*Author

Active members:
Jappert(1) willng3(2)

Offline willng3Topic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Your tears are delicious
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Arena Deck History Function https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30190.msg383634#msg383634
« on: August 22, 2011, 09:29:38 pm »
So I went away for 8 days recently and had 0 access to the internet during that time.  Before departing I put a deck up in Platinum League that I had high hopes for but was unable to see it win a single duel before that time.  When I came back my deck had been reduced to 1HP, had 50+ wins and 20+ losses but because I was unable to log on at all to monitor it over those 8 days, there was no way to tell at what point that drastic HP reduction had caused me to obtain so many losses.  Also, if my deck had risen to any of the top 10 places then I will likely never know.

So my suggestion is this.  Create a function that is able to tell you how well your deck performs each day while it is in the top 500 for a particular League.  You can make this as simple or as complex as you would like, but I would imagine that keeping it strictly to the amount of wins/losses total (or accumulated to make it easier for people who dislike math I suppose would be another option) after that day + what rank it peaked at during that time would be more than reasonable.  HP remaining at the start of each day would probably be good to include as well

For example, in the case of my deck that I left up last week (purely hypothetical):
Day 1 (submitted):  8 wins, 1 loss, Highest Ranking:  200
Day 2:  16 wins, 3losses, Highest Ranking:  170
Day 3:  24 wins, 6 losses, Highest Ranking:  150
Day 4:  30 wins, 10 losses, Highest Ranking:  140
Day 5:  38 wins, 15 losses, Highest Ranking:  180
Day 6:  45 wins, 21 losses, Highest Ranking:  250
Day 7:  48 wins, 30 losses, Highest Ranking:  416
Day 8:  52 wins, 40 losses, Highest Ranking:  470 (Removed from Top 500)
Day 9:  Not recorded
Where
-The number of wins is the total number of games won by your deck over the entire time that it has been in the Arena
-The number of losses is the total number of games lost by your deck over the entire time that it has been in the Arena
-The Highest Ranking is the highest rank that your deck achieved during the time that it remained at a particular Age (i.e. during the time that the deck was at an Age of 2 days before it aged to 3 days).
-All stats are recorded for each day every time that a deck ages a day.  This recording stops for one day and begins for the next the instant that the Age counter is increased by 1.  For newly submitted decks, the recording obviously starts from the instant that it is submitted.

Not really sure where this would be visible from in game, but I thought I'd just throw this idea out there anyways.
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Forum reigned by my mixtape

Offline Jappert

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: War #4 - Sportsmanship AwardVery Short Story: Who are the Elders? WinnerThe Binder of Elements (Forum Profile Deck Winner)
Re: Arena Deck History Function https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30190.msg383763#msg383763
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 05:32:03 am »
I tried suggesting something like this a few times already. Wouldn't it be much easier to just remember the highest (peak) rank a deck reached? This would be much easier to make visible in the game aswell while it's also the statistic we are all curious about.

Either way, having to run back up from work to check if my deck has dropped down or gained a few ranks is both very annoying and not very precise. It'd be lovely if something like this could be implemented.

Offline willng3Topic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Your tears are delicious
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: Arena Deck History Function https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30190.msg383866#msg383866
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 02:40:52 pm »
I'm sure it would be easier, but I'm not sure if it would be more useful.  Another thought that had occurred to me but I didn't list because it didn't apply to my example is that people that change/modify their decks while keeping the same card I would imagine would like to know how well their modifications affect their winrate and furthermore if their mods were even worthwhile to begin with.  For forgetful people (like me) that lose track of how many games were played during the previous day(s), this would also be quite useful.
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Forum reigned by my mixtape

blarg: