*Author

Offline EssenceTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Voice of the Oracle -- Jezzie's Pimp -- Often Gone
  • Awards: 2nd Trials - Master of Water1st Trials - Master of WaterFG Deck-Designer - The OutcastsShard Madness! Competition WinnerEpic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerElder Recruiter
The Lone Hero [rainbow][unupped][Bronze League] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28142.msg359273#msg359273
« on: July 01, 2011, 05:15:21 pm »
This is my current unupped Bronze League deck on my alt account.  I consistently get to the 5th ring and then lose.  It needs just a tiny bit of help to get over the curve and start winning me some rares.  Any ideas?

Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
4vh 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 52o 52o 55q 55u 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 590 590 590 590 590 590 596 5bu 5f6 5if 5lf 5og 5ur 61q 8pm

The Lone Hero is the Iridium Warden, which singlehandedly wins me about 50% of my games. With Blessing or Momentum, he gets even better, but even without them he's known for holding off 8-12 damage per turn for 4-6 turns at a go; better than any mere shield.  Other than that, everything here is straightforward: attack, attack, attack.  My only rares thus far are Discord and Vamp Dagger, so don't suggest Arsenic plzkthxbai!
If something happens and you think it deserves my attention, feel free to PM me. Other than that, I'm probably here if you want to shoot the breeze.

Offline TheCrazyMango

• Reputation Power: 21
  • TheCrazyMango is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheCrazyMango is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheCrazyMango is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheCrazyMango is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Some call me 9270984, some call me numbers.
  • Awards: Winner of the 1st MetamorphosisSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: The Lone Hero [rainbow][unupped][Bronze League] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28142.msg359275#msg359275
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2011, 05:19:23 pm »
what kind of decks do you lose to?
[17:26:47] Iman00b8: Firestalls are like Jews... most people make fun of them and say this dislike 'em, but in the end they use them to make them money.

Offline Mithcairion

• Reputation Power: 12
  • Mithcairion is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Mithcairion is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Nerf the Shards, Buff the Cards!
Re: The Lone Hero [rainbow][unupped][Bronze League] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28142.msg359277#msg359277
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2011, 05:21:24 pm »
Not knowing exactly what is causing your deck to lose, would you be better served with running your Discord instead of the Lycan and a Nightmare instead of the Vampire Stiletto?
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein
“Those who dwell among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life.” - Rachel Carson

Offline The_Mormegil

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • Intelligence is overrated.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #5 Winner - Team AetherTeam PvP WinnerNew Slot Winner - FamiliarDeadly Sin Winner - GluttonyFirst Budosei of BudokanWinner of Revive the Archive
Re: The Lone Hero [rainbow][unupped][Bronze League] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28142.msg359288#msg359288
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2011, 05:40:15 pm »
Off the top of my head:
Code: [Select]
4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vl 52o 55q 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 590 590 590 590 590 596 596 5c1 5c1 5f6 5f6 5lf 5og 5og 61q 61q
I would aim for aether grabbybow, though. I think it works better.
[18:21:43] jmdt: elements is just math over top of a GUI
Kakerlake: I believe that there is no God as in something that can think by itself and does stuff that sounds way OP.

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: The Lone Hero [rainbow][unupped][Bronze League] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28142.msg359292#msg359292
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2011, 05:46:33 pm »
Got my first spin in bronze with this:

4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4vh 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 52q 52q 55q 55u 590 590 590 590 596 5c1 5f6 5f6 5if 5lf 5og 5og 5v1 61q 8pm

Of course I didn't win anything, but of the 10 games I played with this, the warden sadly only helped me win 2. How has the warden been winning so many game for you?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 10:21:46 pm by ddevans96 »
discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

Offline CCCombobreaker

• Reputation Power: 16
  • CCCombobreaker is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.CCCombobreaker is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.CCCombobreaker is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Sometimes still here...
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerScreenshot #3 Competition WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: The Lone Hero [rainbow][unupped][Bronze League] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28142.msg359296#msg359296
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2011, 05:55:04 pm »
-fireeater
-frog
-poison(both)
+ adrenaline (on blessed warden this is win)
+ fleshspider
+ another warden
+another deflag

The adrenaline pretty good with either shreikers or the blessed warden, a second warden improves your mitigation and the ability to nullify enemy creatures with abilities.  The flesh spider let's you remove airborne off things so your warden can kill them, and is also a decent attacker, and most arena decks run at least 2 troublesome permanents.  Also nothing saddens me like getting phase shieled hard and never drawing the 1 deflag.

Deckbuilding mad scientist.  Come by and hang out in my stream!

• Legendary Member
  • Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Awards: 2nd Trials - Master of Water1st Trials - Master of WaterFG Deck-Designer - The OutcastsShard Madness! Competition WinnerEpic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerElder Recruiter
Re: The Lone Hero [rainbow][unupped][Bronze League] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28142.msg359298#msg359298
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2011, 05:57:28 pm »
Re: ddevans -- There's just a lot of blatant creature rushes in Bronze right now, and the Warden lets me trade 1 :earth + 1:earth /turn for stopping and occasionally killing anything from a Bone Dragon to a Lava Golem.  It's never targeted by enemy CC because it's always flanked by Shriekers, so it just gets left there to completely shut down a big chunk of my opponent's attacking power.

As to the decks that I often lose to, somewhat ironically immediately after posting this I went on a currently 13-game winning streak so I'm having a hard time cataloging losses to formulate an intelligent response.  Once my luck changes again I'll let you know. :D

Re: CCCComboBreaker -- Flesh Spider sounds like a brilliant move.  I'll try it, and +Rep.

Adrenaline, however, costs 4 which means it's basically a dead card for 2/3rds of the game...not sure it's worth it.
If something happens and you think it deserves my attention, feel free to PM me. Other than that, I'm probably here if you want to shoot the breeze.

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: The Lone Hero [rainbow][unupped][Bronze League] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28142.msg359300#msg359300
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2011, 06:03:54 pm »
hm, the only time I really needed the warden was against a fire spirit rainbow. Usually I left my graboids burrowed until the final blow, unless my other creatures weren't getting CC'ed. There's tons of decks in bronze league though, so maybe we're playing completely different decks :)

The spirit I would say is much better than the frog. Adrenaline might be a nice replacement for it too. Getting a fog shield out early helped me in around half my games as well.
discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

• Legendary Member
Re: The Lone Hero [rainbow][unupped][Bronze League] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28142.msg359302#msg359302
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2011, 06:07:44 pm »

What means 'aether grabbybow'?

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Your tears are delicious
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: The Lone Hero [rainbow][unupped][Bronze League] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28142.msg359305#msg359305
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2011, 06:08:37 pm »

What means 'aether grabbybow'?
Any of the various Graboid Rainbows Team Aether used during War #3.  They really do work quite well.

But that aside, this deck looks very interesting.  I'd agree on dropping the Frog for a Forest Spirit though.
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Forum reigned by my mixtape

Offline TheCrazyMango

• Reputation Power: 21
  • TheCrazyMango is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheCrazyMango is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheCrazyMango is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheCrazyMango is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Some call me 9270984, some call me numbers.
  • Awards: Winner of the 1st MetamorphosisSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: The Lone Hero [rainbow][unupped][Bronze League] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28142.msg359355#msg359355
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2011, 07:33:30 pm »
4sa 4sa 4sa 4vi 4vi 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 52o 52o 55t 590 590 590 590 590 590 596 596 5bu 5f6 5f6 5if 5lf 5og 5og 5v1 8pm

this is what ive been playing around with, ive been running into rushes alot, so i used bundles (yes i just said bundles) of control
[17:26:47] Iman00b8: Firestalls are like Jews... most people make fun of them and say this dislike 'em, but in the end they use them to make them money.

Offline Baily18

• Reputation Power: 9
  • Baily18 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: The Lone Hero [rainbow][unupped][Bronze League] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28142.msg359431#msg359431
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2011, 10:30:31 pm »
I think Adrenaline would be too expensive for it to see much use. I might go -1 Poison +1 Fog Shield, fog shield helped alot in the games i played so far.

anything
blarg: Essence,9270984