*Author

Offline 10 menTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 0
  • 10 men hides under a Cloak.
  • Honesty is the privilege of the infallible
  • Awards: 6th Trials - Master of TimeWinner of Draft #3 - PvP EventWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner5th Trials - Master of Time4th Trials - Master of TimeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerShard Revolution WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWar #2 Winner - Team Entropy
Shard of Restoration | Shard of Restoration https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29298.msg373629#msg373629
« on: July 30, 2011, 02:52:32 pm »
NAME: Shard of Restoration
ELEMENT: Other
COST: 5
TYPE: Permanent
ATK|HP: -
TEXT: Everytime you draw a card, you heal 3 HP.
NAME: Shard of Restoration
ELEMENT: Other
COST: 4
TYPE: Permanent
ATK|HP: -
TEXT: Everytime you draw a card, you heal 3 HP
ART: Zanzarino
IDEA: The Mormegil & 10 men
NOTES: With the advent of the new Shard cycle, plan was to make Shard of Readiness the new time-aligned Shard. However, I don't know a single person who would like Shard of Readiness as a Time card. :)) The card is just so underpowered and narrow. So I thought about what could be a better Shard for Time and remembered The Mormegil's old Flowing Time | Revolving Time (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,18896.0.html) idea.

I think this would make a perfect shard for :time as with the probable nerf of SoG for all non-Life Elements, :time desperately needs some healing. Also the mechanic just seems so elegant; the card works for every Element but best for  :time, without wasting space with stuff like "gives random bonus if you have a :time mark" or "drain all your non- :time quanta".
SERIES: -
"My big fear is that one day I may become so vain that I will quote myself in my own signature."  ---  10 men

Offline dragonsdemesne

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Leeeeeeeeeeroyyyyyyyyy....
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2013 WinnerBattle League 1/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2012 3rd Place
Re: Shard of Restauration | Shard of Restauration https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29298.msg373630#msg373630
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2011, 02:55:13 pm »
This would be overpowered in my rainbow deck with 6 hourglasses :p  It's a pretty cool idea, but I think it might be too good; maybe it should only heal 2 hp each time?  Also, the card name should be "Shard of Restoration".

• Awards: 6th Trials - Master of TimeWinner of Draft #3 - PvP EventWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner5th Trials - Master of Time4th Trials - Master of TimeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerShard Revolution WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWar #2 Winner - Team Entropy
Re: Shard of Restoration | Shard of Restoration https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29298.msg373634#msg373634
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2011, 03:07:41 pm »
This would be overpowered in my rainbow deck with 6 hourglasses :p 
Probably not better than SoG is now, this would obviously be better later in the game but usually what matters most is the early game and there SoG still heals more.

Thanks for pointing out the typo, not sure why I took the French spelling here...
"My big fear is that one day I may become so vain that I will quote myself in my own signature."  ---  10 men

Offline The_Mormegil

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • Intelligence is overrated.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #5 Winner - Team AetherTeam PvP WinnerNew Slot Winner - FamiliarDeadly Sin Winner - GluttonyFirst Budosei of BudokanWinner of Revive the Archive
Re: Shard of Restoration | Shard of Restoration https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29298.msg373649#msg373649
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2011, 03:36:42 pm »
I agree with 10 men here. Apart from being a nice concept ( :)) ) I also think Shard of Readiness is pretty underpowered and... focused. With the broad use you can make of SoG, SoD, even SoS probably, Shard of Readiness is pretty limited. It wastes a card slot and generally hasn't got many uses. Also, the mechanics here fit Zanzarino's description of how a shard should be like and are, indeed, elegant.
[18:21:43] jmdt: elements is just math over top of a GUI
Kakerlake: I believe that there is no God as in something that can think by itself and does stuff that sounds way OP.

Hodari

Re: Shard of Restoration | Shard of Restoration https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29298.msg373685#msg373685
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2011, 05:30:06 pm »
This would be overpowered in my rainbow deck with 6 hourglasses :p 
Probably not better than SoG is now, this would obviously be better later in the game but usually what matters most is the early game and there SoG still heals more.

Thanks for pointing out the typo, not sure why I took the French spelling here...
I'd say healing matters much more mid to late game.  Early on, you're not going to be taking much damage most of the time anyway and by the time you do start taking large amounts of damage  against anything but a pure rush deck, you'd probably have had time to get several hourglasses out.  With 6 of these shards and 6 hourglasses, you could keep healing yourself to full every turn as long as you had enough cards left in your deck(which of course would be the hard part, but maybe a flying eternity deck with a few other creatures could manage it).  Still given how many cards all that would involve, not sure it would be overpowered at all. 

Offline Pineapple

• Legendary Member
  • Pineapple hides under a Cloak.
  • Master of Cake
  • Awards: Silver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Shard of Restoration | Shard of Restoration https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29298.msg373697#msg373697
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2011, 05:48:42 pm »
With 6 hourglasses, you'd better have enough quanta to power them all, and when you do, your deck is well over 40 cards. It'll be hard to draw enough hourglasses and SoRs. SoGs are better than Sancs only because you can play them early on and survive through the first bit of rushing by False Gods, or even by PvP decks. Most decks win in 7-10 turns, even if they're not "pure" rushes. An early SoG halves their damage, but still doesn't completely nullify it without CC. And during mid-game, you usually have enough quanta to decently control the field and limit the damage under whatever your SoGs can heal.

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Shard of Restoration | Shard of Restoration https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29298.msg375893#msg375893
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2011, 03:08:38 pm »
CURATOR COMMENT
-The image you used for the Shard of Restoration contradicts in the bottom right corner (the spell/permanent images are overlapping). You can try using this image (you may have to resize it unfortunately >_<) for the image instead: -Your card idea is EXACTLY like one in the Forge Archive: Flowing Time | Revolving Time
 (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,18896.0.html)

In regards to the latter statement, are you submitting this idea as a 'rework' of The Mormegil's concept? It's increasingly difficult to not see the exact similarity between the two cards (excluding the cost, aesthetic changes, and slight wording change). Fail on me not reading the last few pages of that topic.

Please provide a link to Mormegil's archived idea. ^^; that's all I ask.

Offline moomoose

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 37
  • moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • I'm big in Japan.
  • Awards: Winner of the Mark Redesign competition!
Re: Shard of Restoration | Shard of Restoration https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29298.msg375901#msg375901
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2011, 03:21:21 pm »
is 'restoration' really a virtue? the series is named "shards of virtue", so imo if you are going to make a shard card, it should be named after an established virtue, otherwise id just retheme it as a non-shard altogether.
moose dont say moo.

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Shard of Restoration | Shard of Restoration https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29298.msg375915#msg375915
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2011, 04:30:39 pm »
Please provide a link to Mormegil's archived idea. ^^; that's all I ask.
Already there:

So I thought about what could be a better Shard for Time and remembered The Mormegil's old Flowing Time | Revolving Time (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,18896.0.html) idea.

Also, while Zanz has named the current shards after virtues, he has not specifically named the series 'Shards of Virtue', as far as I know.
discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

Re: Shard of Restoration | Shard of Restoration https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29298.msg376074#msg376074
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2011, 12:25:38 am »
CURATOR COMMENT
-The image you used for the Shard of Restoration contradicts in the bottom right corner (the spell/permanent images are overlapping). You can try using this image (you may have to resize it unfortunately >_<) for the image instead:
Thanks for that image, I modified the op. :) I did not edit the link in however, that was there already. :P

is 'restoration' really a virtue? the series is named "shards of virtue", so imo if you are going to make a shard card, it should be named after an established virtue, otherwise id just retheme it as a non-shard altogether.
If Light can claim Divinity as a "virtue" then Time can have Restoration imo.
I think Restoration fits very well for a Time Shard.

Offline moomoose

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 37
  • moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • I'm big in Japan.
  • Awards: Winner of the Mark Redesign competition!
Re: Shard of Restoration | Shard of Restoration https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29298.msg376077#msg376077
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2011, 12:29:16 am »
divinity is the virtue of being divine, restoration isnt the virtue of being restor...something.
moose dont say moo.

Re: Shard of Restoration | Shard of Restoration https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29298.msg376082#msg376082
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2011, 12:40:49 am »
Yeah but Divinity is not really a real-life virtue either.
What it comes down to is that this Shard of Virtue thing was decided by Kuroaitou for the Shard competition, it's not a setting by Zanz. I don't think he chose the names given so far so that they are all virtues.

blarg: