*Author

Offline RutareteTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Giant Ant | Giant Ant https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36251.msg455838#msg455838
« on: February 02, 2012, 03:31:23 am »
NAME:
Giant Ant
ELEMENT:
Life
COST:
5 :life
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
+ | +
TEXT:
Summon a Giant Ant.
NAME:
Giant Ant
ELEMENT:
Life
COST:
5 :life
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
+ | +
TEXT:
Summon a Giant Ant.
ART:
EmeraldTiger
IDEA:
Rutarete
NOTES:
This is the original art. The sections below were modified by me.
Each part summoned is its own target.
If you Fractal any of the below sections, you get the summoning card ^.
I'm unsure as to how exactly Mitosis should affect this card.
Reverse Time rewinds the parts separately, and when played part attempts to join w/other parts. If there isn't a third space, then the casting fails. Also note that the parts must be in order. It will not be placed as head-abdomen-legs or something as out-of-order.
If you kill the abdomen, it will still survive. The same for the legs.
The mechanic of this card is that it takes up more than one slot on the field. The 'Giant' part comes not from stats, like Massive Dragon, but from the mechanic.
Looking at the below map, I'll explain how it would be placed.

It can be placed in any position demonstrated by slots 4-1-5, 7-20-13, and 7-8-3, so that you don't get parts split up all over the field. According to Xenodicius, this would take a very complex algorithm to code properly, but it can be done.
SERIES:

NAME:
Head
ELEMENT:
Life
COST:
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
2 | 4
TEXT:
:life :life Consume: Devour a creature to regrow legs.
NAME:
Head
ELEMENT:
Life
COST:
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
2 | 4
TEXT:
:life Consume: Devour a creature to regrow legs.
ART:
EmeraldTiger
IDEA:
Rutarete
NOTES:
The first part of the ant.
SERIES:

NAME:
Legs
ELEMENT:
Life
COST:
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
2 | 2
TEXT:
If the legs are killed, Giant Ant cannot attack.
NAME:
Legs
ELEMENT:
Life
COST:
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
2 | 2
TEXT:
If the legs are killed, Giant Ant cannot attack.
ART:
EmeraldTiger
IDEA:
Rutarete
NOTES:
The second part of the ant.
SERIES:

NAME:
Abdomen
ELEMENT:
Life
COST:
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
4 | 4
TEXT:
NAME:
Abdomen
ELEMENT:
Life
COST:
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
5 | 5
TEXT:
ART:
EmeraldTiger
IDEA:
Rutarete
NOTES:
The third part of the ant, as well as the main bulk.
SERIES:
Lastly, here's what it would look like if all the images were together (disregard the bad editing)
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

Offline Drake_XIV

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 91
  • Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Powerful Harmony
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSummer and Winter Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Giant Ant | Giant Ant https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36251.msg455853#msg455853
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 04:05:30 am »
So any RTd part is 0 cost?

Also, for Mitosis, what if it were to just create another Giant Ant at 15 :life ?  5 :life for each part.

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Facetious trollnotmod
  • Awards: Epic 3 Card Winner - Clockwork GolemBest Recruiter of FriendsBest JournalistBest Chat PainterBattle - Slayer of The Great ChimeraBest Crafted Relic of Other
Re: Giant Ant | Giant Ant https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36251.msg455864#msg455864
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 04:40:27 am »
omg, why so complicated?

Offline Nepycros

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • My creativity was OP, so I had to nerf it.
Re: Giant Ant | Giant Ant https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36251.msg455865#msg455865
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 04:42:04 am »
Perception is the source of misunderstanding.

Why, yes. I do have a Mindgate necklace. It's how I ninja everyone.

• Legendary Member
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Giant Ant | Giant Ant https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36251.msg455866#msg455866
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 04:53:58 am »
So any RTd part is 0 cost?

Also, for Mitosis, what if it were to just create another Giant Ant at 15 :life ?  5 :life for each part.
Well, Since you pay 5 :life for all 3 parts, each part is worth less, so I don't see a problem with 0 per part, because each part is not as good by itself.
I'll see what others think about mitosis also. In my opinion, that seems too expensive though.

omg, why so complicated?
You like it? :P
Seriously, what other thoughts do you have?

This brings back old memories.

Ant Series (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,15055.msg209231#msg209231)
I think I remember a bug series, and it might have been some of that, but I think that was about a month or two before I joined the forum. On an off-topic note, the Ant Queen art reminds me of an Empress Bulbax from Pikmin.
My Decks

Offline Xenocidius

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Fear the Darkness ...
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeFavorite Community Member of 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Design a Competition Competition
Re: Giant Ant | Giant Ant https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36251.msg455868#msg455868
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2012, 05:15:56 am »
This is a bit of a special case, so I'll fix up those table errors before it gets submitted.
  • The images for the various body parts must be named, and the names must match what is shown in tables.
  • The Cost fields must say 0.
  • Non-upgraded main card image has an upgraded border.

Now, about the card itself ... I love the idea of a card that takes up multiple slots. I do think, however, that you shouldn't allow cases like 7-20-13. The body parts should all be in the same row, and in order.

Either way, a few issues are brought up, such as: what if the legs are killed, and you play another creature card that fills that slot? Should the game simply recognize that slot as taken?

The Mitosis (and Fractal) card would usually create a copy of the separate card in question (Head, Legs, Abdomen), but in this case ... hmm. I guess they could do that anyway; they just wouldn't be able to attack.
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

Offline Drake_XIV

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 91
  • Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Powerful Harmony
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSummer and Winter Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Giant Ant | Giant Ant https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36251.msg455869#msg455869
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2012, 05:17:50 am »
I feel in the cases of copying or RTing the parts, the individual parts should have some cost...

Offline waterzx

• Reputation Power: 11
  • waterzx is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.waterzx is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Giant Ant | Giant Ant https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36251.msg455870#msg455870
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2012, 05:21:45 am »
How on Earth you come up with such wonderful (yet a little disgusting) idea ?

• Legendary Member
Re: Giant Ant | Giant Ant https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36251.msg455878#msg455878
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2012, 05:46:32 am »
I feel in the cases of copying or RTing the parts, the individual parts should have some cost...
0 is a cost though... What do you suggest?
This is a bit of a special case, so I'll fix up those table errors before it gets submitted.
  • The images for the various body parts must be named, and the names must match what is shown in tables.
  • The Cost fields must say 0.
  • Non-upgraded main card image has an upgraded border.

Now, about the card itself ... I love the idea of a card that takes up multiple slots. I do think, however, that you shouldn't allow cases like 7-20-13. The body parts should all be in the same row, and in order.

Either way, a few issues are brought up, such as: what if the legs are killed, and you play another creature card that fills that slot? Should the game simply recognize that slot as taken?

The Mitosis (and Fractal) card would usually create a copy of the separate card in question (Head, Legs, Abdomen), but in this case ... hmm. I guess they could do that anyway; they just wouldn't be able to attack.
Well, fractalling the legs doesn't do you much good, nor does the Abdomen, without legs to attack with. Therefore to make sufficient use of fractal you'd have to use two fractals, one the head (which can get legs) and the Abdomen, which is the bulk damager. That's why i thought of having fractal give you the main card, because with that you at least get a whole unit (like other creatures).

If others agree, I'll remove the 7-20-13 part. Do you feel the same for 7-8-3?

I think the game should let you play a creature where the legs were - because you have a chance to grow the legs back.
My Decks

• Legendary Member
Re: Giant Ant | Giant Ant https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36251.msg457384#msg457384
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2012, 12:08:56 am »
Bump for feedback.

In particular, thought on
  • Position on the field when played (4-1-5, 7-20-13, and 7-8-3)
  • Mitosis
  • Costs of parts regarding Reverse Time
My Decks

Offline Xenocidius

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Fear the Darkness ...
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeFavorite Community Member of 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Design a Competition Competition
Re: Giant Ant | Giant Ant https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36251.msg458471#msg458471
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2012, 06:25:10 am »
Well, this was a ... fun ... candidate to review. >.>

CURATOR COMMENT
  • The Text field of Legs does not exactly match the text shown on the card.
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

Offline EmeraldTiger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 61
  • EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • :life :aether
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Giant Ant | Giant Ant https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36251.msg458527#msg458527
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2012, 01:00:44 pm »
Does the ant Gain 1|1 when consuming?
If Nowhere is Somewhere, and Somewhere is Over there, How can we be Anywhere?
:life :aether

anything
blarg: