*Author

Offline WizardcatTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Wizardcat hides under a Cloak.
  • Psychic-Type
  • Awards: War #6 Winner - Team AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerFG Deck-Designer - Dark Ages
(Darkness) Lt. Wizardcat 2 - (Earth) Lt. Terroking 0 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25579.msg326162#msg326162
« on: May 03, 2011, 08:44:21 pm »
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 5ol 5ol 5ol 5ol 5ol 5oo 5oo 5oo 5oo 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 5uk 5uk 5uk 5um 5um 5um 5um 5um 5um 5up 5up 5up 5up 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 7gq 7gq 7um 8pr

Welcome to this episode of 'Decks You Will Only See In War'. I'm today's host, Wizard J. Cat. This unsightly specimen was created by myself in an attempt to counter many of Earth's decks.

Game 1: Lots of early Novas and Devourers, few pillars or pends. He didn't start with many, either, and the Devourers did really well at draining Terro's earth quanta. He wasn't able to reach the 3 :earth needed for a Graboid for several turns thanks to them. By then, I had an Owl's Eye trained on the battlefield, vigilant for the signs of an unprotected Shrieker. I played my Purifies after the first Graboid arrived, neatly negating its damage. I saved up Sundials, Wings and quanta, waiting patiently. Not knowing of Terro's Reverse Times, I used Hasten without restraint; this could have led to a loss if the RNG had been more forgiving. We desynced somewhat near the end of the game. Terro continued playing, lost to the AI, and conceded the game. I'm grateful, Terro, for both your honor and that I didn't need to play more long games.

Game 2: Both of us had bad hands. He lacked Graboids and I lacked quanta, especially Novas. The way he kept destroying my Pends with his Earthquakes did not help when it came to my Air quanta and I had to depend on my Mark for most of it. Because of this, I delayed putting out my OE until I was sure I could chain Wings even with quanta being used from Sniping Shriekers. He rewound my Devourers, presumably in the hope that it would prevent me from drawing the cards I'd need to survive. This was not the case, as I already had several Wings and Sundials; I was just trying to put off playing them for as long as I could. We desynced when he had five cards left. When my AI played a Wings that turn, Terro conceded.

I really have to applaud Terroking's sportsmanship. Great player, great person.
The dogs of war are nothing compared to the cats.

Offline Terroking

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • The best practice is experience.
  • Awards: Silver DonorSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Earth2nd Trials - Master of Earth1st Trials - Master of EarthWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2010 2nd Place9th Tournament 1st PlaceDesign A Quest 1st PlaceSS competition #1 2ndHalfblood Recruiter
Re: (Darkness) Lt. Wizardcat 2 - (Earth) Lt. Terroking 0 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25579.msg326169#msg326169
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 08:51:26 pm »
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 590 590 590 593 593 593 593 594 594 5aa 5aa 5aa 5aa 5rk 5rk 5rk 5rk 5rk 5rk 77g 77g 77g 8ps

Well, I was countered pretty hard here, though I could have pulled a surprise win for the first match by using RT on my own Shriekers to deck him out (He'd used hasten on Dials a few times so it would have worked, but he'd never have let me get a second win out of it) had I been able to draw one of my Stone Skins by the time I only had 3 (Give or take) cards left. I started pretty badly with 1 pillar for a few rounds but honestly it didn't matter considering the matchup. Though he could have been playing Fractal Steam Machines and beat me with that draw.

Anyways, after I said how I could have won in chat, I knew he wouldn't use Hasten anyways, so I figured the only chance of victory was to rush him before he could get out Wings/OE. (Hey, I lost to an Adren/Staves deck with a Carapace/Healing deck, it can happen) Unfortunately, my hand contained only 1 Graboid for the first ~20 cards, and by that time I knew it was long past the point where I could rush him, however remote the chance of it was at the beginning.

GGs.

Also: I bestow upon you a new title: Wizardcat, Bane of Earth. If you want it, anyway ;)
I ask nothing of humanity but fairness in all things, but I do not expect even that.

Offline Mithcairion

• Reputation Power: 12
  • Mithcairion is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Mithcairion is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Nerf the Shards, Buff the Cards!
Re: (Darkness) Lt. Wizardcat 2 - (Earth) Lt. Terroking 0 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25579.msg326176#msg326176
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 08:57:00 pm »
Great job adjusting your deck, Wiz.  Terro's title for you would be well-deserved, should you decide to take it.

Terro, great sportsmanship on your part considering the desyncs.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein
“Those who dwell among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life.” - Rachel Carson

anything
blarg: Wizardcat,Terroking