*Author

Offline OldTreesTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Black Obelisk | Black Obelisk https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23253.msg295510#msg295510
« on: March 21, 2011, 06:38:50 pm »
NAME:
Black Obelisk
ELEMENT:
Darkness
COST:
2 :darkness
TYPE:
Permanent
ATK|HP:
TEXT:
Each turn  :darkness is generated.
 :darkness: Drain 1 attack from target for 1 turn, gain 1 random quanta.
NAME:
Black Obelisk
ELEMENT:
Darkness
COST:
1 :darkness
TYPE:
Permanent
ATK|HP:
TEXT:
Each turn  :darkness is generated.
 :darkness: Drain 1 attack from target for 1 turn, gain 1 random quanta.
ART:
Emerald Tiger
IDEA:
Nik_V, ralouf1 and OldTrees
NOTES:
If you target the opponent it decreases weapon damage by 1
Now it doesn't form stacks.
Can be used to reduce damage, halt your creatures from attacking CC shields, cause Scorpions to attack and provides random quanta for stolen permanents.
SERIES:
Monoliths/Obelisks (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,23373.msg318147#msg318147)
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Offline karis

• Reputation Power: 12
  • karis is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.karis is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Old to Elements
Re: Black Obelisk | Black Obelisk https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23253.msg295522#msg295522
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 07:13:36 pm »
um...

why don't  'drain life' part be  'each turn' instead of active skill?   ???

• Legendary Member
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
Re: Black Obelisk | Black Obelisk https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23253.msg295523#msg295523
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 07:16:07 pm »
um...

why don't  'drain life' part be  'each turn' instead of active skill?   ???
An activated skill triggers at most once per stack.
An automatic skill would trigger once per card.

I think once per stack is balanced but once per card would be too powerful for the cost.

Also there are the very rare occasions when you do not want to drain life from the opponent when you are going for EM.
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Offline karis

• Reputation Power: 12
  • karis is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.karis is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Old to Elements
Re: Black Obelisk | Black Obelisk https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23253.msg295527#msg295527
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2011, 07:22:33 pm »
you mean even if i'm have hundred of obelisk (in one stack?   ah...  how can i'm have more than 1 stack with 1 card name...)  i'm can only drain 1 life per turn?

it's a bit UP for me,  it's don't have a problem if you have only 1-2 obelisk in your deck.  but you can't use this instead of tower/pillar.   make it have more 2 cost from normal pillar and gain only 'drain 1 life per turn' ....

Offline EmeraldTiger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 61
  • EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • :life :aether
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Black Obelisk | Black Obelisk https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23253.msg295533#msg295533
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2011, 07:29:18 pm »
i am on my cell phone when i get home i will work on the art for you.
If Nowhere is Somewhere, and Somewhere is Over there, How can we be Anywhere?
:life :aether

• Legendary Member
Re: Black Obelisk | Black Obelisk https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23253.msg295534#msg295534
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2011, 07:29:31 pm »
you mean even if i'm have hundred of obelisk (in one stack?   ah...  how can i'm have more than 1 stack with 1 card name...)  i'm can only drain 1 life per turn?

it's a bit UP for me,  it's don't have a problem if you have only 1-2 obelisk in your deck.  but you can't use this instead of tower/pillar.   make it have more 2 cost from normal pillar and gain only 'drain 1 life per turn' ....
It is not meant to replace all your pillars. It is designed for 1-2 or 2-4(split of both upgraded and unupped)

I have considered having it drain 2 life or have it cost 1 :darkness|1 :darkness and then refund 1 :darkness if upgraded.

Thanks ET.

Offline EmeraldTiger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 61
  • EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!EmeraldTiger shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • :life :aether
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Black Obelisk | Black Obelisk https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23253.msg295706#msg295706
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2011, 12:18:09 am »
how is this?
If Nowhere is Somewhere, and Somewhere is Over there, How can we be Anywhere?
:life :aether

• Legendary Member
Re: Black Obelisk | Black Obelisk https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23253.msg295710#msg295710
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2011, 12:27:45 am »
Nice! Thanks ET.
+1 karma.
Could you make something for the Death Monolith too?

Offline Bieber4Ever98

• Reputation Power: 5
  • Bieber4Ever98 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • I'm interested in this game.
Re: Black Obelisk | Black Obelisk https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23253.msg295713#msg295713
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2011, 12:31:46 am »
Great art EmeraldTiger.

I seen these ideas of new types of pillars before posted by ralouf in the design theory and they are very interesting. Nice take on it OldTrees.

But this card seems very underpowered to me. Just 1 life drain per stack and you pay 2|1 :darkness to summon it ?

My real-life sucks. So i come online to compensate that.

• Legendary Member
Re: Black Obelisk | Black Obelisk https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23253.msg295719#msg295719
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2011, 12:41:50 am »
Great art EmeraldTiger.

I seen these ideas of new types of pillars before posted by ralouf in the design theory and they are very interesting. Nice take on it OldTrees.

But this card seems very underpowered to me. Just 1 life drain per stack and you pay 2|1 :darkness to summon it ?
Actually this is mostly ralouf's idea (note he is the first author). I just made the thread as an example because he was new to the process.

The idea has since been slightly buffed. It now can target creatures as well.

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Black Obelisk | Black Obelisk https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23253.msg295810#msg295810
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2011, 04:05:03 am »
If it stacks then won't there be some trouble using the ability? or does clicking on the stack use it for the whole stack on one target?
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

• Legendary Member
Re: Black Obelisk | Black Obelisk https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=23253.msg295812#msg295812
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2011, 04:08:30 am »
If it stacks then won't there be some trouble using the ability? or does clicking on the stack use it for the whole stack on one target?
The ability triggers once per stack not once per pillar.
The stacking is a disadvantage to balance the effect.

So if you click a stack of 2 Black Obelisks it will drain 1 life from the target.
However the stack would produce 2 :darkness per turn.

These are meant to augment an existing quanta base.

anything
blarg: