*Author

Offline EvaRiaTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • I~am~Eva, ~Chillwind~ I~am~Ria, ~Searwind~
  • Awards: War #5 Winner - Team Aether
General Rules for Deck Building (Quanta) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=24337.msg310752#msg310752
« on: April 13, 2011, 12:27:27 am »
Just some thoughts I had about deckbuilding.

Upkeep:

Some creatures have an ability that are optimal when activated every turn. As a general rule, if your deck is based around these abilities, you should have at least as many quanta generators as the maximum upkeep in the deck.

For example, if you have 6 Chrysaoras, you should have at least 6 Bone Pillars in your deck (Or Equivalent).

Pillars Vs. Pendulums:

While in general using pendulums is more stable than pillars, there are a few exceptions. Sometimes you have a creature that is good to get out on the first turn that costs 2 quanta. A good example is the Devourer. In that case, a pillar split gives you a chance of getting one out early rather than the delay that pendulums give. In these scenarios it you may choose to use a pillar split.

Instant Quanta Generation:

As a general rule, if you rely on instant quanta, then you should not have more creatures than is possible to play with the quanta you produce.

Immolation/Cremation:

The main attacker in an Immo Deck should be playable with one Immolation. Off element cards (If any) should be few and cost no more than 1-2 quanta.

Nova:

General Rule applies. With 6 novas, you shouldn't expect to see more than 2 early. For this reason, unless you have alternate sources, nothing powered by novas should cost more than 2 Quanta.

Super Nova:

See Nova, except with 4 quanta. Also, since you must generate :entropy to use Supernova, you should make your mark :entropy or use pendulums to supply it.

Just some thoughts, let me know if you have any more I could add.

Ifailgood

Re: General Rules for Deck Building (Quanta) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=24337.msg310756#msg310756
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 12:33:33 am »
What about marks?

If the deck contains a few cards of the same element with extremely low cost that is not of the main element of the deck, then they can be simply powered by the mark instead of pillars/pendulums.

Re: General Rules for Deck Building (Quanta) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=24337.msg310757#msg310757
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 12:36:13 am »
since I use immo/cremate a lot:
- I know it's obvious, but: use a lot of :fire cards!!!
- it's ok to use some fire pillars or pends, BUT always test, with immo, QI is very inaccurate, I suggest 10 games to find good pillar count
- cards from other elements costing 3 quanta is ok, but only if you have the mark of that element (i.e. grabbix uses a lot of graboids, and :earth mark)
- cards from other element costing 4 or more quanta is VERY rare, but I have had good experiences with wings in a immo deck (unupped wings, not upped), with :air mark, since wings last for 5 turns, with mark, you can play one every 5 turns, so it's possible to chain. I think dim shields can also work, but ONLY if you have >4 fire pends, or aether pillars

anything
blarg: