*Author

Offline KakerlakeTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 24
  • Kakerlake is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Kakerlake is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Kakerlake is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Kakerlake is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Loyal supporter of Bunny
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWar #7 Winner - Team AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Dog Pit #2 - PvP EventBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireWinner of Warrior's Preparation - PvP EventSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House Cup3rd Trials - Master of EarthWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerCard Flavor Text #2 Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Screw you RNG! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35104.msg442443#msg442443
« on: December 25, 2011, 09:54:43 pm »
Screw you RNG! - Rules
Original idea by: Kakerlake   |   Developed by: Kakerlake   |   Art by: ??#4   |   Organized by: ??#5

Given a set of randomly generated decks, your team will have to make the best out of it.

1. HOW TO SIGN UP?
Anyone with a forum and a chat account can sign up for this event. Start by reading the rules very carefully. Then sign up by posting on a separate sign up topic. If you cannot find a sign up topic, or if it is locked, this event is not currently active, and you will have to wait for it to restart.

For this Event, you must have a team in order to compete. Teams consist of three members. Once you have a team of three people, one of you must post in the sign-up thread listing your Team Name, Forum-, Ingame and Chatname for each member. Additionally, each Team and each Player may chose one RNG unscrewer Card (one Team Card, one Personal Card) which can be used upgraded in Deck building..
Players who do not have a team may sign-up in the Substitute thread where they will be randomly paired with teammates or listed as substitutes to replace players who can no longer compete.

2. DECKBUILDING
After the Sign-up phase, your team will be given a private area in the forum to discuss your deckbuilding and choices.

When the first Round starts, your Team will be given 5 randomly generated Decks (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,35100.msg472665#msg472665) (credit goes to Xenocidius) by the Organizer.
 - Your Team decides which Player has to use what Deck.
 - Each player may swap up to 12 cards from his deck to any of the not used Decks. (you may also just take 12 Cards without returning any other cards back, same for vice versa.)
 - If your Deck contains Nymphs or Rares, you may convert them into the according Pillar.
 - After swapping the cards, each player may add any ammount of his and his Teams RNG unscrewer Cards to his Deck. (can be upped, if it is the same card as in your Deck, you may upgrade it as well)
 - You may use any (non-card) Mark.
 - Your Team will keep the 2 not used Decks in the next Round and recieves 3 new ones (used decks disappear)

The finalized decks (all 5 of them) will have to be posted in a new Topic in your private Section before the Deadline. Failure to do so, will resault in your team having to use the randomly assigned Decks in position 1,2 and 3, according to your position in the Brackets.
Editing the post after the deadline, or posting it too late has the same effect and may cause you to lose by default if you used the wrong deck.

3. BRACKETS
This event is a double-elimination tournament and uses two kinds of brackets: winners brackets and losers brackets. Everyone starts out in the winners brackets. When you lose the first time, you will drop down to the losers bracket. When you lose the second time, you will be eliminated from the event. The final match will be between the winner of winners brackets, and the winner of losers brackets.

In short, if you lose two times, you are out. If you don't lose two times, you win.

The Organizer will create a new Topic in the Battle resault section, containing information on who you'll have to fight and what their unscrewer Cards are. Your Team wins, if 2 or more Players won.
In case of a Draw, the Organizer will ask RNG who won and the other one wins :3

4. DUELS
Players have until the posted deadline to make the fight happen. They must contact their opponent using a PM, and try to find a time that suits both. If the fight doesn't happen, both players lose by default, unless one player is clearly more active in trying to find a suitable time. Event Organizer will determine who the most active player was, and his or her word is final.  It is strongly encouraged to copy the Event Organizer on any PMs you send.  Any player who fails to complete two matches over the course of the event will be considered to have quit and be removed and subject to supplemental discipline.

Team orders will be randomized before each round and you will face the player on the other team opposite from you in the matchup table.  Players will then fight a best-of-three match to determine the winner. 

It's a good idea to either record the matches, or take screenshots as proof, in case something weird, like a desync error, happens. Remember, a player who gets caught cheating, will be permanently banned from all Elements community PvP events, so please play fair.

5. AFTER DUELS
When you complete a battle, both players will imediately post the battle results along with the decks they used in the matchup thread. A summary of what occurred is also encouraged. Any player who delays posting their decks after the match risks forfeiture or even removal from the event.

6. REWARDS
The winner of the event will receive the following forum award icon: [insert awesome award icon]

Offline Xenocidius

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Fear the Darkness ...
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeFavorite Community Member of 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Design a Competition Competition
Re: Screw you RNG! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35104.msg442459#msg442459
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2011, 11:45:22 pm »
I like how you managed to add strategy to an event centred around something so random. It's an awesome idea, but I may be biased. :)

Also, 'RNG unscrewer Card' - genius.
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

Offline ralouf

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Elements lover
  • Awards: War #5 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2012 WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Screw you RNG! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35104.msg442512#msg442512
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2011, 08:23:09 am »
This look like a lot of fun, I just hope that deck are going to be quite balanced between each team
TEAM
:deathbig
War Se7en

• Kakerlake is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Kakerlake is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Kakerlake is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Kakerlake is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWar #7 Winner - Team AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Dog Pit #2 - PvP EventBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireWinner of Warrior's Preparation - PvP EventSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House Cup3rd Trials - Master of EarthWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerCard Flavor Text #2 Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Screw you RNG! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35104.msg442543#msg442543
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2011, 11:48:24 am »
Xeno is improving the Random Deck Generator, so when he's done, I guess all decks will be playable. Obviously, some will be stronger than others, but you'll always be able to edit those random decks enough to make a good deck out of it.

Edit:
Increased ammount of cards to swap to 12.

Offline MyNameIsJoey

• Chat Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • I walk alone
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner 11.08.18Weekly Tournament Winner 09.06.18Weekly Tournament Winner 26.05.18Brawl #7 Winner - Green NightSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Screw you RNG! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35104.msg450204#msg450204
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2012, 02:55:45 pm »
How many teams will be able to sign up?
How long will each round be?
Im not sure i understood the part about RNG unscrewer cards... could you explain me?
follow me at twitch.tv/mynameisjoey

Re: Screw you RNG! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35104.msg450229#msg450229
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2012, 04:15:19 pm »
How many teams will be able to sign up?
How long will each round be?
Each Round will have 2 phases: Deckbuilding and Fighting, each Phase should last at least 2 days, +1 day for possible extensions.
Since an event shouldn't last longer than a month, this gives us ~6 Rounds. So with 16 Teams, this Event whould have to be full already.

Im not sure i understood the part about RNG unscrewer cards... could you explain me?
Of course: Basically, the unscrewer card can always be added to your random deck however you like. Upped or unupped, up to 6 times or just improve the cards that are already there.

Let's make an example:
Team Insectopia (Team unscrewer card: Antlion)
Kakerlake (Personal unscrewer card: Flesh Spider)
Bunny (Personal unscrewer card: Spark)
Discord-san (Personal unscrewer card: Discord)

We've recieved 5 random Decks and already swapped cards with the unused decks, so I get this one:
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
52g 52g 52g 52g 52g 52g 52h 52j 52j 52j 52j 52j 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58r 58r 58r 58r 58r 58r 8pm
For me, I have these two unscrewer cards: Antlion (Team) and Flesh Spider (Personal).
So, first of all, I'd be able to upgrade those 5 Spiders to Recluses, since that is one of my two unscrewer cards and add another one to make it 6.
Next, I can add Antlions to the deck, but as (in this example) I've only got 2 upped Antlions in my account, I'll only add 2 upped Antlions and a random unupped one just for fun.
So when duelling, this would be the deck I actually use:
52g 52g 52g 52g 52g 52g 52h 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58p 58r 58r 58r 58r 58r 58r 713 713 713 713 713 713 779 779 8pm

Another Example: Bunny has this deck after swapping cards with the unused ones:
5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f2 5f2 5f2 5f2 5f2 5f2 5f4 5f4 5f4 5f4 5f4 5f4 5f9 5f9 5f9 5f9 5f9 5f9 8po
Obviously, those Immolations are currently pretty dead cards. But in its infinite wisdom, Bunny chose Spark as its Personal card, so it will add it 6 times to the deck (Bunny doesn't need upped cards) but doesn't add any Antlions.
This is the deck Bunny will fight with:
5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f2 5f2 5f2 5f2 5f2 5f2 5f4 5f4 5f4 5f4 5f4 5f4 5f9 5f9 5f9 5f9 5f9 5f9 61p 61p 61p 61p 61p 61p 8po

Offline MyNameIsJoey

• Chat Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • I walk alone
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner 11.08.18Weekly Tournament Winner 09.06.18Weekly Tournament Winner 26.05.18Brawl #7 Winner - Green NightSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Screw you RNG! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35104.msg450231#msg450231
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2012, 04:20:02 pm »
So the unscrewer card has the exact same system as the element in TPvP?
follow me at twitch.tv/mynameisjoey

Re: Screw you RNG! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35104.msg450239#msg450239
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2012, 04:28:54 pm »
So the unscrewer card has the exact same system as the element in TPvP?
e~yup.
That might be the place where I've copied that idea from ;)

Offline Jenkar

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Heart's made of shadows
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeChampionship League 2/2013 WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake6th Trials - Master of AirWinner of Revive the Archive 2!Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeBeginners League 1/2012 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner5th Trials - Master of AirAvatar of Patience - Winner of the 7 Heavenly Virtues Deck CompetitionBeginners League 3/2011 3rd PlaceC-C-C-Combo Maker Winner!
Re: Screw you RNG! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35104.msg455585#msg455585
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2012, 11:16:06 am »
I'd love to see this event in action.
The madness is in each of us. Close your eyes, sing, and open your webbed wings to the silent winds.
Beautiful art : http://i.imgur.com/eUhyYCC.png

Offline ralouf

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Elements lover
  • Awards: War #5 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2012 WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Screw you RNG! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35104.msg467405#msg467405
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2012, 12:37:25 am »
Gogo now make it starting :D
TEAM
:deathbig
War Se7en

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Screw you RNG! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35104.msg467406#msg467406
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2012, 12:44:12 am »
This looks like a lot of fun :)
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

blarg: Kakerlake,Xenocidius