*Author

Offline furballdnTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Facetious trollnotmod
  • Awards: Epic 3 Card Winner - Clockwork GolemBest Recruiter of FriendsBest JournalistBest Chat PainterBattle - Slayer of The Great ChimeraBest Crafted Relic of Other
CCOP https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31539.msg398889#msg398889
« on: September 25, 2011, 03:44:09 am »
Crimson Cannons on Propane!
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f2 5f2 5f2 5f2 5f2 5f2 5f5 5f5 5f5 5f6 5f6 5f6 5f7 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 8po

Quanta Index: 4.83

I originally had planned to use this deck for the spellbound tournament, but seeing as I missed it, I felt like I wanted to share this with the rest of the community. I did test this deck a few times on AI3 and I have to say it fairly works well.

The cards I picked were meant to deal with spellless decks like the tournament rules, so that's why it fits in 6 crimson dragons. Crimson dragons are very versatile creatures in a spellless environment as they can't be rewound, devoured by an otuyugh, fit under gravity shield, and bypasses wings. They also have a relatively nice damage to quanta index with a 6/5 ratio. Even if your opponent has a fire shield up or a parasite that can infect your dragons, they can still dish out punishing damage before dying.
The fire shields are there for creature control, as they can take out pesky scarabs, arctic squids, deja vus, and any weak growing creatures like lycanthrope and lava golem.
The three deflags are there to mainly get rid off dimensional shield if your opponent has it or any other pesky permanents your opponent puts out.
There is only one Fahrenheit in the deck as I only had one, but if you have more, feel free to put them into this deck so you can use up the fire quanta that you're stockpiling when waiting for a dragon. Even if you play a dragon, your Fahrenheit hits after your pillars and pendulums generate quanta, so it still deals a lot of damage.

If you want, you could also fit in a few phoenixes.

XesForEyes

Re: CCOP https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31539.msg410429#msg410429
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 06:19:22 pm »
Yea, I think you should swap a shield for a phoenix or something 

Brontos

Re: CCOP https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31539.msg410472#msg410472
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 07:55:42 pm »
Excuse my newbie question, but what is the quanta index? Some sort of ratio of the quanta generated by your deck?

Offline bripod

• Reputation Power: 14
  • bripod is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.bripod is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: CCOP https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31539.msg410765#msg410765
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2011, 03:44:28 am »
I know someone will chime in here and give a grand post about QI, so I'll just give you a simple answer...
QI is a measurement of quanta production versus Quanta usage of a given deck. Arguably, the "perfect" QI is around 5.

Hope that helps till the experts get here... ;)

• Legendary Member
  • furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Facetious trollnotmod
  • Awards: Epic 3 Card Winner - Clockwork GolemBest Recruiter of FriendsBest JournalistBest Chat PainterBattle - Slayer of The Great ChimeraBest Crafted Relic of Other
Re: CCOP https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31539.msg410771#msg410771
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2011, 04:01:28 am »
The deck has a total cost of 87 :fire, and quanta generation of 90 :fire (each pillar/pendulum counts as 5). That gives it a QI of 87/18, or 4.83. If I was to remake this deck today, I'd probably add another Fahrenheit or something. The reason I didn't add a phoenix was because I planned to use this deck in the spellbound tournament, where most CC was banned, so dragons would be pretty powerful as there wasn't much to keep them in check and they're more efficient than phoenixes. Obviously your opponent has CC, so feel free to replace some dragons with phoenixes as they're more slow, but sturdy. Fire shields are for pesky growth creatures.

Offline TribalTrouble

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: CCOP https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31539.msg412159#msg412159
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2011, 10:49:03 pm »
http://www.quantum-index.com/
Can't believe no one posted the actual tool's link. Also, I just realized that decks used in that can be google searched for the code of the deck. So if someone wanted to check for a new fire deck...

Brontos

Re: CCOP https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31539.msg415153#msg415153
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2011, 12:17:06 pm »
Thanks for the clarification & the link.

Offline Phaser

• Reputation Power: 4
  • Phaser is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • EtG is the game I've been playing longest ever...
Re: CCOP https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31539.msg423443#msg423443
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2011, 11:46:31 pm »
At first I thought this was CreatureControlOverPowered but I ended being wrong.
Adding a fire bolt or two won't hurt since you can pile up on quanta and your quanta index is good.
Fire bolts also help against maxwells demon and fallen elf that kill your dragons.
Firestall FTW!

• Legendary Member
  • Facetious trollnotmod
Re: CCOP https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31539.msg423476#msg423476
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2011, 01:02:01 am »
At first I thought this was CreatureControlOverPowered but I ended being wrong.
Adding a fire bolt or two won't hurt since you can pile up on quanta and your quanta index is good.
Fire bolts also help against maxwells demon and fallen elf that kill your dragons.
Well that was my original idea too since I made this deck for the spellbound tournament, so there wouldn't be any spells, and not much creature control :P

Ekki

Re: CCOP https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=31539.msg423575#msg423575
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2011, 04:49:10 am »
Arguably, the "perfect" QI is around 5.
As you said, it's arguable... Actually, most stalls use QI of much more of 5 (I've seen it up to 8 in aether stall, I guess), while some rushes can get it down to 3-3.5.
Right there in the middle, is number 5, so it's called the "perfect number" (which it actually is for most, non-specific decks)

blarg: furballdn