*Author

Offline XenocidiusTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Fear the Darkness ...
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeFavorite Community Member of 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Design a Competition Competition
Mark of Quantum | Mark of Quantum https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29491.msg375800#msg375800
« on: August 05, 2011, 10:39:52 am »
NAME:
Mark of Quantum
ELEMENT:
Other
COST:
TYPE:
Permanent
ATK|HP:
TEXT:
Each turn 3 random quanta are generated
NAME:
Mark of Quantum
ELEMENT:
Other
COST:
TYPE:
Permanent
ATK|HP:
TEXT:
Each turn 3 random quanta are generated. Gain 3 extra quanta when you play this card.
ART:
Bloodshadow
IDEA:
Xenocidius
NOTES:
This has probably been suggested before, but anyway ...
I'm not sure about the name. Could be Mark of Quanta, Mark of Rainbow, Mark of Elements, but I think this name is fine. The unupgraded version would be available through Metamorphosis and tournament wins, where it can be won as a card and upgraded.
It would be interesting to be able to splash rainbow, or make a pure rainbow deck. False Gods would also be interesting with this mark.
SERIES:
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

Offline pikachufan2164

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Phase in, phase out.
  • Awards: Rouser of Willng3 RecruitsWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #5 Winner - Team AetherSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PvP #4 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake 	2nd Trivia Winner
Re: Mark of Quantum | Mark of Quantum https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29491.msg375801#msg375801
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2011, 10:53:44 am »
The original art was made by Bloodshadow, I believe.

Thematically, this just doesn't fit in with the game. The player is an elemental, and the deck's mark represents what kind of elemental the player is. The idea of a Quantum mark has been suggested and shot down many times before. The general consensus:

I don't think that will be happening ever because the Quantum Towers/Pillars are elementals. The reason you have a mark is because it represents you as your Element, since we all play as Elementals in the game. Just three random quantum isn't an element.
I'm doing science, and I'm still alive.

Level 2 Magic Judge.

Offline PlayerOa

• Master of Time
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Time will show
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.20.)14th Trials - Master of Time2nd Elements Reunion Day Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeElements League 3/2019 1st Place13th Trials - Master of TimeWinner of Elements Infinity War #1Silver DonorWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2019 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 1/2019 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake1st Elements Reunion Day Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner7th Trials - Master of TimeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWar #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerMS Paint Card Art #4 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Mark of Quantum | Mark of Quantum https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29491.msg375802#msg375802
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2011, 10:59:34 am »
Yep, Bloodshadow made the art.
War #3 - Life || War #4 - Death || War #5, #6, #7, #9, #13, #14 - Time || War #8, #12 - Air

Offline 0gr0

• Reputation Power: 4
  • 0gr0 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Cereal Guy
Re: Mark of Quantum | Mark of Quantum https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29491.msg376012#msg376012
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2011, 09:28:19 pm »
i dont like the idea
I speak Google Traductor!!

Smurrf

Re: Mark of Quantum | Mark of Quantum https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29491.msg376050#msg376050
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2011, 11:24:48 pm »
i dont like the idea
Comments like this do not help in any way.  Either a quote or some other attribution to an already stated reason OR your own input as to exactly why you don't like an idea is much more constructive, and helps ideas actually evolve.

Offline 0gr0

• Reputation Power: 4
  • 0gr0 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Cereal Guy
Re: Mark of Quantum | Mark of Quantum https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29491.msg376073#msg376073
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2011, 12:23:31 am »
i dont like the idea
Comments like this do not help in any way.  Either a quote or some other attribution to an already stated reason OR your own input as to exactly why you don't like an idea is much more constructive, and helps ideas actually evolve.
sorry, but i think that quantum pendulum or quantum mark are very powerfull
I speak Google Traductor!!

Offline Jenkar

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Heart's made of shadows
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeChampionship League 2/2013 WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake6th Trials - Master of AirWinner of Revive the Archive 2!Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeBeginners League 1/2012 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner5th Trials - Master of AirAvatar of Patience - Winner of the 7 Heavenly Virtues Deck CompetitionBeginners League 3/2011 3rd PlaceC-C-C-Combo Maker Winner!
Re: Mark of Quantum | Mark of Quantum https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29491.msg376204#msg376204
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2011, 07:16:46 am »
No. For one main reason : Mark is what elemental you are. Mark of Quantum means you would be an elemental of no element, which ddoesn't make sense.
The madness is in each of us. Close your eyes, sing, and open your webbed wings to the silent winds.
Beautiful art : http://i.imgur.com/eUhyYCC.png

• Legendary Member
  • Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Fear the Darkness ...
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeFavorite Community Member of 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Design a Competition Competition
Re: Mark of Quantum | Mark of Quantum https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29491.msg376209#msg376209
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2011, 07:24:38 am »
Alright, it seems that the community has given the whole concept the cold shoulder. Let me just explain my point of view:

I've always thought of the Mark as a tattoo of some sort. Like, one might get a tattoo of Darkness marked on their 'arm' to let them access cards of other elements, while using pillars for primary quanta production. In a similar way, this would let them generate various quanta while using specific pillars for main quanta.

After all, Marks are most often used for splashing in low-cost cards from other elements. Do 6 cards from :darkness and 24 from :time make the player a Darkness Elemental just because they have a Mark of Darkness?

So yes, when I posted this, I thought it did fit thematically, but it looks like I was wrong.

Offline Arum

• Reputation Power: 14
  • Arum is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Arum is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Hard hearts for hard days.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Mark of Quantum | Mark of Quantum https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29491.msg376249#msg376249
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2011, 08:26:35 am »
He actually has a point.   I feel this would be good in the game, if you hvae a rainbow or FG killer or a trio,quad deck.   I think  his explaination is valid, though i think i would explain marks as kinda what you are basically made up of, so a Mark of Quanta means you are like a shapeshifter elemental.  Anything that says
The original art was made by Bloodshadow, I believe.

Thematically, this just doesn't fit in with the game. The player is an elemental, and the deck's mark represents what kind of elemental the player is. The idea of a Quantum mark has been suggested and shot down many times before. The general consensus:

I don't think that will be happening ever because the Quantum Towers/Pillars are elementals. The reason you have a mark is because it represents you as your Element, since we all play as Elementals in the game. Just three random quantum isn't an element.

Quantum Tower/Pillars ARE NOT ELEMENTALS. They are an object that produces quantum.  The mark thing, see above post.  Please put links for the other Mark of Quantum topics, etc.

Curator Comment Play with fire and you'll get burned. Now stop flaming please.
O M A M
M o n s t e r s
A n d
M e n

Offline ZephyrPhantom

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Mark of Quantum | Mark of Quantum https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29491.msg376354#msg376354
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2011, 02:12:47 pm »
Perhaps you'd want to take a look at this thread (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,23167.0.html), for reasons why a Quantum Mark isn't in this game.

That being said I still think one would make a good tournament prize as was suggested in the thread.

• Legendary Member
  • Fear the Darkness ...
Re: Mark of Quantum | Mark of Quantum https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29491.msg376362#msg376362
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2011, 02:31:19 pm »
The community is hilariously harsh on this idea. Although the argument about pendulums is feeble - it's effectively a Quantum Pendulum in reverse. Speaking of Quantum Pendulums, are there any suggestions for that in the Armory yet?

EDIT: Whoop, I found it: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,14083.0.html (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,14083.0.html). I knew I'd seen it before.

Offline Jenkar

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Heart's made of shadows
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeChampionship League 2/2013 WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake6th Trials - Master of AirWinner of Revive the Archive 2!Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeBeginners League 1/2012 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner5th Trials - Master of AirAvatar of Patience - Winner of the 7 Heavenly Virtues Deck CompetitionBeginners League 3/2011 3rd PlaceC-C-C-Combo Maker Winner!
Re: Mark of Quantum | Mark of Quantum https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29491.msg376367#msg376367
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2011, 02:41:58 pm »
I think the decision will, in the end, be zanzs. Now that i think about it, we'll need to ask him in chat.
The madness is in each of us. Close your eyes, sing, and open your webbed wings to the silent winds.
Beautiful art : http://i.imgur.com/eUhyYCC.png

anything
blarg: