*Author

Offline AbsolTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Consectetur Adipiscing Elit
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
The Railgun [AI3] [PVP] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36391.msg457495#msg457495
« on: February 07, 2012, 08:23:03 am »
Velocitas Eradico - US Navy on railgun experiment.

Main Build:
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 74i 74i 74i 74i 77a 77a 7an 7an 7h2 7ju 7q5 7q5 7tg 7tg 7tg 7tg 80h 80h 8pj

From simple testing, ttw seems around 8.

The combo:
Railgun = Doll + Overdrive - normal combo
Super Railgun = Doll + Overdrive + Epinephrine - fast but may need healing testing shows that either you or your opponent die first before the railguns. Except against heavy stall.
Aether Railgun = Doll + Overdrive + Quint - slow but unstoppable
Crazy Railgun = Doll + Overdrive + Ephinephrine + Quint - fast, unstoppable. Except on its own.

Short Railgun = Steel Golem + Overdrive - powerful from the start, may die too early. Not much benefit from Epineprine.
Blast Gun = Steam Machine (used steam several times) + Overdrive (the steam active skill gone = no attack reduction) - no cons here. Still not much benefit from Epinephrine.
The Archangel is there for healing and for railgun fodder, in case of emergency. Hourglass to speed things, because this is a big card combo.

Pros:
Strong against CC
Have only 2 permanents

Cons:
BH, as is rainbow in general
No PC, trouble against mono aether
CC is limited (4) and is mainly used for offense
Reverse Time, Mutation are railgun breaker

Possible mods:
6u8 71b 7ak 7dr 7gp 7k1 7n5 7n8 80b 8pj
-glass +BE for PC. Deflag out because Steam Machine, Pulvy out because Overdrive, Steal out because dolls. Besides, the BE'd creatures are sturdy against CC.
-glass +Wings for stall (or -Overdrive -Doll +2 Wings). Though, if you face airborne creatures, you can't do anything to ground them.
-angel +Morning Glory for a bit of speed. Probably not that helpful.
-glass +EE for CC (or -Overdrive -Doll +EE +Bone Wall). Combine this with BE for more control. But one Deflag or Steal and it's gone.
-2 epi -angel +Jade Shield +Morning Glory +BE. Dunno why, seems good. Build-in PA is always good, though the combo becomes slower by 3-4 turns.
-Overdrive -doll +2 Ragepots for CC or other way to jumpstart the combo. Also -Steam Machine +permafrost for shield. (or -Steam Machine -angel +Bone Wall +EE, not guaranteed though)
-2 Quint +TU +BE more damage and added PC.

Railgun Mk. II - Velocitas Extra Eradico [/gratuitous]
6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u8 74i 74i 74i 77a 77a 7an 7an 7h2 7k1 7n8 7n8 7q5 7q5 7tg 7tg 7tg 80b 8pj

More control and versatility, at the cost of speed. The combo is basically the same, though with less card for combo.
Dual Barrel = Railgun (or Blast Gun) + TU - obviously more damage. Quint is there to protect against CC, but is not that needed because of the massive HP anyway.
BE for PC. Still no CC because Steam Machine. I tried to fit Ragepot there, but the railguns die earlier.

Feedback and comments are appreciated, as usual. Doesn't work in Arena, as this is mostly rush without any kind of control. Pick other deck for Arena. It does now if modded accordingly. Many options, you can pick which build to go.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 09:23:21 pm by Kuroaitou »
"Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit."
"There is no one who loves pain itself, who seeks after it and wants to have it, simply because it is pain."

Offline Vineroz

• Chat Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Vineroz is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Vineroz is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Vineroz is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Vineroz is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Vineroz is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Awards: Deckbuilding Competition - Simulated ViolenceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: The Railgun [AI3] [PVP] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36391.msg457504#msg457504
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 10:00:56 am »
It can kill AI3 quite fast but not Arena. I tested a few games on Silver, the combo is too slow for anything with >100HP. Also easily got rushed.
TIME is around us. It flows silently, trying to take everything away from us.
PvP Tournament Organizer (2012 Sep - 2013 Oct, 2016 Nov - 2017 Aug) | Chat Mod (2016 Nov - )  :time

Offline Mathematistic

• Reputation Power: 11
  • Mathematistic is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Mathematistic is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Games are never too easy.
Re: The Railgun [AI3] [PVP] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36391.msg457536#msg457536
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 01:31:36 pm »
The deck probably needs some PC.
Also some defence should be better than pure rush.
Permafrost and Rage Elixir are good choices.
Also, use some of the unused elements...
PVE shouldn't be all about copying a deck code and converting time into electrum, score, and potentially rares.
If the only way to derive fun from a game is its PVP content, then non-hardcore players a.k.a. the mass are alienated from the hardcore community.

• Legendary Member
  • Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: The Railgun [AI3] [PVP] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36391.msg457549#msg457549
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 02:44:47 pm »
In the initial build, the unused elements are :entropy, :death, and :air. I've listed possible mods to fit them, but it seems no :death card could fit.
"Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit."
"There is no one who loves pain itself, who seeks after it and wants to have it, simply because it is pain."

Offline Mathematistic

• Mathematistic is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Mathematistic is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
Re: The Railgun [AI3] [PVP] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36391.msg457553#msg457553
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2012, 02:50:53 pm »
In the initial build, the unused elements are :entropy, :death, and :air. I've listed possible mods to fit them, but it seems no :death card could fit.
Plague may work, and it makes epinephrine a multi-purpose card that can speed of the demise of an opponent creature. Also adds more CC, which is never bad.
If you wish to shift towards CC, bone wall may help with the stall power. Graveyards are mediocre but still acceptable for CC decks.
Arsenic never fails in rainbow decks. Never. Unless you have a weapon that serves a greater purpose (e.g. pulvy for PC, Discord for denial), Arsenic/Vampire Dagger is generally used. For that you've used 8 :darkness and no :death it might be a good damage source.
PVE shouldn't be all about copying a deck code and converting time into electrum, score, and potentially rares.
If the only way to derive fun from a game is its PVP content, then non-hardcore players a.k.a. the mass are alienated from the hardcore community.

Offline rickerd

• rickerd is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.rickerd is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Close to lvl 70
Re: The Railgun [AI3] [PVP] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36391.msg457557#msg457557
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2012, 02:58:49 pm »
Super Railgun = Doll + Overdrive + Epinephrine - fast but may need healing no healing needed (since epi works till the creature has 15 attk and doll has 20hp)

Have only 2 permanents honestly it has 8 permanents  :-X

No PC, trouble against mono aether you don't use fire, use some explosions
Reverse Time is a railgun breaker that won't be a real problem with quint
that's enough talking for me
If you're weak, then run, but toward your enemy

• Legendary Member
Re: The Railgun [AI3] [PVP] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36391.msg457560#msg457560
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2012, 03:06:54 pm »
Super Railgun = Doll + Overdrive + Epinephrine - fast but may need healing no healing needed (since epi works till the creature has 15 attk and doll has 20hp) good point. Maybe we don't need angel since i haven't even face a railgun dying.

Have only 2 permanents honestly it has 8 permanents  :-X counting pillars.

No PC, trouble against mono aether you don't use fire, use some explosions Steam Machine uses :fire, for PC maybe use BE
Reverse Time is a railgun breaker that won't be a real problem with quint which is only 2 in the deck. Maybe work maybe not. Either way, good point.
that's enough talking for me
Me too. Thanks for the suggestion.

Plague may work, and it makes epinephrine a multi-purpose card that can speed of the demise of an opponent creature. Also adds more CC, which is never bad.
If you wish to shift towards CC, bone wall may help with the stall power. Graveyards are mediocre but still acceptable for CC decks.
Arsenic never fails in rainbow decks. Never. Unless you have a weapon that serves a greater purpose (e.g. pulvy for PC, Discord for denial), Arsenic/Vampire Dagger is generally used. For that you've used 8 :darkness and no :death it might be a good damage source.
The :death cards you mention are too slow to make a difference. Plague may work, but if this deck has more stall. With only 2 ephs, you may want the combo ASAP.
Bone Wall might work, combined with EE. Added to mod list. Arsenic is too slow, the guns (God i love writing "railgun") usually do better at increasing damage.
Thanks again.

Offline Poker Alho

• Reputation Power: 18
  • Poker Alho is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Poker Alho is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Poker Alho is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • flips are overrated
Re: The Railgun [AI3] [PVP] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36391.msg457570#msg457570
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2012, 03:37:32 pm »
i would change those quints for twin universes for an almost-OTK with a massive doll

Offline Poker Alho

• Poker Alho is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Poker Alho is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Poker Alho is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • flips are overrated
Re: The Railgun [AI3] [PVP] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36391.msg457575#msg457575
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2012, 04:00:42 pm »
i actually made a deck using your idea of overdriving dolls but modified it quite a bit in order to fit me better

here it is:
6u5 6u5 6u8 6u8 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 74f 74f 74f 74f 74i 74i 74i 74i 75m 75m 75m 75m 7tg 7tg 7tg 7tg 7tg 7tg 7um 7um 7um 7um 8pl

its not a raimbow, unlike your deck, i made it a trio to become easier to deploy your main strategy faster

the biggest problem with this deck is probably the quanta production but its a trio, so quanta is always an issue with them lol

i decided to take a turn to a more denial-based deck along the dolls and overdrive because i think that in order to your dolls grow enough and kill your oponnent without trouble you always need a good amount of turns to let them get strong enough

if i could i would put another discord in there to make it more consistent, probably taking out a BE

when you lock your opponent, its an easy win with your dolls

EDIT: sorry for the double post, wont happen again ><

Offline Mathematistic

Re: The Railgun [AI3] [PVP] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36391.msg457577#msg457577
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2012, 04:05:21 pm »
i actually made a deck using your idea of overdriving dolls but modified it quite a bit in order to fit me better

here it is:
6u5 6u5 6u8 6u8 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 74f 74f 74f 74f 74i 74i 74i 74i 75m 75m 75m 75m 7tg 7tg 7tg 7tg 7tg 7tg 7um 7um 7um 7um 8pl

its not a raimbow, unlike your deck, i made it a trio to become easier to deploy your main strategy faster

the biggest problem with this deck is probably the quanta production but its a trio, so quanta is always an issue with them lol

i decided to take a turn to a more denial-based deck along the dolls and overdrive because i think that in order to your dolls grow enough and kill your oponnent without trouble you always need a good amount of turns to let them get strong enough

if i could i would put another discord in there to make it more consistent, probably taking out a BE

when you lock your opponent, its an easy win with your dolls

EDIT: sorry for the double post, wont happen again ><
I would suggest something like this:
6ts 6ts 6ts 6ts 6ts 6u5 6u5 6u8 6u8 744 744 744 744 744 744 744 74f 74f 74f 74f 74i 74i 74i 74i 7tg 7tg 7tg 7tg 7tg 7tg 8pt

Just different mode of quanta generation, but should be a bit better.
Well, I doubt that whether the BEs will be of any use, though...

Offline Poker Alho

• flips are overrated
Re: The Railgun [AI3] [PVP] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36391.msg457579#msg457579
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2012, 04:06:21 pm »
youre right i took out those and put steals instead

EDIT: after some changes, including what mathematistic said (you are right, the quanta generation is more stable that way) this is what i made:

6ts 6ts 6ts 6ts 6ts 6u5 6u5 6u5 6u9 6u9 744 744 744 744 744 744 744 74f 74f 74f 74f 74f 74i 74i 74i 74i 7tg 7tg 7tg 7tg 8pt

reduced number of dolls because you really just need one doll overdrived in order to win
more denial=more turns for your dolls and some healing too
some CC just in case some creatures slip past your denial

Offline Mathematistic

Re: The Railgun [AI3] [PVP] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36391.msg457581#msg457581
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2012, 04:16:15 pm »
youre right i took out those and put steals instead
Right, for steals, :darkness mark with pends is better.

anything
blarg: Absol,Poker Alho,Mathematistic