*Author

Offline darkrobeTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 12
  • darkrobe is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.darkrobe is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
Lotus | Lotus https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34542.msg435809#msg435809
« on: December 06, 2011, 11:53:32 pm »
NAME:
Lotus
ELEMENT:
Life
COST:
3 :life
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
0 | 0
TEXT:
Gains +0|+1 and drains quanta from your opponent equal to its health each turn.

NAME:
Lotus
ELEMENT:
Life
COST:
1 :life
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
0 | 0
TEXT:
Gains +0|+1 and drains quanta from your opponent equal to its health each turn.

ART:
Helmy Kusuma http://www.publicdomainpictures.net/view-image.php?image=16973&picture=lotus&large=1
IDEA:
Darkrobe
NOTES:
It gains health every turn and then drains quanta equal to health.

So its like tossing a small flower into a (quanta) pool, but then the flower qrows and sucks more and more water (quanta) out of these pools to satisfy its growing nutrient requirements.

Turn 1 it gains 1 health and drains 1 quanta, turn 2 it gains another health point and drains 2 quanta. etc etc.

When targeted with adrenaline, it i will only drain once but will grow at twice the speed. so each turn it will gain +0|+2 instead of +0|+1.

SERIES:

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Quantum Lotus | Quantum Lotus (Bulrush Variant) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34542.msg435828#msg435828
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 12:38:00 am »
This inspired an idea in me! Drains 1 quantum per turn. If from you, gain -1|-1. If from the opponent, gain +1|+1. Is this too similar to Quantum Lotus to have its own thread?
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

• darkrobe is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.darkrobe is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
Re: Quantum Lotus | Quantum Lotus (Bulrush Variant) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34542.msg435838#msg435838
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2011, 01:01:59 am »
This inspired an idea in me! Drains 1 quantum per turn. If from you, gain -1|-1. If from the opponent, gain +1|+1. Is this too similar to Quantum Lotus to have its own thread?
Lol. Nice. I think it depends on the theme you run with. if its a life/plant. Its probably too close. lol. But if you run with a different thematic. I think youd be fine. A mention tying it back to this card might be nice though. :)

Offline Aves

• Competition Organizer
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • ~Lorem Ipsum Dolor Sit Amet~
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeBest Looking Forum Profile Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's GripSilver DonorBattle League 2/2016 2nd PlaceWinner of Card Design War #3Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeBattle League 1/2016 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #9 Winner - Team DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Quantum Lotus | Quantum Lotus https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34542.msg435886#msg435886
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2011, 03:44:40 am »
I like the idea. Life needs denial!

Questions:
What happens if both players have sanctuary? No drain/generation?
Also, how does consume work?
:darkness War # 4, 9, 10
:darkness League of Shadows :darkness Brawl # 5

The Tentacle's Grip Brawl # 6

Re: Quantum Lotus | Quantum Lotus https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34542.msg435889#msg435889
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2011, 03:53:23 am »
I like the idea. Life needs denial!

Questions:
What happens if both players have sanctuary? No drain/generation?
Also, how does consume work?
Sanctuary only works during your opponents turn. So you will get quanta drained but he will not. (otherwise you wouldnt be able to play cards because you wouldnt be able to alter your quanta pool)

Consume. Will work similarly to Virus.  You summon the card, next turn it will be highlighted and you can click on it. That kills it and you can target another creature and that creature will gain +1|+1.

Side note: the quanta drain is passive and cannot be lobotomized, the consume is an activated skill and can be lobotomized/replaced.

Re: Quantum Lotus | Quantum Lotus https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34542.msg436330#msg436330
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2011, 04:49:40 pm »
Old trees has pointed out that this card is Obscenely powerful as is.

Could I get your thoughts on this variant.

Quantum Lotus | Quantum Lotus (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,34542.0.html)
Play Quantum Lotus. Deny your opponent quanta while you get 1 turn to spend your quanta or donate it to the Quantum Lotuses. Harvest +1|+1s from your unending supply of Quantum Lotuses.

Summary:
1 card, 4 :life causes
Opponent: No quanta
You: Only the quanta produced last turn
You: Offense that grows without additional quanta investment from you

The card is too powerful for any reasonable casting cost.

Note: Typically it is unwise balancewise to take a cost mechanic of a card and turn it into a weapon without adjusting the balance.
So I want to ask the community in which direction I should take this card. what is the most interesting aspect of the card. and in what direction should I take it. I like the thematic of this lotus in Quantum "pools" but it is currently doing too many powerful things all at once.

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Quantum Lotus | Quantum Lotus https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34542.msg436492#msg436492
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2011, 11:41:33 pm »
Give it a chance to fail at draining quanta successfully?
My Decks

Firenotes

Re: Quantum Lotus | Quantum Lotus https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34542.msg436496#msg436496
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2011, 11:57:51 pm »
only replicates when life mana is consumed.
drop cost of unupped to 3 :life and have unuppeds consume cost 1 :life or one random

Re: Quantum Lotus | Quantum Lotus https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34542.msg436518#msg436518
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2011, 01:01:47 am »
Ive been thinking about it all day and i have come to the following two versions. One focuses specifically on the quanta drain and the growth of the drain. The other focuses on the drain to attack aspect of the card.

Obviously mitosis should be self explanatory.

"Feed" means that quantum lotus gains +0|-1, while target creature gains +2|+0. (im not sure it should cost :death, it could be :gravity, or :entropy possibly.)

I think the problem with the original card is that it was limitless in terms of growth because of forced mitosis basically, so i have gotten rid of that aspect of the card.

Ps. I havent balanced these. This is just to see opinions on the better thematic approach to begin balancing.

Re: Quantum Lotus | Quantum Lotus https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34542.msg438352#msg438352
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2011, 11:14:30 pm »
I tried to focus it down a bit more.

previous version

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
Re: Quantum Lotus | Quantum Lotus https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34542.msg438365#msg438365
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2011, 11:33:02 pm »
So there's no max?
My Decks

Re: Quantum Lotus | Quantum Lotus https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34542.msg438368#msg438368
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2011, 11:36:00 pm »
right now, no. but that can be easily implemented.

blarg: