*Author

mrmoocky

Fire everything! Trio Trebuchet https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25467.msg324479#msg324479
« on: May 01, 2011, 07:49:28 pm »
"Sir, we're out of ammo!" Called one of the Armagio trebuchet operators.
"Well, what do we have left?" The commander asked.
"Dolls." Responded the Armagio.
"Well then, turn them ROCKS, and then THROW THEM." Said the commander, as if it was obvious.
"But sir, that's retarded." The Armagio pointed out.
"You dare question my orders? YOU'RE FIRED!" Screamed the commander.
"You can't fire me! We're in the middle of a bat-" The Armagio was cut short as he was shot at the enemy.
"His gallant sacrifice will be remembered for all eternity." The commander said solemnly.
"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa." Remarked the now airborne Armagio.
Shedding a single tear, the commander looked at his remaining Armagios, and shouted
"FIRE EVERYTHING!"

Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
746 746 746 746 746 74h 74h 74h 74h 77l 77l 77l 77l 77l 77l 78q 78q 78q 7tg 7tg 7tg 7tg 7tg 7tg 7um 7um 7um 7um 7um 7um 8pl

Now, just by looking at it, the deck looks like it'd take forever to start working. But in actuality it's quite fast. Play the pendulums, get a trebuchet out, and just start firing your creatures. Playing creatures as you need them will prevent CC. Obviously damaging CC wouldn't be a problem but it helps to avoid reverse times and mutations. Pulverizers (and other weapons) are no problem because Basilisk Blooding a Voodoo Doll will timefreeze opponents' weapons for 5 turns. If you're worried about steals/explosions you could add some protect artifacts. If you're taking heavy damage Gravity Pull an Elite Armagio and heal it with Basilisk Bloods. Alternatively just add some SOGs, or experiment with Black Holes. Opponent shields and sundials are irrelevant so permanent  control is not needed. Thought some steals to take opponent SOGS might be a good idea.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 03:17:20 am by willng3 »

Tea is good

Re: Fire everything! Trio Trebuchet https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25467.msg324487#msg324487
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 07:56:32 pm »
The story is beautiful.

thoughts on the deck; wouldn't you want grav pendies and another mark so that you can play trebuchets first then creatures later. Also, can you put some gravity pulls in there so you can use the ever popular bb/grav pull/ voodoo doll combo when needed?

Re: Fire everything! Trio Trebuchet https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25467.msg324490#msg324490
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2011, 07:58:51 pm »
Animated Titans might be good... Better than Dolls, and keeps it mono.

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Your tears are delicious
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: Fire everything! Trio Trebuchet https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25467.msg324493#msg324493
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2011, 08:02:28 pm »
Animated Titans might be good... Better than Dolls, and keeps it mono.
That makes it a trio (Air, Gravity, Earth).

Titans might be better than Dolls.  On one hand you need an Animate Weapon and a Titan to get it to work with Catapult, but on the other you need :darkness Pendulums and Voodoo Doll to get that to work.  Titan also deals damage in the weapon slot while you wait.
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Forum reigned by my mixtape

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Fire everything! Trio Trebuchet https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25467.msg324501#msg324501
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2011, 08:07:32 pm »
It would function as a duo though. 

I would replace some of the armagios with overdrives - they're good with spare dolls. I also think that many BBs isn't needed, and a couple could be replaced with more pends for better draws.
discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

mrmoocky

Re: Fire everything! Trio Trebuchet https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25467.msg324509#msg324509
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2011, 08:16:56 pm »
9 pendulums is enough, the deck doesn't use much quantum. And the BBs are the very efficient damage, +20 defense for only 1 quantum cost.

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Your tears are delicious
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: Fire everything! Trio Trebuchet https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25467.msg324511#msg324511
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2011, 08:18:59 pm »
Forum defines the deck as a trio, therefore it is a trio.  Regardless of how it functions, it's defined that way, and I'd prefer not giving people the false idea that a deck consisting of 24 :fire cards and 6 Sparks is a mono deck just because it functions that way.  Especially considering that's more decks for us to relocate in the future.

Last thing I wanted was for that discussion to resurface.  Perhaps something we can agree on:  It's not a mono.
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Forum reigned by my mixtape

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Fire everything! Trio Trebuchet https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25467.msg324720#msg324720
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2011, 01:05:00 am »
Forum defines the deck as a trio, therefore it is a trio.  Regardless of how it functions, it's defined that way, and I'd prefer not giving people the false idea that a deck consisting of 24 :fire cards and 6 Sparks is a mono deck just because it functions that way.  Especially considering that's more decks for us to relocate in the future.

Last thing I wanted was for that discussion to resurface.  Perhaps something we can agree on:  It's not a mono.
I know that, and that wasn't my point. I thought you were critiquing his suggestion for a deck, saying it would still be a trio and therefore not as effective (hence why I said 'it would function as a duo), not repeating the forum definition.

I definitely don't need a lecture on how the forum defines a deck.
discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

Re: Fire everything! Trio Trebuchet https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25467.msg325436#msg325436
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2011, 01:11:22 am »

I know that, and that wasn't my point. I thought you were critiquing his suggestion for a deck, saying it would still be a trio and therefore not as effective (hence why I said 'it would function as a duo), not repeating the forum definition.

I definitely don't need a lecture on how the forum defines a deck.
I suppose that would be true.

CPU24/7

Re: Fire everything! Trio Trebuchet https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25467.msg326786#msg326786
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2011, 04:46:00 pm »
cool story

"Fire in the hole!" shouts CPU24/7, killing the commander

Offline Blazken

• Reputation Power: 1
  • Blazken is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Fired up for war
Re: Fire everything! Trio Trebuchet https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25467.msg327921#msg327921
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2011, 10:59:43 pm »
Nice Story....

Re: Fire everything! Trio Trebuchet https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25467.msg327923#msg327923
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2011, 11:00:38 pm »
GFs will be nice
BB'd GF'd dolls are win

anything
blarg: