*Author

Offline LegitTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 18
  • Legit is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Legit is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Legit is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Laxydaxy drives a taxi
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWar #3 Winner - Team FirePsuedo-Element Winner (Tech)
Crossing Swords by Essence, Hosted by ddevans96 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28209.msg360278#msg360278
« on: July 03, 2011, 08:52:46 pm »
Crossing Swords

Please do not post until the host has posted. This is a melee game playable by up to 16 people, but signups have to end before the game starts -- no latecomers.

Rules:

The rules are simple.  Every player has 10 moves to choose from, and starts with 20 HP and 0 VP.

Every turn, each player chooses a move, and which player he will target with it, and he PMs the move to the host.  Once all of the players have selected the host receives all of the player's moves and targets, he reveals all of the moves and targets to everyone, and all calculations of damage are made.  For every point of damage dealt to a player, one of their HPs is moved to the VP pool of the player that dealt the damage.  When only one player is left, that player moves all of his life counters over to his VP pool.  All players then count up their VP, and the player with the most VP wins.

Strike: (Attack) - Deal 3 damage to target player.

Lunge: (Attack) - Deal 5 damage to target player.  If that player damages you this turn, he deals 3 additional damage to you -- plus 6 MORE damage if you were Focused on him.

Assail: (Attack) - Deal 1 damage to every player.  Target player's Defense cards cannot reduce this damage. You cannot gain more than 8 VP from this move on any one turn.

Dodge: (Defense) - Target player's (Attack) cards deal no damage to you this turn, and 3 less damage to you next turn.  All other (Attack) cards deal 3 less damage to you this turn.

Block: (Defense) - All (Attack) cards deal 2 less damage to you this turn.  If target player targets you with an (Attack) card this turn, deal 2 damage to him.

Riposte: (Defense) - If target player targets you with an (Attack) card this turn, it's damage is reduced to zero, and you deal 3 damage to him.

Taunt: (Action) - Steal 3 counters from target player's Victory Pool.  All other player's (Attack) cards deal 1 extra damage to you this turn.

Focus: (Action) - If you use an (Attack) card on target player next turn, you deal twice your normal damage, plus one.  (Damage-reducing effects apply after Focus is applied.)   

Mend: (Action) - Add 3 counters to target player's Life Pool -- or 7 counters if you Focused last turn (regardless of the target of your Focus).  Gain 1 Victory Point.

Halt: (Action) - If target player plays an (Action) card, you deal 3 damage to him or her and negate the effect of the (Action) he played.  If two players Halt each other at the same time, nothing happens.

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Crossing Swords by Essence, Hosted by ddevans96 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28209.msg360279#msg360279
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2011, 08:53:31 pm »
Players signed up:

RavingRabbidThe MormegilTerrokingNepycros1world24EssenceQuantumTMalebolgiaaigelSeraphKorugarplastiqeblazkenZergKingBonestormOnizuka
discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

Offline RavingRabbid

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 85
  • RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Lord Seagull
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition: The Face of Mother NatureSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake7th Trials - Master of WaterWinner of Warrior's Preparation - PvP Event14 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PVP #1 Winner5th Trials - Master of Water3rd Trials - Master of WaterChampionship League 3/2011 WinnerWinner of 2nd Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 2nd Element Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Element Quiz LeagueChampionship League 2/2011 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake3-Man Team PvP #1 Winner
Re: Crossing Swords by Essence, Hosted by ddevans96 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28209.msg360281#msg360281
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2011, 08:58:28 pm »
Moo. IN!
There are things worse than eating tuna directly from the tin

Offline The_Mormegil

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • Intelligence is overrated.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #5 Winner - Team AetherTeam PvP WinnerNew Slot Winner - FamiliarDeadly Sin Winner - GluttonyFirst Budosei of BudokanWinner of Revive the Archive
Re: Crossing Swords by Essence, Hosted by ddevans96 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28209.msg360286#msg360286
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2011, 09:09:04 pm »
In. :)
[18:21:43] jmdt: elements is just math over top of a GUI
Kakerlake: I believe that there is no God as in something that can think by itself and does stuff that sounds way OP.

Offline Terroking

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • The best practice is experience.
  • Awards: Silver DonorSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Earth2nd Trials - Master of Earth1st Trials - Master of EarthWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2010 2nd Place9th Tournament 1st PlaceDesign A Quest 1st PlaceSS competition #1 2ndHalfblood Recruiter
Re: Crossing Swords by Essence, Hosted by ddevans96 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28209.msg360287#msg360287
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2011, 09:10:01 pm »
Quote from: The Mormegil link=topic=http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28209.msg385157#msg385157 date=1309727344
In. :)
I ask nothing of humanity but fairness in all things, but I do not expect even that.

Offline Nepycros

• Legendary Member
  • Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • My creativity was OP, so I had to nerf it.
Re: Crossing Swords by Essence, Hosted by ddevans96 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28209.msg360294#msg360294
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2011, 09:27:59 pm »
In.
Perception is the source of misunderstanding.

Why, yes. I do have a Mindgate necklace. It's how I ninja everyone.

Offline 1world24

• Reputation Power: 8
  • 1world24 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Gone about 8 months
Re: Crossing Swords by Essence, Hosted by ddevans96 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28209.msg360309#msg360309
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2011, 10:20:59 pm »
must join

Offline Essence

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Voice of the Oracle -- Jezzie's Pimp -- Often Gone
  • Awards: 2nd Trials - Master of Water1st Trials - Master of WaterFG Deck-Designer - The OutcastsShard Madness! Competition WinnerEpic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerElder Recruiter
Re: Crossing Swords by Essence, Hosted by ddevans96 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28209.msg360314#msg360314
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2011, 10:40:05 pm »
Quote from: RavingRabbid link=topic=http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28209.msg385152#msg385152 date=1309726708
Moo. IN!
^^ This.
If something happens and you think it deserves my attention, feel free to PM me. Other than that, I'm probably here if you want to shoot the breeze.

Offline Nepycros

• Legendary Member
  • Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • My creativity was OP, so I had to nerf it.
Re: Crossing Swords by Essence, Hosted by ddevans96 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28209.msg360321#msg360321
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2011, 10:48:47 pm »
Can our Health go higher than 20? Could I start the game with Focus + Mend?
Perception is the source of misunderstanding.

Why, yes. I do have a Mindgate necklace. It's how I ninja everyone.

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Crossing Swords by Essence, Hosted by ddevans96 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28209.msg360325#msg360325
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2011, 11:03:16 pm »
Quote from: Nepycros link=topic=http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28209.msg385196#msg385196 date=1309733327
Can our Health go higher than 20? Could I start the game with Focus + Mend?
I'm not actually sure - I would suppose yes, but this is Essence's game, he may have reasons for a different answer.
discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

Offline Essence

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Voice of the Oracle -- Jezzie's Pimp -- Often Gone
  • Awards: 2nd Trials - Master of Water1st Trials - Master of WaterFG Deck-Designer - The OutcastsShard Madness! Competition WinnerEpic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerElder Recruiter
Re: Crossing Swords by Essence, Hosted by ddevans96 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28209.msg360329#msg360329
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2011, 11:12:23 pm »
There's no reason why it can't. In the tabletop version we played with d20s for HP, so it was limited, but I do believe in the last round of the Forum Game, we had people exceed 20 HP without any real problems.  Go for it. :)
If something happens and you think it deserves my attention, feel free to PM me. Other than that, I'm probably here if you want to shoot the breeze.

QuantumT

Re: Crossing Swords by Essence, Hosted by ddevans96 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28209.msg360961#msg360961
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2011, 04:25:41 am »
I'll join.

blarg: