*Author

Offline HyroenTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • like. follow. tweet.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWar #10 Winner - Team AirSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSkill of the Elemental : Mark of ProtectionWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Jewel | Jewel https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27009.msg343293#msg343293
« on: May 30, 2011, 04:49:14 pm »
NAME:
Jewel
ELEMENT:
Other
COST:
TYPE:
Permanent
ATK|HP:
TEXT:
1 : Essence
Sacrifice target creature,
generate a pillar of its
element.
NAME:
Jewel
ELEMENT:
Other
COST:
TYPE:
Permanent
ATK|HP:
TEXT:
1 : Essence
Sacrifice target creature,
generate a pillar of its
element.
ART:
Zblader provided THIS (http://www.sxc.hu/photo/1134742).
Art by jc 2086.
IDEA:
Hyroen
NOTES:
: 1 Mirror Quanta.

Mirror quanta are used to denote 1 quanta matching your mark. No longer will we have to explain that the cost must match the mark.

Other quanta has always been used to refer to an absolute amount of quanta regardless of elemental affinity. In my opinion, this is one view, and can be denoted by :rainbow. The problem with Other quanta has always been the balancing issue that arises by the playing of Cremation or Supernova.

We are entering a new age.Please just ask and credit. Then it's yours to use.
Jewel may sacrifice any amount of your own creatures and does not swap its elemental production, it accumulates.

e.g. Sacrifice 1 Photon, Jewel produces 1 :light Light Tower. Sacrifice 1 Voodoo Doll the next turn, Jewel will now produce an :darkness Obsidian Tower.

I'm hoping in-game mechanics support this idea. Regardless, hopefully this may serve as inspiration.

SERIES:
WAR X - TEAM :air AIR

[EtG Council]   |   [Card Ideas & Art]   |   [Guilds]

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Jewel | Jewel https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27009.msg343294#msg343294
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 04:52:12 pm »
So for the upped when using the ability you gain one of your mark? If not, what does the negative sign do?
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

• Legendary Member
  • Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • like. follow. tweet.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWar #10 Winner - Team AirSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSkill of the Elemental : Mark of ProtectionWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Jewel | Jewel https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27009.msg343297#msg343297
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 04:53:19 pm »
Exactly, I was hoping I wouldn't need to explain.

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Jewel | Jewel https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27009.msg343308#msg343308
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2011, 05:21:02 pm »
A lower casting cost is an alternative to the negative activation cost.
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

• Legendary Member
  • like. follow. tweet.
Re: Jewel | Jewel https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27009.msg343310#msg343310
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2011, 05:24:23 pm »
Would it be a superior alternative?

Offline The_Mormegil

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • Intelligence is overrated.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #5 Winner - Team AetherTeam PvP WinnerNew Slot Winner - FamiliarDeadly Sin Winner - GluttonyFirst Budosei of BudokanWinner of Revive the Archive
Re: Jewel | Jewel https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27009.msg343313#msg343313
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2011, 05:30:58 pm »
I believe that it would be. This card introduces a new mechanic already. No need to use two when it would be easier (and possibly more balanced) to just use one. A 1 :mirror quanta cost for the upped might be good IMO.
[18:21:43] jmdt: elements is just math over top of a GUI
Kakerlake: I believe that there is no God as in something that can think by itself and does stuff that sounds way OP.

Offline ZephyrPhantom

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Jewel | Jewel https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27009.msg343328#msg343328
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2011, 05:53:24 pm »
I agree with the other two on the lower cost instead of negative quantum. It would be interesting to see in another card though, thinking of Masochist's Orb (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,7994.0.html).

Source Image : http://www.sxc.hu/photo/1134742

• Legendary Member
  • like. follow. tweet.
Re: Jewel | Jewel https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27009.msg343337#msg343337
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2011, 06:08:25 pm »
Perfect art. Thanks! I'll credit you and sxc.

Good to know that my ideas aren't just under dust. ^_^
I should submit the good ones to the Crucible. Hmm...

Aside, I'll be removing the - 1 Mirror Quanta concept and reducing the Jewel (upgraded) playing cost by 2 . Done.

Let's see what happens after.

Offline Jenkar

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Heart's made of shadows
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeChampionship League 2/2013 WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake6th Trials - Master of AirWinner of Revive the Archive 2!Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeBeginners League 1/2012 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner5th Trials - Master of AirAvatar of Patience - Winner of the 7 Heavenly Virtues Deck CompetitionBeginners League 3/2011 3rd PlaceC-C-C-Combo Maker Winner!
Re: Jewel | Jewel https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27009.msg343383#msg343383
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2011, 07:10:34 pm »
I like it. Alot.
The madness is in each of us. Close your eyes, sing, and open your webbed wings to the silent winds.
Beautiful art : http://i.imgur.com/eUhyYCC.png

Offline artimies7

• Reputation Power: 24
  • artimies7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.artimies7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.artimies7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.artimies7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Effectively Super
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Jewel | Jewel https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27009.msg343421#msg343421
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2011, 08:00:40 pm »
I like it. Alot.
I concur. I would like this in my tri-element deck.

Question: If I selected a Forest Scorpion one turn, then I selected a Horned Frog, would it generate two  :life a turn?
Donuts, Noodles, or Bacon?
Whitewalleries! | Noodles, to Victory!

• Legendary Member
  • like. follow. tweet.
Re: Jewel | Jewel https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27009.msg343679#msg343679
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2011, 02:58:58 am »
I concur. I would like this in my tri-element deck.

Question: If I selected a Forest Scorpion one turn, then I selected a Horned Frog, would it generate two  :life a turn?
I would say yes, does it seem OP?

Saynt

Re: Jewel | Jewel https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27009.msg343683#msg343683
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2011, 03:01:44 am »
The wording seems to suggest that only the specific type of quanta is generated, and the number of quanta generated is not cumulative... If there are more than one Jewels in play, would they each individually generate quanta according to creatures sacrificed for each copy individually?

anything
blarg: