited by the 18-card in-element rule.

Part 7 = Discard/salvaging goes back to old rules.
This essentially brings up the same problems in war 3. Round 1 is basically a useless round since there is very little movement in rankings (unless round 1 is similar to last war in that only 2 players from each team play). I would be ok with starting at 12-card discards round 1, then progressing to a max of 24-card discards. Discarding full decks could absolutely decimate teams in a single round, especially with the new vault restrictions.

Offline CCCombobreaker

• Reputation Power: 16
  • CCCombobreaker is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.CCCombobreaker is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.CCCombobreaker is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Sometimes still here...
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerScreenshot #3 Competition WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: War #5 (proposed rules) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37403.msg470201#msg470201
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2012, 11:51:58 pm »
may comment more later but...

limit 6 per off element card in the starting vault is rough.  It makes it nearly impossible to bring 2 of the same deck (or even similar decks) at the start of war.  - Although this is offset by the kind discard rules early in war... still would like to see it go to 12.

Really like this.  That event card was great last war and this is a good blend of it and the usefulness of the new roles.  Will all of the matches be posted at the same time?  I can definitely see some teams wanting certain role matchups so if people just sign up as you go it will probably lead to a lot of crunches right at the deadline.

Are there any changes that address subbing players "for free" after the discards hit 30 in round 5??
Deckbuilding mad scientist.  Come by and hang out in my stream!

anything
blarg: majofa,TStar,Jaymanfu