*Author

Offline plastiqeTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 0
  • plastiqe hides under a Cloak.
End of Year Forum Awards https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34275.msg432202#msg432202
« on: November 29, 2011, 05:34:16 am »
2011 Elements the Game Forum Awards
    (example poll ideas)
  • Favourite New Card
  • Favourite Master
  • Favourite PvP Event
  • Favourite Tournament
  • Favourite Deck
  • Favourite Wiki Article
  • Favourite Card Creator
  • Favourite Elements Artist
  • Favourite New Member (joined in 2011)
An idea I had for a December thread where we'd have different categories and vote on the best of 2011.  We could even take nominatons for stuff like favourite funny post.  If there were a lot of entries like for all the different tournaments there could be two rounds with a shortlist for the top 5 picks.

I think it'd be fun and something we could look forward to at the end of every year.  If there is a lot of interest we could even give out icons or have trophies or something like that. 

Like?  Dislike?  Any other good category ideas?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 02:27:28 pm by plastiqe »

Offline NikaZaslavsky

• Reputation Power: 10
  • NikaZaslavsky is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.NikaZaslavsky is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Beware The Rainbow Donut of Doom
Re: End of Year Forum Awards https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34275.msg432213#msg432213
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 05:52:19 am »
I like it. It's a nice thing to look forward to as the year comes to an end. But how are we supposed to give an award to a card?
Creepers be creepin'
Builders be weepin'

Offline CCCombobreaker

• Reputation Power: 16
  • CCCombobreaker is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.CCCombobreaker is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.CCCombobreaker is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Sometimes still here...
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerScreenshot #3 Competition WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: End of Year Forum Awards https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34275.msg432216#msg432216
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 06:05:23 am »
Put a forum award icon on the card!
Deckbuilding mad scientist.  Come by and hang out in my stream!

Offline ralouf

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Elements lover
  • Awards: War #5 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2012 WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: End of Year Forum Awards https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34275.msg432218#msg432218
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 06:12:25 am »
I like it. It's a nice thing to look forward to as the year comes to an end. But how are we supposed to give an award to a card?
We give an award to the creator of the card.
TEAM
:deathbig
War Se7en

Scaredgirl

Re: End of Year Forum Awards https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34275.msg432262#msg432262
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2011, 10:45:58 am »
I was thinking about having a big competition (with prizes) at the end of the year but I was too focused on the holiday stuff that I forgot we have new year as well. :)

I think this is a great idea. Awesome actually.

As for the categories.. most of then are perfect but some we could probably do without, like Favourite Tournament where it would be difficult to pick the best one, plus who would be rewarded for that? Actually rest of the categories look pretty good to me. We should also add new ones like Favourite Member to go along with Favourite New Member.

We'll definitely implement this and have ingame prizes for each category.

plastiqe you wanna run this project? If not, we'll find someone from the Council to do this.

Re: End of Year Forum Awards https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34275.msg432268#msg432268
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2011, 11:08:54 am »
Cool.  Yeah, I'll do it.

Offline Rastafla

• Reputation Power: 16
  • Rastafla is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Rastafla is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Rastafla is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Tournament Guru "I'm too old for this sh-"
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner24 Club (cost 24+ cards during War auction)Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: End of Year Forum Awards https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34275.msg432271#msg432271
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2011, 11:13:20 am »
<--------- Winner of the Category Biggest/Largest Fail of 2011
In game name & Chat nick; Rastafla | Retired Tournament Organizer
Current status: Sways forwards and creeping people out.
"Rasta's greatest weakness as a player is moot because this War will not take place in April." - kevkev60614

Scaredgirl

Re: End of Year Forum Awards https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34275.msg432272#msg432272
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2011, 11:16:52 am »
Cool.  Yeah, I'll do it.
Ok, good.

Lets come up with the details then. One sticky topic in General would probably be enough. Members could nominate stuff, and you could then add it to the poll. Although there probably has to be some kind of a screening process for that to avoid people from nominating everything.

Offline rowcla

• Reputation Power: 11
  • rowcla is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.rowcla is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • poni poni poni poni
Re: End of Year Forum Awards https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34275.msg432280#msg432280
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2011, 12:20:22 pm »
You should have a favorite brony award :P

But really though, im not going to be awarded anything,  :'(
Poni? Poni poni poni!

Re: End of Year Forum Awards https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34275.msg432302#msg432302
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2011, 02:18:43 pm »
3 Parts

Nominations
    Must have been posted in 2011 to qualify for things like decks and cards.[/li]Each poster is allowed to make 1 nomination per category (like filling out a form).  [/li]Respective Staff positions can have extra nominations in their category; eg. the Wiki Editors can nominate up to three articles.[/li]
Voting
    1 week, large polls, secret ballot, multiple votes per member, top 5 advance.[/li]
Short List
    1 week, secret ballot, one vote per member.[/li]
Favourite New Card
(Could be expanded to include changed cards, skull shield for example.  zanz gets the prizes : P)
    Mitosis[/li]Acceleration[/li]Ghost of the Past[/li]Shield/Tower Shield [/li]Iridium Warden[/li]Sanctuary[/li]Shard of Sacrifice[/li]Shard of Void[/li]Shard of Patience[/li]Shard of Serendipity[/li]
Favourite Master
    10 men[/li]DrunkDestroyer[/li]Girlsgeneration[/li]Higurashi[/li]Kakerlake[/li]kirchj33[/li]majofa[/li]MatrimKK[/li]MrBlonde[/li]Napalm Grenade[/li]nilsieboy[/li]QuantumT[/li]RavingRabbid[/li]Ryan666[/li]SpikeSpiegel[/li]TheOnlyRealBeef[/li]tikotribe[/li]willng3[/li]Wizelsnarf[/li]Zeru[/li]
Favourite New Member
(Top 20 posters that joined in 2011)
    Bhlewos[/li]calindu221[/li]Chapuz[/li]deuce22[/li]doublecross[/li]dragonsdemesne[/li]furballdn[/li]Genuinous[/li]Jappert[/li]Jenkar[/li]killybob[/li]kirchj33[/li]MatrimKK[/li]Neopergoss[/li]NikaZaslavsky[/li]Onizuka[/li]ralouf1[/li]TheManuz[/li]TStar[/li]UTAlan[/li]
Favourite PvP Event
    12 Lives[/li]Booster Draft[/li]Budokan[/li]Children of the Oracle[/li]Dog Pit[/li]Draft[/li]Elements Chess[/li]Falling Empire[/li]Grid[/li]Harry Potter: House Cup Competition[/li]Prisoner's Dilemma[/li]Metamorphosis[/li]Raise the Stakes[/li]Sideboard[/li]The Colosseum[/li]There Can Only Be One[/li]Three-man Team PvP[/li]
Favourite Member (nominations, can be anyone that isn't in the master or new member poll)
Favourite Deck (maybe upped and unupped category?)
Favourite Wiki Article (nominations)
Favourite Card Creator (do you nominate a member or a card.. if it's cards isn't that just redoing the forge?  Not sure how to work this)
Favourite Elements Artist (nominations on individual pieces of art)

That's 10 categories if you count upped and unupped decks and it covers a fair selection of forum topics.  Some possible additional categories:
    Tournaments[/li]Competitions [/li]Funny Post[/li]Forum Game and/or Mafia[/li]Arena related category?[/li]Overall Favourite Forum Post of 2011[/li]maybe take the winner of each category and pit them against each other like a grandmaster poll.[/li]

SG I don't know what you have in mind for in game prizes but perhaps some categories could be just for fun & bragging rites.  Stuff like Tournaments and Competitions for example are already their own reward but it would be interesting to see which one was the communities top pick.

Scaredgirl

Re: End of Year Forum Awards https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34275.msg432304#msg432304
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2011, 02:25:05 pm »
Hm.. after thinking about this some more.. it might make more sense if I hosted (or at least co-hosted) this thing. I mean big End of Year Forum Awards thing is something that a forum admin should do, yes? Having a non-staff member run it might seem too.. non-official. Too bad we don't have any staff title for projects like this.

That looks like a pretty solid basic plan. I'll look at it in more detail later and will post suggestions.

Offline PlayerOa

• Master of Time
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Time will show
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.20.)14th Trials - Master of Time2nd Elements Reunion Day Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeElements League 3/2019 1st Place13th Trials - Master of TimeWinner of Elements Infinity War #1Silver DonorWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2019 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 1/2019 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake1st Elements Reunion Day Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner7th Trials - Master of TimeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWar #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerMS Paint Card Art #4 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: End of Year Forum Awards https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34275.msg432358#msg432358
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2011, 04:18:29 pm »
<--------- Winner of the Category Biggest/Largest Fail of 2011
Rastafla's 1111th post.

Anyway, I am a fan of the idea, though I also believe that SG should host it.
War #3 - Life || War #4 - Death || War #5, #6, #7, #9, #13, #14 - Time || War #8, #12 - Air

anything
blarg: