*Author

Offline ZephyrPhantomTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Eldritch Horror | Avatar of Prejudice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35877.msg451329#msg451329
« on: January 22, 2012, 02:08:58 am »
NAME:
Eldritch Horror
ELEMENT:
Darkness
COST:
5 :darkness
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
3 | 3
TEXT:
All enemy creatures gain
 -1 | -1 for each creature of a different element on their field.
NAME:
ELEMENT:
Darkness
COST:
4 :darkness
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
3 | 3
TEXT:
All enemy creatures gain
 -1 | -1 for each creature of a different element on their field.

ART:
vrt for Foil Chimera art. Edited by Zblader
IDEA:
Zblader
NOTES:
The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed.
- Buddha

And yet they fear. They fear my existence, scheming for the end. The fear my knowledge of them and their weaknesses. They fear everything about me, for I am different.
So what if I created a beast out of their same fears of difference?
Of war, created by different views?
Of death, coming at different times?
Of lies, the creation of different false stories?
This, foolish Elemental, is the result of that same fear inside you.

- The Usurper, before landing the finishing blow with his Avatars of Prejudice

A spinoff idea based off of Cholera | Miasma. Unlike it's death counterpart, it weakens creatures through their fears of being different and not 'fitting in' with the group.

If the creatures are in like minded 'groups' (Elements), their resolve is much stronger and they don't lose morale. As a result, the two cards work on opposite themes : Cholera breaks down similar (mono/duo) groups through physical disease, while the Avatar breaks down different groups (trios/quartets/rainbows) through mental insecurity.

Also partially inspired by the Usurper's Dark Chimera.

Effect stacks, but cannot put stats below one.

Want to find out more about the Forum NPC known as the Usurper? You can find his appearances here:
The Usurper By Essence - Debut Appearance, along with Mythic Blade and Dark Chimera(Part of the inspiration for this card). He had a sidekick called Seraph that Akebono ran over with an Armedigillo and is relatively silent for most of the game, letting Seraph do most of the talking.
Fanatics and Heretics 2 - Establishes himself as the sworn enemy of the mysterious High Priestess Rozinanza. He claims souls taste like chicken.
SERIES:

« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 04:25:18 am by Zblader »

Offline Naesala

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Eldritch Horror | Avatar of Prejudice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35877.msg451363#msg451363
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2012, 04:00:22 am »
Love it. Love the theme, love the mechanic, put it in the game
Your favorite Hotyugh

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Eldritch Horror | Avatar of Prejudice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35877.msg451630#msg451630
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 09:49:32 pm »
Love it. Love the theme, love the mechanic, put it in the game!!!!!!!
+rep to you Z, for such a great idea.
Also love the art. I feel this would be a great help in the arena, with SO MANY RAINBOWS. Interesting to see how much it would change pvp.
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Your tears are delicious
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: Eldritch Horror | Avatar of Prejudice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35877.msg451641#msg451641
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2012, 10:21:20 pm »
Another weapon to add to Devtal's arsenal; Higu rejoices.

As long as it fails to put stats below 1 I don't think I would ever really see this being broken.
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Forum reigned by my mixtape

Offline regen2k9

• Reputation Power: 11
  • regen2k9 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.regen2k9 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • *dances*
  • Awards: Beginners League 2/2012 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Eldritch Horror | Avatar of Prejudice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35877.msg451645#msg451645
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2012, 10:30:31 pm »
Love the idea and the theme.  It has the potential to obliterate speedbows.  Might or might not be slightly OP in that regard.  Part of me wants to make the unupped version affect both players and the upped version remain the same, but maybe that's just me.  Either way, love the card.
Walk towards the :light...

Offline rowcla

• Reputation Power: 11
  • rowcla is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.rowcla is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • poni poni poni poni
Re: Eldritch Horror | Avatar of Prejudice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35877.msg451651#msg451651
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2012, 10:52:12 pm »
MONOS GOGOGOGO!

Now i need to get discord in as well, to screw up monos :P
Poni? Poni poni poni!

Offline Hyroen

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • like. follow. tweet.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWar #10 Winner - Team AirSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSkill of the Elemental : Mark of ProtectionWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Eldritch Horror | Avatar of Prejudice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35877.msg451662#msg451662
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2012, 11:28:50 pm »
My one main qualm with this card is its name. At this point in time, Elements the Game's card base doesn't seem large enough to be introducing names that are elegant, descriptive and convoluted. Thus far, the game seems to support concise names that never exceed more than 1 or 2 words. It's one of the main reasons that skills with long names disturb me a little, aside from the fact that they would just be chopped in the actual game screen.

Yu-Gi-Oh! has such a large card base that they have really descriptive names and are given the potential for really descriptive abilities. I don't see the need to get too descriptive at least until we're in Elements the Game 2.0 or something.

A short, sweet and simple name such as Prejudice would fit quite well and follow the current unwritten law.

Aside, I knew this card reminded me of something from the past, and looking through the card ideas I found Asmodeus (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,30031.0.html), a card idea which has definite similarities to this one. I was also surprised to see that Asmodeus almost was of the :darkness Darkness element too if it weren't for the poll. I'm not sure how much new potential both being in the game would bring, and I'm sure there are perfect arguments for their distinct differences, but at least in my opinion they seemed almost too alike .
WAR X - TEAM :air AIR

[EtG Council]   |   [Card Ideas & Art]   |   [Guilds]

Offline dragonsdemesne

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Leeeeeeeeeeroyyyyyyyyy....
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2013 WinnerBattle League 1/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2012 3rd Place
Re: Eldritch Horror | Avatar of Prejudice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35877.msg451678#msg451678
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2012, 12:04:49 am »
I like this one a lot :)  I'd definitely use this card if it were implemented.  I also like the Eldritch Horror name, since I think HPL kicks ass :D

• Legendary Member
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Eldritch Horror | Avatar of Prejudice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35877.msg452323#msg452323
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2012, 05:36:36 pm »
My one main qualm with this card is its name. At this point in time, Elements the Game's card base doesn't seem large enough to be introducing names that are elegant, descriptive and convoluted. Thus far, the game seems to support concise names that never exceed more than 1 or 2 words. It's one of the main reasons that skills with long names disturb me a little, aside from the fact that they would just be chopped in the actual game screen.

Yu-Gi-Oh! has such a large card base that they have really descriptive names and are given the potential for really descriptive abilities. I don't see the need to get too descriptive at least until we're in Elements the Game 2.0 or something.

A short, sweet and simple name such as Prejudice would fit quite well and follow the current unwritten law.
I intended to do the same thing when I first made the card, but then I thought that "Prejudice" seems to imply a weapon or a permanent, rather than a creature given the context of ETG. (weapons have 1-word names and prejudice is more likely to be an emotion invoked by a spell given that we can prevent elementals from speaking (Silence) and induce artificial states of mind (Adrenaline) )
Aside, I knew this card reminded me of something from the past, and looking through the card ideas I found Asmodeus (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,30031.0.html), a card idea which has definite similarities to this one. I was also surprised to see that Asmodeus almost was of the :darkness Darkness element too if it weren't for the poll. I'm not sure how much new potential both being in the game would bring, and I'm sure there are perfect arguments for their distinct differences, but at least in my opinion they seemed almost too alike .
I've made several "mass weakening" cards (sort of like a mini-series) - Cholera itself is based off of Oppression (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,23902.0.html), which follows a similar "weakening" theme. The intended uses are also different due to the target "groups" they affect:

Oppression
Overall the most beneficial and the most straightfoward - your enemy creatures lose -1 | -1.
Pros : Simple and has no drawback.
Cons : Weapon - requires another card to stack.

Asmodeus
Widest 'field' of effect - all creatures not of your mark gain -1 | -1.
Pros : Accessible to all elements.
Cons : Mark requirement forces you to balance element usage on the mono-rainbow scale of your deck. Easily killed.

Cholera
Affects creatures of the same species - enemy creatures gain -1 | -1 for each creature of the same type on their field.
Pros : Counters Swarm/Fractal/Mitosis, more effective against monos and duos that are consistent with creatures.
Cons : Increasing variety of creatures weakens card - less effective against multiple elements.

Eldritch Horror
Punishes enemies for being diverse : All enemy creatures gain -1 | -1 for each creature of a different element on their field.
Pros : More effective if opponent wields more elements, most damaging to rainbows.
Cons : Basically an inverse and less effective Eclipse if your opponent runs a mono. Easily killed.
So it is true the above 4 cards have similarities since they all revolve around the same core concept, but they also have their thematic differences as well.  I haven't seen any potential balance issues with this card, so I'm going to be submitting it to the Crucible.

• Legendary Member
Re: Eldritch Horror | Avatar of Prejudice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35877.msg486909#msg486909
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2012, 02:16:08 am »
Eldritch Horrorhas has made it to the Forge, keep up the support! :)

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Eldritch Horror | Avatar of Prejudice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35877.msg486931#msg486931
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2012, 02:53:07 am »
Congrats on the Forge Z!
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

Offline Drake_XIV

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 91
  • Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Powerful Harmony
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSummer and Winter Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Eldritch Horror | Avatar of Prejudice https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35877.msg499636#msg499636
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2012, 12:22:32 am »
Image in the Forge is linked to the old site.

blarg: