*Author

Offline RutareteTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Dark Prince | Dark King https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28336.msg362122#msg362122
« on: July 07, 2011, 01:58:12 am »
NAME:
Dark Prince
ELEMENT:
Darkness
COST:
5 :darkness
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
1|6
TEXT:
:darkness :darkness Anoint: Target creature is anointed and gains +1/+1.
If this King dies, deal 5 damage to all anointed creatures.
NAME:
Dark King
ELEMENT:
Darkness
COST:
5 :darkness
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
1|5
TEXT:
:darkness Anoint: Target creature is anointed and gains +1/+1.
If this King dies, deal 5 damage to all anointed creatures.
ART:
Emerald Tiger
IDEA:
EmeraldTiger, Rutarete
NOTES:
Should the Anoint ability stack or not? Should Anoint give more then +1/+1?
SERIES:
NAME:
Monarch
ELEMENT:
Darkness
COST:
5 :drakness
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
1/3
TEXT:
:darkness :darkness Annoint: Target creature is annointed and gains +1/+1.
Beholden: If this creature dies, all annointed creatures die.
NAME:
King
ELEMENT:
Darkness
COST:
4 :darkness
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
1/5
TEXT:
:darkness Annoint: Target creature is annointed and gains +1/+1.
Beholden: If this creature dies, all annointed creatures die.
ART:
Emerald Tiger
IDEA:
EmeraldTiger, Rutarete
NOTES:
Should the Anoint ability stack or not? Should Anoint give more then +1/+1?
SERIES:
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

Offline XYTWO

• Reputation Power: 7
  • XYTWO is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Existing Card Rework #2 Winner
Re: Monarch | King https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28336.msg362128#msg362128
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 02:12:24 am »
Interesting concept, but I would tone down the anointing penalty, as zanz dislikes insta-kills. Possibly deal 5 damage instead?

• Legendary Member
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Monarch | King https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28336.msg362141#msg362141
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 02:48:19 am »
Interesting concept, but I would tone down the anointing penalty, as zanz dislikes insta-kills. Possibly deal 5 damage instead?
Agreed. 5 damage sounds good.

Images will be updated soon.
My Decks

Smurrf

Re: Monarch | King https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28336.msg362163#msg362163
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 03:38:46 am »
Monarch and King by themselves have a (mostly, at least) good connotation, one that does not fit in the Darkness element.  I can see why this is a  :darkness card, but it needs something in front of those words to bring the theme on over.

• Legendary Member
Re: Monarch | King https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28336.msg363358#msg363358
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2011, 07:10:08 pm »
Monarch and King by themselves have a (mostly, at least) good connotation, one that does not fit in the Darkness element.  I can see why this is a  :darkness card, but it needs something in front of those words to bring the theme on over.
Horrendous King/Monarch?
Loathsome King/Monarch?
Hideous King/Monarch?

Any of these work?
For the moment I'll put Dark | Evil

Edit: Also I'm having trouble thinking of a wording to fit 'deals 5 damage to anointed creatures'
My Decks

Smurrf

Re: Monarch | King https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28336.msg363361#msg363361
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2011, 07:18:59 pm »
Maybe Tyrant & Despot?

Offline EmeraldTiger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 61
  • EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • :life :aether
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Monarch | King https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28336.msg363867#msg363867
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2011, 05:55:40 pm »
What would be best thing to happen if this dies?
If Nowhere is Somewhere, and Somewhere is Over there, How can we be Anywhere?
:life :aether

AngeDeMort

Re: Monarch | King https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28336.msg364128#msg364128
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2011, 03:15:43 am »
What would be best thing to happen if this dies?
You kill all of your opponent creatures because you anointed all of them?

Offline Pineapple

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Pineapple hides under a Cloak.
  • Master of Cake
  • Awards: Silver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Monarch | King https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28336.msg364132#msg364132
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2011, 03:19:14 am »
Annoint: +3/+3, -5/-5 if king dies.

Also, I'd increase the HPs to 7 and costs to 5 for both. The -1 skill cost is enough for an upped buff.

• Legendary Member
Re: Monarch | King https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28336.msg366124#msg366124
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2011, 09:29:17 pm »
Images are being updated atm.
Updated. What are your thoughts now?

This will be put on hold for 3 weeks for RL activities.
But, ET might take over progress here.

My Decks

Offline SnoWeb

• Reputation Power: 23
  • SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: War #2 Winner - Team Entropy
Re: Monarch | King https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28336.msg381573#msg381573
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2011, 06:54:22 am »
Interesting idea.

What happens if you have 2 kings in play (Kings A and B)? Both anointed several creatures (A1, A2, A3, B1 and B2) . When King A dies does the damage also applies to creatures B1 and B2. The wording says it should but it might be better (more strategic) if it was separated. And then if both kings are killed, how much damage is dealt to each creature it should be 10 with the present wording but again ... a slight modification might be nice. I don't know about the coding though.

Concerning the name:
Unupped: Dark king, fine. I would maybe have chosen something more religious (like dark priest or Guru) but King is fine.
Upped: Evil Monarch. Meh. First, calling a creature evil because it lives in the shadow is a bit too simplistic IMO and second, Monarch is a generic name which does not really fit here. If you stay with the king theme, then I would go for Dark Emperor. It could also be Prince and King, etc. ...

Concerning the balance:
I find the un-upped perfect as it is. You can use it as a mass-buffer or as a twisted CC (If you kill my King, all my dunes will die but your dragon will too).
For the upped version the strategy is kind of altered. Give your opponent's creature a +3|+3 and the death of the king might not kill it (even a ruby dragon a shrieker or a GotP). Then you loose the main edge of the card. In this case, Patch's idea might be interesting: if the king dies applies -3|-5 (and -5|-7 upped). However, it might not be necessary. I would rather lower the ability cost of the monarch and keep the rest identical. Therefore it is simply better to have the upped card.

Concerning the ability: Should the Anoint ability stack or not? Should Anoint give more then +1/+1?
I would say if it stays at +1|+1 (even upped) then it should stack. That's why I thought the religious thing was thematically better (the more time you spend with your guru the more fervent you become).
However, being able to chain the blessings (+3|+3) would be bad.

Offline Ajit

• Reputation Power: 15
  • Ajit is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Ajit is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Ajit is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Awards: Winner of the Card Border Redesign
Re: Monarch | King https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28336.msg381705#msg381705
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2011, 05:15:44 pm »
Very interesting concept mate :)

keep it up.  I feel like the card could be cheaper, and then raise the HP of each card by one.  That way the upped card has a significant advantage of having the 5 hp that is destroyable in one spell.

blarg: