*Author

Bedouin's Prayer (Hope/Dune) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=24094.msg307729#msg307729
« on: April 07, 2011, 09:08:10 pm »
This deck is mostly for PvP fun, I've been rolling it in PvP1 and it's crazy fun with reliable draws!  I don't see a concept quite like it in this forum, so here goes... this was inspired in part by a deck I recently saw that used Elite Deja Vu in conjunction with Adrenaline.  I forget who posted it, if anyone has a link please pass it along.

Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
5lf 5lf 5lf 5lh 5lh 5lj 5lj 5lj 5lj 5lj 5lj 5lk 5lk 5lk 5lk 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rh 5rh 5rh 5rh 5rh 5rh 5rk 5rk 5rk 5rk 5rt 5rt 5rt 8ps

So many pillars and Hope cards are for reliable draws.  Every Deja Vu you draw means 2 Hope counters, and with Luciferines aplenty, this has stood up very well against a mono-Aether Lobo deck.  If you can get a Dune Scorp prepped quickly enough, it should hold up against RoL-Hope as well, though that isn't too common in PvP1.

If you start with only one Luciferin and multiple Deja Vus, play and copy them all before you cast the spell.  If you start with multiple Luciferines, gauge your Deja Vu count by your expected quanta, so you can light them the same turn you copy them.  Example: you start with 2 pillars, 3 Deja Vu, 2 Luciferin.  Second turn play only TWO Deja Vu, third turn you'll have just enough quanta to copy both and pop a Luciferin.  This will get your Light quanta going earlier.

Interesting unforeseen side-effect of packing Reverse Time (I originally went with 6, but had trouble drawing a Deja Vu early enough) - it can be used on a copied Deja Vu in order to get it to copy again.  In the game where I faced a Lobotomizer, I rewound a blank Deja Vu several times in order to burst 2-3 out at once and get at least a couple of them copied.  Thus, this deck can get 16 Deja Vu on the field, not 12.  Reverse Times serve a triple purple (whoops, meant to type purpose!  haha) - the above tactic, offensive, and anti-deckout.  If this deck can't kill with Neurotoxin, it can deckout a lot of 30-card opponents.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 03:54:52 am by willng3 »

Offline Seraph

• Reputation Power: 7
  • Seraph is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Bedouin's Prayer (Hope/Dune) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=24094.msg308909#msg308909
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2011, 06:24:48 pm »
I believe you are thinking of the one by SG.

HeartNotes

Re: Bedouin's Prayer (Hope/Dune) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=24094.msg309125#msg309125
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 01:31:23 am »
How inventive! Great concept, I can't wait to give it a spin for T50 fun.

I don't understand why you don't use any Sundials or Golden Hourglasses for draw power, though! You could drop a bunch of those Hope shields to make room.

Offline BloodlinE

• Reputation Power: 7
  • BloodlinE is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Singularities are cool. Don't bother complaining
Re: Bedouin's Prayer (Hope/Dune) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=24094.msg309135#msg309135
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2011, 01:57:39 am »
yea.
you should drop a shield.
-1 hope +5 sundial?
it helps to stall.
"The Brighter the flame the deeper the shadow"

Offline unknown89089

• Reputation Power: 2
  • unknown89089 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Meh
Re: Bedouin's Prayer (Hope/Dune) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=24094.msg309174#msg309174
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2011, 03:06:16 am »
Might be the one by hrmmmm

Re: Bedouin's Prayer (Hope/Dune) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=24094.msg310965#msg310965
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2011, 11:23:47 am »
I have been testing the -1 hope, +5 (er, 6) sundial... and I don't really like it.  If you don't draw a Deja Vu first turn or shortly after, you are DEAD.  There is no way to get any damage or defense out at all, and Sundials don't help because it's just an extra draw and you can't get the Hasten without a Deja Vu to Luciferize.  In fact, I'm thinking of tossing a couple time pillars to slim the deck a little.

Sticking to the original, for my part!

The really fun bit about this deck is that your opponent doesn't see ANY Light-ness until the first Luciferin.  It's all Time pillars and mark, and he'll see all these little Deja Vus coming out and think to himself, "I can outrush this."  He may even be packing CC cards, but probably won't use them because he's waiting for a bigger target.  Then Hope comes out and he's dead.

twixy10

Re: Bedouin's Prayer (Hope/Dune) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=24094.msg313045#msg313045
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2011, 06:54:06 pm »
How well does this work upped?
And what would the changes you would make if this ran upped?

Are SOG's helpfull (upped) against poison and momentum

I really Like Dune Scorpions decks, and although this deck's focus lies elsewhere, it is a fun deck :D

this is the upped version i would find logical (almost the same):

Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
5lk 5lk 5lk 5lk 7jv 7jv 7jv 7k1 7k1 7k3 7k3 7k3 7k3 7k3 7k3 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q1 7q1 7q1 7q1 7q1 7q1 7q4 7q4 7q4 7q4 7qd 7qd 7qd 7ri 7ri 7ri 8ps

changes:
- everthing upped (even hope, which becomes 8 Light quanta in stead of 7 for a +1 shield boost).
- also time pendulums to decrease the effect of earthquake.
-  -1 time pendulum (making total pendulums/towers 7 in stead of 8 ) because of the upped form you need less time towers (and one of the weak points: not drawing enough deja vu's get's a little less worse).

Re: Bedouin's Prayer (Hope/Dune) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=24094.msg313170#msg313170
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2011, 09:39:42 pm »
Thing with Dune Scorps is that their poison tends to be slow and requires a buff to work.  Thus, the best way to use them is to combo with something that has stall capabilities... Time has some, but it's rather limited (Rewind/Procrastination), and Time itself has no buffing.  When I saw the potential in Deja Vu for carrying a crazy amount of Luminescence abilities via Luciferin, the rest built itself.

One MAJOR weakness of this deck: reactive shields like Fire Buckler, and mass CC spells like Thunderstorm.  A single Fire Buckler will cripple you late-game, and totally shut you down if played early.  Single-target CC spells are of little avail - with many Luciferines, you can resist Lobotomize easily, and unless your opponent has an Owl's Eye or targets Dejas before they replicate, it's a LOT of targets to kill.  As I mentioned, a great advantage in this respect is that when your opponent sees a Deja Vu, he will be reluctant to burn a CC spell on it, preferring to wait for something bigger.

Due to the troublesome nature of Fire Buckler and also Thorn Carapace, if you upped this deck, Unstoppables would be an amazing addition!  With Time Towers and Gravity Mark, you will also seem to be a Pharaoh/Scarab deck, causing your opponent to be prepared for the wrong strategy, and possibly even more reluctant to take potshots at your critters!  Note that you cannot give your Dejas momentum between the copy and the Luciferase - this will give them the "momentum" active ability and Luciferase will misfire (I have tested this).  You must cast Unstoppable either 1) before replicating, or 2) after using Luciferase.  Before replication is best, as you get twice as many creatures with Momentum.

This makes the critter army dangerous in its own right - for every 2 :time 1 :gravity, you get 6 momentum damage spread across two creatures!  It's also much more difficult to kill - they can survive a Drain Life or Ice Bolt, and if you're facing an opponent who uses Fire, you might be able to grant each pair of Dejas TWO Unstoppables for 4|4 each.

Code: [Select]
74a 74a 74a 74a 74a 74c 74c 7k2 7k3 7k3 7k3 7k3 7k3 7k3 7k4 7k4 7k4 7k4 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q1 7q1 7q1 7q1 7q1 7q1 7q4 7q4 7q4 7qd 7qd
Deck size hasn't changed, so draws should be only slightly less reliable due to running without Time mark.  Note Luciferase still uses random quanta - use this to your advantage if possible by doing other things first.  (Example - with one Time Tower, early game you should 1. play Deja Vu, 2. cast Momentum, play another Deja, then WAIT until turn 3 to replicate, THEN use your :gravity for Luciferase!)

I removed the Blessings (redundant buffs, Unstoppable is better) and one Dune Scorp since I don't want to make the deck too heavy, and the critter army is a lot more powerful anyway.  Titans are a good option since they run purely off Mark, you can keep using Morning Glory if you prefer it.  One Miracle for a lark, since you will probably survive long enough to use it.  If you aren't anticipating any dangerous shields or CC spells, feel free to run the critters sans Momentum and get that Light quanta a bit earlier.  This is also one deck where upped Hope may in fact be a better choice - your creature army is still fragile, less renewable than the Fractal-RoL variant, and I've usually found that I don't land at exactly 7 :light anyway - usually at 6 or 8, especially in a deck that will be Luciferizing creatures nearly always in pairs.  :D

I'm very happy with this deck - it is the first truly unique deck concept I've posted since joining the forums.

Very interested in seeing how this does against FGs upped, if someone wants to run tests - I am somewhat preoccupied with other things at the moment!

twixy10

Re: Bedouin's Prayer (Hope/Dune) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=24094.msg313724#msg313724
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2011, 01:53:53 pm »
Thank you for the elaborate answer!

a + point of the deck is that pulverizers and steals don't hurt the deck except in the first few turns. but the titan is target-able while the morning glory isn't. I find it difficult to choose between the 2 (and the third option, one of both).

The unstoppables are indeed a good catch ;)

with the current size and towers (6) it runs good, although slow in the beginning because you have just 1 tower most of the time.

the miracle Really is a good card in the deck.

Against FG's it sucks (srr ^^). this small sample says enough for me, the deck issn't suited for FG's. This test was run in the trainer. The best point of the deck against FG's is that you lose quickly
chaos lord
won:1
lost:1

incarnate
won:0

Decay
lost:2

hermes

Akebono (always skip)

Divine Glory

Graviton (always skip)

Octane (always skip)

Destiny

Serket (difficult)

Rainbow

jezebel (very difficult, skip)

Dark Matter (always skip)

Seism (always skip)

Obliterator (always skip)

Paradox (don't use momentum)
lost:0

Re: Bedouin's Prayer (Hope/Dune) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=24094.msg313954#msg313954
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2011, 06:09:45 pm »
Well, at least it won three times... thanks for testing for me.

A slow start is understandable as this is really a stall deck.  Deja Vus are cheap, as long as you get a single tower to start you're golden.  The most fun I've had with this deck was beating that mono-Aether opponent.  "Hey, you just finished mindwiping my last Luminescence?  Here's ten more, have fun!"  If you happen to have a white nymph, you can include it, but don't drop any Luciferin/ase for it - it's pricey and you won't be able to get it out early.  Later on, though, it can make your Luminescences impossible to stop and heal you for 10 per turn with all that extra :light you'll be packing.

kaniXIII

Re: Bedouin's Prayer (Hope/Dune) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=24094.msg317482#msg317482
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2011, 03:24:51 am »
This deck just blew my mind. It honestly looks fun and could basically block all the damage my PVP 1 deckc an manage.

tdog0001

Re: Bedouin's Prayer (Hope/Dune) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=24094.msg318491#msg318491
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2011, 09:17:04 pm »
I absolutely love this deck. It features a very unique concept and it's one of those decks that I find refreshing and really takes fun game play to the next level.

I don't know, I over exaggerated but still, I love the deck.

blarg: johannhowitzer,twixy10