*Author

Offline XenocidiusTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Fear the Darkness ...
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeFavorite Community Member of 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Design a Competition Competition
Degrade | Decay https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32129.msg406148#msg406148
« on: October 08, 2011, 01:40:58 am »
NAME:
Degrade
ELEMENT:
Death
COST:
2 :death
TYPE:
Spell
ATK|HP:
TEXT:
Destroy a random card in your opponent's hand.
NAME:
Decay
ELEMENT:
Death
COST:
2 :death
TYPE:
Spell
ATK|HP:
TEXT:
Destroy target card in your opponent's hand.
ART:
Art from Elements the Game
IDEA:
Xenocidius with inspiration from EvaRia (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,27390).
NOTES:
I feel that the game needs more denial, and Death as an element needs some form of denial, which led me to create this card.
SERIES:
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Facetious trollnotmod
  • Awards: Epic 3 Card Winner - Clockwork GolemBest Recruiter of FriendsBest JournalistBest Chat PainterBattle - Slayer of The Great ChimeraBest Crafted Relic of Other
Re: Degrade | Decay https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32129.msg406150#msg406150
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2011, 01:42:58 am »
Destroy or discard? If you destroy a GotP, does your opponent take damage?  And what if your opponent has no cards? Is playing this a waste?

TakoMan02

Re: Degrade | Decay https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32129.msg406151#msg406151
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2011, 01:43:13 am »
I love the idea.

Could use some more epic art, though.

+ how would you go about destroying a target card, and can you see their hand when destroying?

• Legendary Member
  • Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Fear the Darkness ...
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeFavorite Community Member of 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Design a Competition Competition
Re: Degrade | Decay https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32129.msg406154#msg406154
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2011, 01:46:05 am »
If your opponent has no cards playing this as a waste. As to whether GotP will deal damage, well ... I'd like some opinions on that.

You cannot see the hand when destroying, but you can combo it with say, Precognition or Nightmare to get a feel for which card you are destroying.

TakoMan02

Re: Degrade | Decay https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32129.msg406156#msg406156
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2011, 01:50:02 am »
As to whether GotP will deal damage, well ... I'd like some opinions on that.
Yes.

Discarding = to throw out (a card  or cards) from one's hand.
Decay = throwing out the selected card

The card description says nothing about who discards it, just that if it is discarded the owner receives 10 or 13 damage.

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Facetious trollnotmod
  • Awards: Epic 3 Card Winner - Clockwork GolemBest Recruiter of FriendsBest JournalistBest Chat PainterBattle - Slayer of The Great ChimeraBest Crafted Relic of Other
Re: Degrade | Decay https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32129.msg406159#msg406159
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2011, 01:51:07 am »
If your opponent has no cards playing this as a waste. As to whether GotP will deal damage, well ... I'd like some opinions on that.

You cannot see the hand when destroying, but you can combo it with say, Precognition or Nightmare to get a feel for which card you are destroying.
I remember seeing another card someone made where it discarded a card from the opponent's hand and it was  :darkness and could be very nicely combo'd with GotP. That was probably a bit OP since it was  :darkness, but I feel a  :darkness :time :death trio would be harder to pull off and more balanced. (though technically YOU're discarding the ghost) (Or we can go on about how your text says destroy and not discard)

• Legendary Member
  • Fear the Darkness ...
Re: Degrade | Decay https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32129.msg406162#msg406162
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2011, 01:54:03 am »
Poll added. I'll change the text if it's a discard effect.

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • Facetious trollnotmod
Re: Degrade | Decay https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32129.msg406189#msg406189
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2011, 02:53:22 am »
Poll added. I'll change the text if it's a discard effect.
Interesting grammar there.

Offline RRQJ

• Reputation Power: 6
  • RRQJ is a Spark waiting for a buff.
Re: Degrade | Decay https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32129.msg406198#msg406198
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2011, 03:19:28 am »
I think 'destroy' is a better fit for this.  'Decay' is a (slow) destruction.

For 'discard,' something like 'disarm' sounds more suitable for the card name (with appropriate image obviously).

TakoMan02

Re: Degrade | Decay https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32129.msg406352#msg406352
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2011, 01:21:39 pm »
I think 'destroy' is a better fit for this.  'Decay' is a (slow) destruction.

For 'discard,' something like 'disarm' sounds more suitable for the card name (with appropriate image obviously).
In that case, it should be a fire card :p

Scaredgirl

Re: Degrade | Decay https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32129.msg406354#msg406354
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2011, 01:35:07 pm »
This is exactly the kind of card idea I like. It's simple, yet it offers many cool possibilities. The choice of element though.. like TakoMan02 said, :fire might fit better, especially since fire is considered a rush element, and you could now try to play your cards as fast as possible, while at the same time try to slow down your opponent. If this was "decay", it should mean something like having to discard 2 cards after 3 rounds or something.

I would also make one small change to the art. Maybe add some cracks in the card or something to signify decay? But that is just cosmetic change.

Other than that, I really like the idea.

PuppyChow

Re: Degrade | Decay https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32129.msg406362#msg406362
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2011, 01:52:55 pm »
This is exactly the kind of card idea I like. It's simple, yet it offers many cool possibilities. The choice of element though.. like TakoMan02 said, :fire might fit better, especially since fire is considered a rush element, and you could now try to play your cards as fast as possible, while at the same time try to slow down your opponent. If this was "decay", it should mean something like having to discard 2 cards after 3 rounds or something.

I would also make one small change to the art. Maybe add some cracks in the card or something to signify decay? But that is just cosmetic change.

Other than that, I really like the idea.
Fire might fit better theoretically, but do we really need for fire to have even MORE denial cards? Maybe to preserve the card in the death element and make it seem like the effect SHOULD happen immediately, the names could be changed to "Quick Degradation | Accelerated Decay." But I think that's a small nit pick anyway.

I, too, really like this idea.

anything
blarg: