*Author

Offline GGTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Retired from everything...
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake3rd Trials - Master of Gravity2nd Trials - Master of GravityC-C-C-Combo Maker Winner!Weekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2011 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2010 2nd PlaceNew Passive Ability Competition Winner
Eternal Loop | Eternal Loop https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23277.msg295880#msg295880
« on: March 22, 2011, 10:37:47 am »
NAME:
Eternal Loop
ELEMENT:
Time
COST:
4 :time
TYPE:
Permanent
ATK|HP:
TEXT:
Every card played is copied into the bottom of the player's deck. Does not trigger if deck size < 2.
NAME:
Eternal Loop
ELEMENT:
Time
COST:
3 :time
TYPE:
Permanent
ATK|HP:
TEXT:
Every card played is copied into the bottom of the player's deck. Does not trigger if deck size < 2.
ART:
firehawk77 (http://www.sxc.hu/photo/482873)
IDEA:
GirlsGeneration
NOTES:
Basically a card that allows the game to go on forever. For BOTH players, any card played gets copied to the bottom of the deck. For example, if you have 10 cards in deck and play an Explosion, the deck count increases to 11 andafter drawing 10 cards, you will draw an Explosion again.

If all Eternal Loops are destroyed and a player has no card left in the deck, he/she will lose by deckout the turn AFTER it was destroyed. The player simply does not draw on that last turn.

Eternal Loop itself is NOT copied into the bottom of the deck.

SERIES:
Field Effects (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,23187.msg314888#msg314888)
Ex-Master of :gravity, still a fervid supporter! GO GRAVY!

Offline ratcharmer

• Reputation Power: 10
  • ratcharmer is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.ratcharmer is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • I'm back, it's been a while.
Re: Eternal Loop | Eternal Loop https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23277.msg295887#msg295887
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 11:01:36 am »
Hmm . . . the only problem I see is that this creates the possibility of an endless game.

If, for instance, both players were stuck in an aflatoxin lock they couldn't break, and this card came into play it could create a game where there was no way for either player to win.

Re: Eternal Loop | Eternal Loop https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23277.msg295888#msg295888
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 11:05:15 am »
This looks just extremely interesting. I'm wondering what kind of strategies this card could open up? I'd guess we'd see some 30 card decks with 6 hourglasses.
Keep 2 fire bolts and two rewinds, then draw cards like crazy? Or just any kind of cheap creature spam. Retrovirus anyone? Or Scarab to stay in almost mono-time? Or play a quinted creature, wait until you have 3 cards left and start spamming SoDs?
Long story short, I find this to be one of the most interesting ideas I've seen up to now, it perfectly fits time's theme... The only thing I'm really wondering about is balancing. I guess there are even stronger strategies then the ones I listed.
Edit: Endless nightmare just came into my mind.
Btw: Is eternal loop also copied into the bottom of your deck when you play it? I guess not, but I'd rather ask.

Offline SnoWeb

• Reputation Power: 23
  • SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: War #2 Winner - Team Entropy
Re: Eternal Loop | Eternal Loop https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23277.msg295893#msg295893
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 11:17:37 am »
I like the idea very much. I think a maximal battle length should be install in the game after which the duel would be a tie - just in case.
What if I fractal a brimstone play 8 and then destroy the Loop? At the end of the battle I'll have a fractal followed by 8 brimstone right?

Offline ratcharmer

• Reputation Power: 10
  • ratcharmer is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.ratcharmer is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • I'm back, it's been a while.
Re: Eternal Loop | Eternal Loop https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23277.msg295895#msg295895
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2011, 11:30:11 am »
A small deck with lot's of draw potential was definitely the first thing that occurred to me as far as strategies go.

Something almost like a blessing/deja vu deck could work well against FGs, I think. You could stall until the combo is set up with sundial, then once this car was in play start laying out creatures & hourglasses. You'd eventually have more than 6 hourglasses in play and you'd draw through your deck incredibly fast, while reverse time would keep your opponent stagnant. You would have effectively infinite blessings at your disposal, so you could power through almost any shield. Add in one SoG and one SoD and you can EM at 500 hp.

The other strat I see is this + hourglass + phase shield. With hourglasses and an infinitely long deck you could always (or almost always) draw another phase shield before the last one expired. Add in lobotomizer to take care of momentum and call it a deck.

burne

Re: Eternal Loop | Eternal Loop https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23277.msg295904#msg295904
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2011, 12:17:32 pm »
I think this card is a game breaker.

It allows to play an unlimited number of cards.

And a good draw rate can be achieved with the same element.

Even with a huge coast, in my opinion, this card shouldn't exist.

Offline GGTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake3rd Trials - Master of Gravity2nd Trials - Master of GravityC-C-C-Combo Maker Winner!Weekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2011 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2010 2nd PlaceNew Passive Ability Competition Winner
Re: Eternal Loop | Eternal Loop https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23277.msg295915#msg295915
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2011, 12:40:44 pm »
I like the idea very much. I think a maximal battle length should be install in the game after which the duel would be a tie - just in case.
What if I fractal a brimstone play 8 and then destroy the Loop? At the end of the battle I'll have a fractal followed by 8 brimstone right?
We already have infinite game length possible by both sides having eternities and rewinding creatures forever. I don't see how we still need a maximal battle length.

Yes, you would have fractal and then 8 brimstones.

Offline Nepycros

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • My creativity was OP, so I had to nerf it.
Re: Eternal Loop | Eternal Loop https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23277.msg295921#msg295921
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2011, 12:50:29 pm »
And a good draw rate can be achieved with the same element.
Ah, but you've only just hit the tip of the iceberg. If I play an Hourglass, I'll draw yet ANOTHER Hourglass in a few cards. You'll be able to draw cards ENDLESSLY. Of course, I do have a problem with there being only 6 cards in your deck, all of them being SUNDIALS.  8)
Perception is the source of misunderstanding.

Why, yes. I do have a Mindgate necklace. It's how I ninja everyone.

Offline BluePriest

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Entropy Has You
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Eternal Loop | Eternal Loop https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23277.msg295931#msg295931
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2011, 01:08:26 pm »
I like this card and I dont like this card. I like this card because its a wonderful idea.  I dont like this card cause its the card that every rush deck has been waiting for. You got a 34 card deck so you can deck me out? Well who cares, I got eternal loop, so this game is going to keep going until I annihilate you!
This sig was interrupted by Joe Biden

Offline GGTopic starter

• Legendary Member
Re: Eternal Loop | Eternal Loop https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23277.msg295934#msg295934
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2011, 01:14:59 pm »
I like this card and I dont like this card. I like this card because its a wonderful idea.  I dont like this card cause its the card that every rush deck has been waiting for. You got a 34 card deck so you can deck me out? Well who cares, I got eternal loop, so this game is going to keep going until I annihilate you!
What if i put an upkeep cost?

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Eternal Loop | Eternal Loop https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23277.msg295939#msg295939
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2011, 01:23:27 pm »
Rush decks both run out of cards in the deck and cards in the hand. This only replaces the former.
It will mean that all Deck outs will carry PC.
Perhaps an upkeep of  :time :time or have it copy every other card played?

If multiple Eternal Loops are on the field do the extra cards stack?

Great idea for a field effect.
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Offline Nepycros

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • My creativity was OP, so I had to nerf it.
Re: Eternal Loop | Eternal Loop https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23277.msg295955#msg295955
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2011, 02:00:56 pm »
Rush decks both run out of cards in the deck and cards in the hand. This only replaces the former.
It will mean that all Deck outs will carry PC.
Perhaps an upkeep of  :time :time or have it copy every other card played?

If multiple Eternal Loops are on the field do the extra cards stack?

Great idea for a field effect.
If they stack, what does playing a second one do? Copy it? Could I actually increase the total number of cards in my deck well-beyond 300???
Perception is the source of misunderstanding.

Why, yes. I do have a Mindgate necklace. It's how I ninja everyone.

blarg: