*Author

Offline MatrimKKTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 6
  • MatrimKK is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • reigned by Entropy
  • Awards: 4th Trials - Master of EntropyWar #4 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
(Entropy) Gen. MatrimKK (Sub) 3 - (Time) Gen. 10 men (Sub) 1 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34686.msg437287#msg437287
« on: December 11, 2011, 05:27:07 am »
shocked  :-X

Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vh 4vh 4vh 4vh 4vh 4vh 500 50u 50u 50u 50u 50u 5up 5up 5v1 6rk 6rk 6u7 6u7 6u7 6u7 7t9 7t9 7t9 8pt

Thank you to Rastafla for subbing the first 3 games as I had little Time.  Perhaps you can fill us in later on what occurred during those duels? 

Game 4: Lots of desyncs took over an hour to complete this game.  I felt very unsure about this since I knew little about Time's deck.  After the 5th desync or so I realized I had 5 dead cards (steals) and it was looking quite grim.  I thought I nearly had him one game on a 1 pend draw but it didn't get very far.  Luckily we had each others conversation to ease  tension.  After a short break we came back and tried a few more.  The first game we had completed I only drew one AM so I was prepared (yet again) for a loss.  Early long sword coupled with a nightmare really won this one as he bounced my lycans repeatedly (I must have drew over 9000 lycans this game) as it came down to the final turn if he drew his last rewinds I would lose 6 damage short.  Lucky for me he only had one to play, as I was able to win with exact damage.  gg forfun time really had the superior deck here.  Also thank you for the lovely chatting, I'll have to get Makku and you alone (
&feature=related) some time.  Afterwards forfun played fractal and 8 more time nymphs and I cried. 

Offline ffun

• Reputation Power: 4
  • ffun is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: (Entropy) Gen. MatrimKK (Sub) 3 - (Time) Gen. 10 men (Sub) 1 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34686.msg437289#msg437289
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 05:29:28 am »
Code: [Select]
5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rk 5rk 5rk 5rk 5rk 5rk 5rm 5ro 5ru 5ru 5ru 5ru 5s4 5s4 5s4 5s4 5t2 5t2 5t2 5t2 5t2 5t2 5t2 5t2 61t 61t 61t 622 622
double shocked  :-X

edit: now, I don't remember every detail, since games started yesterday vs. Rasta and continued today vs. Matrim, but let's go...

The basic deck run on games 1, 2 and 4 was:

by ffun
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
5rg 5rg 5rg 5rk 5rk 5rk 5rk 5rk 5rk 5rm 5ru 5ru 5ru 5ru 5s4 5s4 5s4 5s4 5t2 5t2 5t2 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7ri 7ri 7ri 7ri 7ri 8ps

1-0: Very close games. Nymphs gave me card advantage, but (iirc) 2 antimatters slowed my damage considerably. It was a race to win, as he played sword, lycans and antimatters and I played nymphs, ghosts and RTs. We had a desync at the end, and a bit of discussion... although our hps were close, I had 2 RTs in hand, could rewind his lycan (or even the 2 of them he had in play) so he couldn't deal enough damage to kill me the next round (having to draw and play a 1 attack lycan), while I would have more than enough damage to win over my current turn + next.

1-1: Same thing, but this time Rasta had a lot more early antimatters than the game before, an early sword and a nightmare. I simply couldn't deal damage fast enough to outrush the lycan, and there was nothing I could do about the sword, so this was quite an easy one for entropy.

1-2: -2 RT; -1 dragon; -3 ghosts; +1 eternity; +3 dim; +2 fractal; mark :aether
I got worried with the previous loss, and since I never saw any steals in the first 2 matches, I thought entropy had no PC and it would be safe to change to aether and go minighostal. As soon as I played eternity, bam... steal! Played a dim... steal! Played another dim... steal. Yeah, it was not fun. :(

=== ends my matches with rasta yesterday (Rasta, correct me if I'm wrong about any details above... I'm sorry for not taking notes); begins my match(es) with Matrim today=====

1-3: So, back to the original deck... We had dozens of desyncs until we got a game done. I had my share of great and bad hands during the desyncs... more than once I beat the AI, but since those were mid game, we kept replaying until we got one game right. And when we finally got to play a complete game, Matrim did exactly enough damage to win 1 turn before I could kill him :(

As soon as I played a nymph, he AMed it and slowed me down from the start. Add to that a very early sword (which I could do nothing about) and an annoying lycan I had to keep rewinding, and it wasn't looking good. I kept drawing RTs, which helped to slow him down while I got quanta to play my ghosts (I think I got to play 3-4 at the end). A nightmare mid game was really a game breaker - it healed him up when I was getting close to kill him and dmg me enough to even things out. It was a real close game and we knew it would be decided by just a few dmg points. I ran out of RTs and he got to finally play a second lycan and evolve the first one, so my only hope was to draw my last 2 RTs in 2 draws (1 normal and 1 nymph). Only drew one, so I rewound the large lycan. He evolved the other, played the rewound lycan and did exactly the dmg he needed to kill me. :(

GGs :entropy! I'm really sad to loose this one to desync and bad luck in the only game we got to complete, but Matrim was a great guy to chat and play against.

Sorry I couldn't pull this one off, team :time:(
I hope we can do something really special in the last round and surprise everyone, just as we did it so far in war.

Offline Sevs

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • My favorite element is Oxygen
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: (Entropy) Gen. MatrimKK (Sub) 3 - (Time) Gen. 10 men (Sub) 1 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34686.msg437292#msg437292
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, 05:36:12 am »
"Elements is the greatest game ever made" - Abraham Lincoln

Offline Jocko

• Reputation Power: 19
  • Jocko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Jocko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Jocko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWar #5 Winner - Team AetherSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeHoliday Fun Redux! Winner
Re: (Entropy) Gen. MatrimKK (Sub) 3 - (Time) Gen. 10 men (Sub) 1 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34686.msg437293#msg437293
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2011, 05:37:21 am »

Offline Bonestorm

• Reputation Power: 8
  • Bonestorm is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • This is not the end.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of Short Story Competition - Draconic Guardians
Re: (Entropy) Gen. MatrimKK (Sub) 3 - (Time) Gen. 10 men (Sub) 1 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34686.msg437296#msg437296
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2011, 05:42:15 am »
Pikachu used Thundershocked  :-X

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Your tears are delicious
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: (Entropy) Gen. MatrimKK (Sub) 3 - (Time) Gen. 10 men (Sub) 1 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34686.msg437297#msg437297
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2011, 05:43:40 am »
Not gonna be shocked until I see both decks used.

But I must know if those Nymphs were Fractaled at some point :>
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Forum reigned by my mixtape

Offline gumbeh

• Reputation Power: 7
  • gumbeh is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Nude to Elements
Re: (Entropy) Gen. MatrimKK (Sub) 3 - (Time) Gen. 10 men (Sub) 1 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34686.msg437303#msg437303
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2011, 05:49:06 am »
Not gonna be shocked until I see both decks used.

But I must know if those Nymphs were Fractaled at some point :>
You WOULD want to know that, wouldn't you? Damn dirty frog...

Offline ffun

• New to Elements
Re: (Entropy) Gen. MatrimKK (Sub) 3 - (Time) Gen. 10 men (Sub) 1 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34686.msg437304#msg437304
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2011, 05:50:30 am »
Of course I didn't fractal them - if people already complain when I use 4, imagine if I use 8? :P

Offline Avenger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Avenger is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • War veteran
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSilver DonorWar #8 Winner - Team FireWar #7 Winner - Team AetherWar #6 Winner - Team AetherWar #5 Winner - Team Aether
Re: (Entropy) Gen. MatrimKK (Sub) 3 - (Time) Gen. 10 men (Sub) 1 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34686.msg437363#msg437363
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2011, 08:26:25 am »
I'm not shocked since i knew Rasta already made it 2-1 with a probably won 1st game. I'm just happy our pwnie friends are still in game (and reduced time to 1 deck).

Offline Zeru

• Reputation Power: 16
  • Zeru is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Zeru is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Zeru is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • The meaning of life is to give life meaning.
Re: (Entropy) Gen. MatrimKK (Sub) 3 - (Time) Gen. 10 men (Sub) 1 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34686.msg437389#msg437389
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2011, 10:12:10 am »

Offline inthisroom

• Reputation Power: 13
  • inthisroom is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.inthisroom is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Just ask
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LightWeekly Tournament Winner7th Trials - Master of FireWinner of Draft #3 - PvP Event
Re: (Entropy) Gen. MatrimKK (Sub) 3 - (Time) Gen. 10 men (Sub) 1 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34686.msg437412#msg437412
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2011, 11:31:13 am »
*faints*

Offline ffun

• New to Elements
Re: (Entropy) Gen. MatrimKK (Sub) 3 - (Time) Gen. 10 men (Sub) 1 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34686.msg437418#msg437418
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2011, 12:19:10 pm »
I'm not shocked since i knew Rasta already made it 2-1 with a probably won 1st game. I'm just happy our pwnie friends are still in game (and reduced time to 1 deck).
At the beginning of my last match vs Matrim, those were my thoughts as well, and I had very little hope. But if you had seen a few of our desyncs and our finished game you would understand. Matrim is completely right for being shocked, and unfortunately I still am too.

Edit: and I don't know where you get game 1 was probably won for entropy - there was absolutely no way they could win it when we desynched, hence the warmasters gave us the win.

blarg: MatrimKK,ffun