*Author

Offline SevenSapiensTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 1
  • SevenSapiens is a Spark waiting for a buff.
Frozen Hourglass | Frozen Hourglass https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29302.msg373665#msg373665
« on: July 30, 2011, 04:17:04 pm »
NAME:
Frozen Hourglass
ELEMENT:
Water
COST:
4 :water
TYPE:
Permanent
ATK|HP:
TEXT:
You do not draw cards at the start of your turn.
:time :time :time : Precognition
NAME:
Frozen Hourglass
ELEMENT:
Water
COST:
4 :water
TYPE:
Permanent
ATK|HP:
TEXT:
You do not draw cards at the start of your turn.
:time :time : Precognition
ART:
Public domain. (source )
IDEA:
SevenSapiens
NOTES:
SERIES:

Offline The_Mormegil

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • Intelligence is overrated.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #5 Winner - Team AetherTeam PvP WinnerNew Slot Winner - FamiliarDeadly Sin Winner - GluttonyFirst Budosei of BudokanWinner of Revive the Archive
Re: Frozen Hourglass | Frozen Hourglass https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29302.msg373666#msg373666
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2011, 04:21:18 pm »
This might be better as a permanent. Why should a frozen hourglass attack? Nice idea, btw, I like it. It might also be better in :water, as time already has eternity to avoid deckout.
[18:21:43] jmdt: elements is just math over top of a GUI
Kakerlake: I believe that there is no God as in something that can think by itself and does stuff that sounds way OP.

Re: Frozen Hourglass | Frozen Hourglass https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29302.msg373672#msg373672
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2011, 04:50:23 pm »
Changing it to a permanent was a good idea (I don't even know why I made it as a creature, at first). Anyway I'll keep the :time element, since I think it fits better with the concept of the card.

Offline mildlyfrightenedboy

• Reputation Power: 9
  • mildlyfrightenedboy is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • The Lady of Clockwork
Re: Frozen Hourglass | Frozen Hourglass https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29302.msg373732#msg373732
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2011, 07:10:40 pm »
EDIT:  Ah, overlooked the word 'you'.
New question:  If you use Hasten / Precognition when this is active, do you draw a card?
This thing seemed dead inside. It seemed like an automaton, trying to act like as if it was alive. The effect was unsettling.
Orianna made a sound that supposed to a girl's squeal of glee and hugged The Ball. While it might have been touching, it was unfortunately only horrifying.

Offline Frostguard

• Reputation Power: 2
  • Frostguard is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Frozen Hourglass | Frozen Hourglass https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29302.msg373735#msg373735
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2011, 07:17:46 pm »
Changing it to a permanent was a good idea (I don't even know why I made it as a creature, at first). Anyway I'll keep the :time element, since I think it fits better with the concept of the card.
I don't wish to interrupt, but I also think that it should be water, or at least not time. Like The Mormegil said, Time has already got a method to prevent decking out.

Re: Frozen Hourglass | Frozen Hourglass https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29302.msg373744#msg373744
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2011, 07:34:23 pm »
If you play two Time towers and a Frozen Hourglass on your first turn when you and your opponent have no cards in your hand that you can play, is the game then over?  (I know that this is unlikely, but it is possible.)
Uh, no. The card effect affects only you, and it clearly states that. So it's more like you block yourself from doing anything unless your opponent destroys this card, so it wouldn't be very smart if you did it.

I don't wish to interrupt, but I also think that it should be water, or at least not time. Like The Mormegil said, Time has already got a method to prevent decking out.
Well, I'll think about that. But I'll have to change the art and name of the card, also (maybe I change it back to a creature, then).

Offline Frostguard

• Reputation Power: 2
  • Frostguard is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Frozen Hourglass | Frozen Hourglass https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29302.msg373751#msg373751
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2011, 07:43:19 pm »
If you play two Time towers and a Frozen Hourglass on your first turn when you and your opponent have no cards in your hand that you can play, is the game then over?  (I know that this is unlikely, but it is possible.)
Uh, no. The card effect affects only you, and it clearly states that. So it's more like you block yourself from doing anything unless your opponent destroys this card, so it wouldn't be very smart if you did it.

Well, I'll think about that. But I'll have to change the art and name of the card, also (maybe I change it back to a creature, then).
No, I think that wouldn't be necessary. The term 'frozen' suits at least as well to Water as 'hourglass' does to Time.

Offline The_Mormegil

• Legendary Member
  • The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #5 Winner - Team AetherTeam PvP WinnerNew Slot Winner - FamiliarDeadly Sin Winner - GluttonyFirst Budosei of BudokanWinner of Revive the Archive
Re: Frozen Hourglass | Frozen Hourglass https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29302.msg373787#msg373787
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2011, 09:08:41 pm »
If you're worried the theme doesn't really fit, you may actually convert this into a water permanent with a time active ability. For instance:

"You do not draw cards at the start of your turn.
:time :time :time: Precognition
Draw a card and see the opponent's hand."

This might require an increase in cost, possibly to 4 :water quanta, and upped might have an ability cost reduction.
Kakerlake: I believe that there is no God as in something that can think by itself and does stuff that sounds way OP.

Offline dragonsdemesne

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Leeeeeeeeeeroyyyyyyyyy....
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2013 WinnerBattle League 1/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2012 3rd Place
Re: Frozen Hourglass | Frozen Hourglass https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29302.msg373862#msg373862
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2011, 02:35:50 am »
Like others said, I think with the given name this card should be in water.  Also, as has been said, Time already has Eternity to do this sort of thing.  I like the idea of adding another minor ability to the card beyond preventing deckout, because as is it would probably be rarely used except in very niche decks.  Mormegil's idea of having it cast precognition is alright; that also fits the hourglass theme, and it's costed fairly.  Thematically, Freeze/Congeal would also make sense as an effect for a frozen object to cast. 

Offline The_Mormegil

• Legendary Member
Re: Frozen Hourglass | Frozen Hourglass https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29302.msg373899#msg373899
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2011, 07:17:50 am »
Like others said, I think with the given name this card should be in water.  Also, as has been said, Time already has Eternity to do this sort of thing.  I like the idea of adding another minor ability to the card beyond preventing deckout, because as is it would probably be rarely used except in very niche decks.  Mormegil's idea of having it cast precognition is alright; that also fits the hourglass theme, and it's costed fairly.  Thematically, Freeze/Congeal would also make sense as an effect for a frozen object to cast.
I'm afraid Freeze / Congeal on a permanent seems rather strong. Also, I'd prefer this to have a :time activated ability, but that's just me.

Re: Frozen Hourglass | Frozen Hourglass https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29302.msg374079#msg374079
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2011, 09:51:38 pm »
OK. Now this is a Water card with precognition.

Guess I'll have to think a lot before accepting any other suggestions.

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Frozen Hourglass | Frozen Hourglass https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29302.msg375817#msg375817
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2011, 12:11:30 pm »
CURATOR COMMENT
-You MUST include a link to the source of the image if the image doesn't come from you (i.e. - it's from the public domain, so we need to check if it really is a public domain picture). If you cannot provide the link, you must change the art.

So you basically prevent yourself from drawing new cards as long as is up? I wonder how this could be exploited in a rainbow deck (like CCYB) to avoid deck-out situations... >.>

blarg: