*Author

Offline bucky1andonly

• Reputation Power: 9
  • bucky1andonly is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Voting: Shard Revolution (Final Phase) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29418.msg377434#msg377434
« Reply #60 on: August 08, 2011, 07:42:15 pm »
Shard Of Will is far superior to Shard Of Balance in terms of balance, little bland on the creativity though, but it would make more sense for SoW to be in the vote than SoB (<---- that's what i thought when i saw that shard in the vote, sob)

@essence
to be able to stop ALL of a players permanents at once for even the minimum of 2 turns is OP.  you wouldnt be playing with a lot, if any, permanents while using this shard, and you dont even need water creatures.  this pretty much shuts any stall deck down, since most use permanents, and one card should not have the power to shut down so many decks.  you could use this with any speedbow and you now have the means to defeat every single stall deck that could have once been a threat.

this means no sogs, no hourglass, no shield, no weapon, the only thing the player can now use is spells to stall, which is not as effective alone.  even a destroyer rush can use these to stop the stalls, since the cost is only 3 random, even a cremated photon can shut down a stall.  this goes into any rush deck, and no stall deck should win, that makes it OP

Offline moomoose

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 37
  • moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • I'm big in Japan.
  • Awards: Winner of the Mark Redesign competition!
Re: Voting: Shard Revolution (Final Phase) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29418.msg378553#msg378553
« Reply #61 on: August 10, 2011, 03:00:12 pm »
almost time?

its ovar!

...intuition? youve got to be shivving me.
moose dont say moo.

Offline Jenkar

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Heart's made of shadows
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeChampionship League 2/2013 WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake6th Trials - Master of AirWinner of Revive the Archive 2!Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeBeginners League 1/2012 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner5th Trials - Master of AirAvatar of Patience - Winner of the 7 Heavenly Virtues Deck CompetitionBeginners League 3/2011 3rd PlaceC-C-C-Combo Maker Winner!
Re: Voting: Shard Revolution (Final Phase) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29418.msg378576#msg378576
« Reply #62 on: August 10, 2011, 03:47:27 pm »
Seriously?
Guys. Intuition was the worst shard possible, and it won. It's OP. It's also UP if it doesn't work. It has no balance. It can't work without entropy. It has too much randomness. Did i say it was unbalanced? It's also badly designed, breaks the 6 card rule (we saw what fractal did with it, see the cost of fractal), and shouldn't even have passed the first votes.
Zanzarino must be crying. Or his head exploded, whichever.

Also. The three best designed ones are in the least voted. Yayz!
The madness is in each of us. Close your eyes, sing, and open your webbed wings to the silent winds.
Beautiful art : http://i.imgur.com/eUhyYCC.png

kirchj33

Re: Voting: Shard Revolution (Final Phase) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29418.msg378580#msg378580
« Reply #63 on: August 10, 2011, 03:55:13 pm »
"I <3 the winner"

-TADAbow

Offline ZephyrPhantom

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Voting: Shard Revolution (Final Phase) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29418.msg378583#msg378583
« Reply #64 on: August 10, 2011, 04:07:27 pm »
@Jenkar - there are two cards with 7 votes. Which one makes your top 3?

Offline moomoose

• Legendary Member
  • moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • I'm big in Japan.
Re: Voting: Shard Revolution (Final Phase) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29418.msg378588#msg378588
« Reply #65 on: August 10, 2011, 04:16:37 pm »
even farmer joe would have been a better selection than intuition, jeeze.  i really wanted those 3 card designer points :(  iirc this is the second time ive come in second in a card design competition, the other time i lost to the person who likely caused the advertising rules to be put into place lol.  this one kinda hurts more.

jenkar- slight disagreement, knowledge was the best designed ;)

moose dont say moo.

Offline Jenkar

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Heart's made of shadows
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeChampionship League 2/2013 WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake6th Trials - Master of AirWinner of Revive the Archive 2!Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeBeginners League 1/2012 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner5th Trials - Master of AirAvatar of Patience - Winner of the 7 Heavenly Virtues Deck CompetitionBeginners League 3/2011 3rd PlaceC-C-C-Combo Maker Winner!
Re: Voting: Shard Revolution (Final Phase) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29418.msg378595#msg378595
« Reply #66 on: August 10, 2011, 04:33:18 pm »
@Jenkar - there are two cards with 7 votes. Which one makes your top 3?
Restraint.
The madness is in each of us. Close your eyes, sing, and open your webbed wings to the silent winds.
Beautiful art : http://i.imgur.com/eUhyYCC.png

Offline 10 men

• Reputation Power: 0
  • 10 men hides under a Cloak.
  • Honesty is the privilege of the infallible
  • Awards: 6th Trials - Master of TimeWinner of Draft #3 - PvP EventWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner5th Trials - Master of Time4th Trials - Master of TimeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerShard Revolution WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWar #2 Winner - Team Entropy
Re: Voting: Shard Revolution (Final Phase) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29418.msg378614#msg378614
« Reply #67 on: August 10, 2011, 05:14:30 pm »
Thanks for the congratulations everyone ^-^ oh no haters

Well, I'm just going to say one thing: I hate randomness. I really do. If I had to pick a Top 5 of my least favourite cards in EtG, Mutation, Fate Egg and Dusk Mantle would probably be among them. One thing however that you learn when you play for Team Entropy for 2 Wars or just are a smart person is that not everything that says random has randomness in it.

Discord "randomly" scrambles the opponents quanta pool. What this means is that it totally kills any mono or duo deck that hasn't taken a specific counter.
Chaos Seed inflicts a "random" effect on a creature. What this means is that it's an extremely efficient tool for killing creatures with 2 or less HP.
Fallen Druid produces a "random" mutant every turn. What this means is that the opponent either kills it or will soon face an invincible army, regardless of what exact mutants are created.
Pandemonium inflicts a "random" effect on every creature. What this means is that it will still kill enough to charge up your Bone Wall.

There are on the other hand also cards that are extremely random in gameplay, but where Zanzarino wasn't so friendly to put the word "random" on them.

Scorpions require you to draw a two card combination in which neither piece doesn't do anything without the other.
Silence has a very strong effect... If you manage to power it out on turn 1 otp with the help of Towers.
Black Hole has a very strong effect, but only if you managed to randomly draw a Discord before.

So please before you bash my card, think about the meaning of randomness, and try to find out what's really random about a card. That is all, thank you very much.

Ps: Thanks to everyone who voted for my Shard! :D
"My big fear is that one day I may become so vain that I will quote myself in my own signature."  ---  10 men

Offline moomoose

• Legendary Member
  • I'm big in Japan.
Re: Voting: Shard Revolution (Final Phase) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29418.msg378625#msg378625
« Reply #68 on: August 10, 2011, 05:40:28 pm »
it doesnt fit at all what zanz was looking for, it does not function in any way without :entropy .
moose dont say moo.

Offline dracomageat

• Reputation Power: 15
  • dracomageat is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.dracomageat is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.dracomageat is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Lord of Magnetism... ...Maybe.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Voting: Shard Revolution (Final Phase) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29418.msg378645#msg378645
« Reply #69 on: August 10, 2011, 06:09:02 pm »
Yep. Not what was wanted in the slightest but the best of a load of bad ideas nonetheless.

Offline moomoose

• Legendary Member
  • I'm big in Japan.
Re: Voting: Shard Revolution (Final Phase) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29418.msg378669#msg378669
« Reply #70 on: August 10, 2011, 06:42:16 pm »
if you think either that all the ideas were bad, or that that was the best, remind me not to care about your opinion on anything :p
moose dont say moo.

Offline n00b

• Reputation Power: 21
  • n00b is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.n00b is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.n00b is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.n00b is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Nom.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Voting: Shard Revolution (Final Phase) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29418.msg378690#msg378690
« Reply #71 on: August 10, 2011, 07:11:43 pm »
Good job whoever won, but I must admit I am kind of surprised at the poll results.
Gone for awhile now, though I still pop by from time to time.

blarg: