*Author

Offline artimies7Topic starter

• Reputation Power: 24
  • artimies7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.artimies7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.artimies7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.artimies7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Effectively Super
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Tangle | Snare https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31737.msg401391#msg401391
« on: September 30, 2011, 01:10:44 am »
NAME:
Tangle
ELEMENT:
Life
COST:
:life
TYPE:
Spell
ATK|HP:
TEXT:
Delay all of your opponents' permanents for one turn.
NAME:
Snare
ELEMENT:
Life
COST:
:life
TYPE:
Spell
ATK|HP:
TEXT:
Delay all of your opponents' permanents for one turn.
ART:
Another EDIT: Made by NikaZaslavsky: http://i.imgur.com/PG6xR.png Sorry for the lateness.
IDEA:
artimies7
NOTES:
Soft PC for life. Totally needed. Doesn't stack.
The balance, I'm not sure about. Ideas?

EDIT: Changed it to a spell. Any other balance issues?
SERIES:
Donuts, Noodles, or Bacon?
Whitewalleries! | Noodles, to Victory!

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Facetious trollnotmod
  • Awards: Epic 3 Card Winner - Clockwork GolemBest Recruiter of FriendsBest JournalistBest Chat PainterBattle - Slayer of The Great ChimeraBest Crafted Relic of Other
Re: Tangle | Snare https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31737.msg401397#msg401397
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2011, 01:21:09 am »
Wow. Combine this with mitosis devourer, and you have some serious quanta denial.

• artimies7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.artimies7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.artimies7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.artimies7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Effectively Super
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Tangle | Snare https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31737.msg401398#msg401398
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2011, 01:21:42 am »
Wow. Combine this with mitosis devourer, and you have some serious quanta denial.
See? New deck type for the arena right there.

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Facetious trollnotmod
  • Awards: Epic 3 Card Winner - Clockwork GolemBest Recruiter of FriendsBest JournalistBest Chat PainterBattle - Slayer of The Great ChimeraBest Crafted Relic of Other
Re: Tangle | Snare https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31737.msg401402#msg401402
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2011, 01:26:48 am »
I would suggest making this a spell instead of a permanent. If it was a permanent and could be used every turn, it feels a bit OP if you can just shut down all of your opponent's pillars each turn.

Offline ZephyrPhantom

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Tangle | Snare https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31737.msg401410#msg401410
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2011, 01:44:30 am »
I would suggest making this a spell instead of a permanent. If it was a permanent and could be used every turn, it feels a bit OP if you can just shut down all of your opponent's pillars each turn.
Compare Pulverizer, which is duo and destroys permanents rather than having Upkeep  :life :life to negate a select permanent. I think this is fine as it is - unlike pulverizer, if you fail to pay the cost your opponent can reuse it. A plant that grows to entangle it's users also fits better thematically.

Offline Naesala

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 15th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Tangle | Snare https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31737.msg401416#msg401416
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2011, 02:07:12 am »
I feel like I've seen this before
Your favorite Hotyugh

Offline NikaZaslavsky

• Reputation Power: 10
  • NikaZaslavsky is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.NikaZaslavsky is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Beware The Rainbow Donut of Doom
Re: Tangle | Snare https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31737.msg401425#msg401425
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2011, 02:51:44 am »
Thank you for finally giving me credit. It's a great card, but didn't you say it would absorb :life each turn?
Creepers be creepin'
Builders be weepin'

Offline dragonsdemesne

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Leeeeeeeeeeroyyyyyyyyy....
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2013 WinnerBattle League 1/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2012 3rd Place
Re: Tangle | Snare https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31737.msg401603#msg401603
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2011, 01:46:08 pm »
I'm kinda hoping you meant 'delay target permanent', not 'delay all opponent's permanents'.  If it was just one permanent, I think that would be fairly reasonable, although we'd have to work out what happens to stacks of permanents as well as shields that are delayed.  It would be ridiculous, for instance, to delay an entire stack of pillars so that they didn't produce quanta, but delaying one out of that stack would be fine.

• Effectively Super
Re: Tangle | Snare https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31737.msg401798#msg401798
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2011, 09:26:13 pm »
Thank you for finally giving me credit. It's a great card, but didn't you say it would absorb :life each turn?
If it drained, then your opponent's permanents would always be delayed. Would that be as great? [Well, Dissipation Shield. Flooding. Etc. But still.]

I feel like I've seen this before
There was a similar card posted, but I made sure to change mine enough to make it original.

Compare Pulverizer, which is duo and destroys permanents rather than having Upkeep  :life :life to negate a select permanent. I think this is fine as it is - unlike pulverizer, if you fail to pay the cost your opponent can reuse it. A plant that grows to entangle it's users also fits better thematically.
Well, that's a relief.

I'm kinda hoping you meant 'delay target permanent', not 'delay all opponent's permanents'.  If it was just one permanent, I think that would be fairly reasonable, although we'd have to work out what happens to stacks of permanents as well as shields that are delayed.  It would be ridiculous, for instance, to delay an entire stack of pillars so that they didn't produce quanta, but delaying one out of that stack would be fine.
For what cost? This is a simple delaying tactic, just like Procrastination. Only it costs two life a turn to delay it, and creatures still attack you.

Offline NikaZaslavsky

• NikaZaslavsky is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.NikaZaslavsky is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
Re: Tangle | Snare https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31737.msg401800#msg401800
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2011, 09:27:53 pm »
why would they?
Creepers be creepin'
Builders be weepin'

• Effectively Super
Re: Tangle | Snare https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31737.msg401807#msg401807
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2011, 09:40:04 pm »
why would they?
Would they what? Delay every turn? Well, if it's draining, you're spending quanta every turn. And IMHO, spending quanta every turn = extended ability every turn. And that's not what I was going for.

Offline NikaZaslavsky

Re: Tangle | Snare https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31737.msg401816#msg401816
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2011, 10:02:04 pm »
why would they?
Would they what? Delay every turn? Well, if it's draining, you're spending quanta every turn. And IMHO, spending quanta every turn = extended ability every turn. And that's not what I was going for.
I would think that it would just absorb :life every turn that it's on the field, regardless of whether the ability is used.
Creepers be creepin'
Builders be weepin'

anything
blarg: