*Author

Offline PineappleTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Pineapple hides under a Cloak.
  • Master of Cake
  • Awards: Silver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Spell Breaker | Spell Breaker https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36550.msg458899#msg458899
« on: February 11, 2012, 02:58:52 pm »
NAME:
Spell Breaker
ELEMENT:
Time
COST:
3 :time
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
1 | 1
TEXT:
For the first spell each turn:
Negate, refund, and shuffle it into the deck; both players draw 1 card.
NAME:
Spell Breaker
ELEMENT:
Time
COST:
2 :time
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
1 | 1
TEXT:
For the first spell each turn:
Negate, refund, and shuffle it into the deck; both players draw 1 card.

ART:
patchx94, Stock Photo: http://www.sxc.hu/photo/1224442
IDEA:
patchx94
NOTES:
V2: negate spell, refund cost, shuffle spell into deck
V1: negate spell (spell destroyed)

The ability activates during the first spell each turn (opponent's included).
The player still has to pay the quanta for a spell that is negated.The player will now be refunded the quanta for the spell that is negated.
A copy of the spell card is now shuffled back into its caster's deck.
If either player's hand is full, they will be unable to draw a card, but the spell will still be negated.
The effect stacks. This means not only that all Spell Breakers on the field will activate their ability at once, forcing each player to draw cards equal to the total number (as their hand space allows) of Spell Breakers, but also that only 1 spell can be negated, per turn, by Spell Breakers, regardless of the amount. Even with multiple Spell Breakers on the field, only 1 copy of the spell will be shuffled into the deck of the player who casted the spell.
SERIES:
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 07:02:42 pm by Pineapple »

Offline artimies7

• Reputation Power: 24
  • artimies7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.artimies7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.artimies7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.artimies7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Effectively Super
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Spell Breaker | Spell Breaker https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36550.msg459034#msg459034
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 07:56:25 pm »
Being a creature seems a bit odd thematically, but I suppose it works. I'd suggest Permanent.
Donuts, Noodles, or Bacon?
Whitewalleries! | Noodles, to Victory!

• Legendary Member
  • Master of Cake
  • Awards: Silver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Spell Breaker | Spell Breaker https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36550.msg459035#msg459035
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2012, 07:59:41 pm »
Being a creature seems a bit odd thematically, but I suppose it works. I'd suggest Permanent.
Too little creature/permanent abilities that can destroy permanents.

Re: Spell Breaker | Spell Breaker https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36550.msg459039#msg459039
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2012, 08:08:08 pm »
I suppose making it's attack 0 and upping it's defense maybe to around 15 ( survivability ), this could work in getting your opponent to deck out.

• Legendary Member
  • Master of Cake
Re: Spell Breaker | Spell Breaker https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36550.msg459051#msg459051
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2012, 08:45:07 pm »
I suppose making it's attack 0 and upping it's defense maybe to around 15 ( survivability ), this could work in getting your opponent to deck out.

Yup, and that's why it has 1 health. ::)

• Legendary Member
  • Master of Cake
Re: Spell Breaker | Spell Breaker https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36550.msg459052#msg459052
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2012, 08:48:32 pm »
Edited Notes.

Offline artimies7

• Reputation Power: 24
  • artimies7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.artimies7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.artimies7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.artimies7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Effectively Super
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Spell Breaker | Spell Breaker https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36550.msg459116#msg459116
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2012, 02:10:27 am »
Who said anything about destroying permanents? I think it should be a permanent.

I mean, a creature named 'Spell Breaker' just seems a bit odd to me.
Donuts, Noodles, or Bacon?
Whitewalleries! | Noodles, to Victory!

• Legendary Member
  • Master of Cake
Re: Spell Breaker | Spell Breaker https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36550.msg459162#msg459162
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2012, 04:27:19 am »
Who said anything about destroying permanents? I think it should be a permanent.

A permanent that negates spells would be completely overpowered because there would be no way to destroy it without Pulverizer. (Timed permanents are stupid and overdone.)

Geometry Teacher is one who teaches geometry. Marble Sculptor is one who sculpts marble. Tower Builder is one who builds towers.
Spell Breaker is one who breaks spells.

Offline Naesala

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 15th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Spell Breaker | Spell Breaker https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36550.msg459173#msg459173
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2012, 05:03:10 am »

A permanent that negates spells would be completely overpowered because there would be no way to destroy it without Pulverizer. (Timed permanents are stupid and overdone.)

Geometry Teacher is one who teaches geometry. Marble Sculptor is one who sculpts marble. Tower Builder is one who builds towers.
Spell Breaker is one who breaks spells.
Thematically I think its fine. Though as a permanent, it would just take 2 of a deflag or steal to destroy it, as is written now.
Your favorite Hotyugh

Offline OdinVanguard

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Keeping The Jotnar at bay
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Spell Breaker | Spell Breaker https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36550.msg459203#msg459203
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2012, 07:09:00 am »
I like the idea, but it may be tricky to implement since a player cant take any actions on anothers turn due to the current turn mechanics. It could still be doable though.
If it is an auto-trigger, i.e. goes off as soon as the opponent casts a spell, it might work out. This would essentially force the opponent throw away a spell before they can cast useful ones.
Whether the glass is half full or half empty is a moot point. It is always filled to the brim. It is only a matter of by what. The real question is: What fills you?
If your zombie plan is
kill -9 `ps l | awk '{print $2" "$3" "$9}' | grep "Z" | awk '{printf("%s ",$2)}'`
You might be a unix junky

• Legendary Member
  • Master of Cake
Re: Spell Breaker | Spell Breaker https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36550.msg459234#msg459234
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2012, 09:51:31 am »
I like the idea, but it may be tricky to implement since a player cant take any actions on anothers turn due to the current turn mechanics. It could still be doable though.
If it is an auto-trigger, i.e. goes off as soon as the opponent casts a spell, it might work out. This would essentially force the opponent throw away a spell before they can cast useful ones.
"The ability activates on the first spell of each turn", so yes, it is an auto-trigger.

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Spell Breaker | Spell Breaker https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36550.msg459277#msg459277
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2012, 01:31:03 pm »

Q: What is the term for a being that mines
A: A Miner
Q: What is the term for a being that breaks spells?
A: A Spell Breaker
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

anything
blarg: