*Author

Offline moomooseTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 37
  • moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • I'm big in Japan.
  • Awards: Winner of the Mark Redesign competition!
Darkwing | Nightwing https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36574.msg459100#msg459100
« on: February 12, 2012, 12:52:30 am »
NAME:
Darkwing
ELEMENT:
Air
COST:
3 :air
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
2 | 3
TEXT:
:darkness :darkness : Darkflight
Absorb 50% of the attack power of the target creature
NAME:
Nightwing
ELEMENT:
Air
COST:
3 :air
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
2 | 3
TEXT:
:darkness : Darkflight
Absorb 50% of the attack power of the target creature
ART:
hawanja http://freakmutantmonster.blogspot.com/2012/02/tourrshanax.html
IDEA:
moomoose
NOTES:
similar to lycanthropy this is a one time use ability to increase the creatures attack power. however, this depends on the target creature's attack and negatively effects that creature's attack power simultaneously.

an example: darkwing targets a lava golem with 5 attack, 2.5 attack rounds to 3, the lava golem's attack is reduced to 2, the darkwing increases its attack to 5.

it may be a tad weak as is, but i just wanted to get the mechanic out there.
SERIES:
moose dont say moo.

Offline OdinVanguard

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Keeping The Jotnar at bay
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Darkwing | Nightwing https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36574.msg459201#msg459201
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 07:01:11 am »
I dont think its UP. If it can absorb the attack power of enemy creatures it should be plenty powerful. Consider what it will do to a deck that uses crimson dragons, for instance. Combined with rage potions it could be very potent. Also consider its use with dive and sky blitz combos. I kind of like it though.
Whether the glass is half full or half empty is a moot point. It is always filled to the brim. It is only a matter of by what. The real question is: What fills you?
If your zombie plan is
kill -9 `ps l | awk '{print $2" "$3" "$9}' | grep "Z" | awk '{printf("%s ",$2)}'`
You might be a unix junky

• Legendary Member
  • moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • I'm big in Japan.
Re: Darkwing | Nightwing https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36574.msg459301#msg459301
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 02:59:10 pm »
the issue being that dragons, and other large atk creatures, generally take a while to set up, limiting the offensive output of this card until they do, and in the case of creatures with growing abilities, you still have to take plenty of strong hits in order to wait long enough for it to be worth using this skill.  that's why i went with the lower cost model of the card, but raising the cost/atk a few points may not be a bad way to go, either.
moose dont say moo.

• Legendary Member
  • I'm big in Japan.
Re: Darkwing | Nightwing https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36574.msg471913#msg471913
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2012, 04:59:35 am »
honestly am a tad surprised at the lack of interest in this card, is it the art, the low cost and low base attack, or does the ability of reducing an enemy's attack and increasing your own not come off as impressive?
moose dont say moo.

Offline Annele

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • Annele is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Annele is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Annele is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Annele is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Annele is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Annele is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • i should really update my profile
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeC-C-C Combomaker 3# WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Darkwing | Nightwing https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36574.msg485264#msg485264
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2012, 04:14:08 am »
honestly am a tad surprised at the lack of interest in this card, is it the art, the low cost and low base attack, or does the ability of reducing an enemy's attack and increasing your own not come off as impressive?

I dunno... some people don't reply if they can't find a way to improve it.
I think it's a really cool card, though I'd stick "permanently" in the text like on lyncan to indicate it can only be used once.
Beware the Darkness.

• Legendary Member
  • I'm big in Japan.
Re: Darkwing | Nightwing https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36574.msg485968#msg485968
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2012, 02:08:00 pm »
that may help explain it.  but thinking about it, "permanently" is an odd way to say "can only be used once", does a lava golem only "temporarily" gain +2|+2, then?  I think the game could use better notation than the word "permanently", it doesn't feel like the most sensible manner to note the constriction.
moose dont say moo.

Offline Annele

• Legendary Member
  • Annele is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Annele is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Annele is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Annele is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Annele is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Annele is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeC-C-C Combomaker 3# WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Darkwing | Nightwing https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36574.msg486096#msg486096
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2012, 08:51:43 pm »
that may help explain it.  but thinking about it, "permanently" is an odd way to say "can only be used once", does a lava golem only "temporarily" gain +2|+2, then?  I think the game could use better notation than the word "permanently", it doesn't feel like the most sensible manner to note the constriction.

You're right I guess...
Though the card text still needs to say that can only be used once imo.
Beware the Darkness.

Offline whatifidogetcaught?

• Reputation Power: 28
  • whatifidogetcaught? is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.whatifidogetcaught? is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.whatifidogetcaught? is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.whatifidogetcaught? is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.whatifidogetcaught? is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Fattest skinny guy you know.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Darkwing | Nightwing https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36574.msg486098#msg486098
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2012, 08:56:53 pm »
Hey, this card is pretty neat. If only Otyughs did that when they ate stuff.
A tout le monde, a tout mes amis, je vous aime, je dois partir.

Proud servant of Team :time in War 6.

Offline eaglgenes101

• Reputation Power: 29
  • eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • The rising all-'rounder of Elements
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Darkwing | Nightwing https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36574.msg486963#msg486963
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2012, 03:29:00 am »
Is it just me, or are the unupped and upped cards identical?
My 3 game-modification principles:
1. If it ain't broke, don't wreck it.
2. Simple fixes for simple problems.
3. Remember to fill in the holes.

Offline Annele

• Legendary Member
Re: Darkwing | Nightwing https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36574.msg486977#msg486977
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2012, 03:42:19 am »
Darkflight costs 1 less for upped.
Beware the Darkness.

anything
blarg: