*Author

Offline jmdtTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake
OGEM: OverGrow'Em https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21670.msg277496#msg277496
« on: February 24, 2011, 05:28:12 am »
An EM deck of a different color.  I came up with this EM deck with a slightly different build than normal.  It combines part discord black hole for stalling/healing, part destroyers and weenies for rush power, and the typical heals to complete the EM.  Designed for AI3, but I bet it would be quite fun for T50 and PvP and may have a chance at AI5.

Enjoy.  I'll update later.

T50/PvP

Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u5 6u5 6u5 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 713 74f 74f 7ai 7ai 7dm 7dq 7dq 7dq 7dq 7gm 7n8 7n8 7te 80g 8po

More rushy:

6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u5 6u5 6u5 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 713 74f 74f 77g 7ae 7ae 7dm 7dq 7dq 7dq 7dq 7gm 7jr 7te 80g 8po

AI3 in progress

5oi 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u5 6u5 6u5 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 713 74f 74f 7ai 7ai 7ai 7dq 7dq 7dq 7dq 7gm 7jr 7qb 7qb 80g 8po
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 06:29:59 pm by willng3 »

Re: OGEM: OverGrow'Em https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21670.msg277499#msg277499
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 05:32:59 am »
firsts comment, also: nice
only problem: 3 discords i don't have...

solution: you use this deck in T50 (which you will...), and I farm it

Offline YawnChainHow

• Reputation Power: 9
  • YawnChainHow is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Tees no longer available for purchase
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: OGEM: OverGrow'Em https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21670.msg277511#msg277511
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 06:02:44 am »
This deck is amazing. The Precogs can be swapped from almost anything; I myself had great fun taking 6 Graboids and Earth Mark over the Destroyers after a number of bad draws.

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Your tears are delicious
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: OGEM: OverGrow'Em https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21670.msg277515#msg277515
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 06:11:21 am »
This deck is amazing. The Precogs can be swapped from almost anything; I myself had great fun taking 6 Graboids and Earth Mark over the Destroyers after a number of bad draws.
Funny, I tried this exact same modification myself.  I went back to Destroyers after a while because 6 Graboids put too much strain on :time despite what I had believed beforehand.  The deck is fast and effective; it certainly has the potential to be one of, if not, the most effective AI3 grinder in the game at this moment.
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Forum reigned by my mixtape

kirchj33

Re: OGEM: OverGrow'Em https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21670.msg277678#msg277678
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 03:27:29 pm »
All this after a conversation I had with jmdt about how my efficiency study has me thinking that the key to better decks isn't finding more speed, its more utility.  I mention that I have an idea using discord and black holes in a rainbow, he does his thing, adds some lava golems and an animate weapon and BOOM, a nearly perfect deck.

I think the precogs are really important because they help you get to your heals easier for EM's and help you bring out your discords/blackholes for easier matches.  That being said, I put some thought into a list of what can go there instead if you feel like messing around or trying to improve the deck.  I put them in a top 10 list from worst option to best option, David Letterman style.
Kirchj33's top 10 things you would replace precog with:

10. Rage Pot - Follows mark and may help with EMs
9. Vampire - 5 :darkness makes it a little over budget
8. Dusk Mantle - Darkness unused but  4:underworld makes it come out halfway through the match
7. Fog Shield - takes away from Pegasus juice
6. Steal - 3 :darkness means you probably won't be able to steal back a stolen discord unless you have played 2 SN, plus the fact you probably won't want to steal a weapon means there are better options.
5. Liquid Shadow - Use your buffed golems at the end to ensure more EMs.
4. Animate Weapon - get more creatures out and stop dead cards
3.  Chaos Seed x2 - Taps into your  :entropy pool, but protects little critters against CC and golems against an early Oty (nom nom).
2.  Black hole - an extra one means more shutdown, better chance of drawing this key mechanic to the deck.
1. 2x Explosion - Much better option than steal because it is cheaper and synergizes well with getting an early discord stolen before you draw a SN (effectively gives you an SN as long as quanta is redistributed to  :fire and you hold an explosion)
I believe one of the biggest challenges for this deck will be the Rainbow (time) AI3 because your discord x3 will not be as effective.  #2 & #1 may help for beating this guy and you will have to just outrush its heavy CC creatures.  Good thing this deck has a strong rush mechanic!

I will test this afternoon and post some numbers!

• Legendary Member
  • jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • New to Elements
Re: OGEM: OverGrow'Em https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21670.msg277698#msg277698
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2011, 03:41:46 pm »
All this after a conversation I had with jmdt about how my efficiency study has me thinking that the key to better decks isn't finding more speed, its more utility.  I mention that I have an idea using discord and black holes in a rainbow, he does his thing, adds some lava golems and an animate weapon and BOOM, a nearly perfect deck.

I think the precogs are really important because they help you get to your heals easier for EM's and help you bring out your discords/blackholes for easier matches.  That being said, I put some thought into a list of what can go there instead if you feel like messing around or trying to improve the deck.  I put them in a top 10 list from worst option to best option, David Letterman style.
Kirchj33's top 10 things you would replace precog with:
10.  Shard of Gratitude - (Sorry, I had to find a 10th)
9. Rage Pot - Follows mark and may help with EMs
8. Vampire - 5 :darkness makes it a little over budget
7. Dusk Mantle - Darkness unused but  4:underworld makes it come out halfway through the match
6. Fog Shield - takes away from Pegasus juice
5. Steal - 3 :darkness means you probably won't be able to steal back a stolen discord unless you have played 2 SN, plus the fact you probably won't want to steal a weapon means there are better options.
4. Animate Weapon - get more creatures out and stop dead cards
3.  Chaos Seed x2 - Taps into your  :entropy pool, but protects little critters against CC and golems against an early Oty (nom nom).
2.  Black hole - an extra one means more shutdown, better chance of drawing this key mechanic to the deck.
1. 2x Explosion - Much better option than steal because it is cheaper and synergizes well with getting an early discord stolen before you draw a SN (effectively gives you an SN as long as quanta is redistributed to  :fire and you hold an explosion)
I believe one of the biggest challenges for this deck will be the Rainbow (time) AI3 because your discord x3 will not be as effective.  #2 & #1 may help for beating this guy and you will have to just outrush its heavy CC creatures.  Good thing this deck has a strong rush mechanic!

I will test this afternoon and post some numbers!
Yeah  I was thinking for a T50 version I could look at some combination 1-2 explosion and 1-2 wings for the 2 precog and pegasus.  As you say, the precog are filler, but also serve to get the important cards out faster.

LongDono

Re: OGEM: OverGrow'Em https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21670.msg277710#msg277710
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2011, 04:07:29 pm »
Maybe a liquid shadow?
On the final turn odds are the first Lava destroyer you played will be your biggest and the first to attack, thus raising the chances of an EM.

kirchj33

Re: OGEM: OverGrow'Em https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21670.msg277715#msg277715
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2011, 04:14:14 pm »
Maybe a liquid shadow?
On the final turn odds are the first Lava destroyer you played will be your biggest and the first to attack, thus raising the chances of an EM.
Oh yeah.  I thought about that last night, but forgot to jot that down.  I'll add it to the top 10 list and if it looks like this deck fulfills the potential it seems to have after initial testing, I'll begin to test variants.

• Legendary Member
  • New to Elements
Re: OGEM: OverGrow'Em https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21670.msg277717#msg277717
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2011, 04:16:14 pm »
Maybe a liquid shadow?
Great idea.  That will allow me to eliminate 1 heal to further balance the quanta to 4 and under per element as well (potentially) and still give 5 healing options/30.  I'll have to test this.

Offline Jangoo

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Jangoo hides under a Cloak.
  • New to You
Re: OGEM: OverGrow'Em https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21670.msg277755#msg277755
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2011, 05:02:02 pm »

Eversince THIS DECK (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,5618.msg63468#msg63468),
blackholes have been my prime-source of EMing the crap outa the T50 ... they used to be just so friggin
awesome against rainbows ... Then came the great Rol/Hope wave, then the great pvp-deck wave.  :(

Still, I tried a pretty similar PSN-deck a while ago, which was more like a CHARG'EM spinoff to
revive the idea. (grav.mark) While I also put in a couple discords to bash those duos etc.,
I really felt like most people in T50 were using "get on my nerves"-stall rainbows or even
mindgate-decks again.

So I only kept one discord ("just in case" lol) and swapped the second (and maybe third) weaponslot
for vampdaggers. This seemed to work pretty well on those couple days, but then again:
I don't play T50 enough to know if all those rainbows were just a coincidence ... ?

• Legendary Member
  • New to Elements
Re: OGEM: OverGrow'Em https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21670.msg277762#msg277762
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2011, 05:25:01 pm »

Eversince THIS DECK (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,5618.msg63468#msg63468),
blackholes have been my prime-source of EMing the crap outa the T50 ... they used to be just so friggin
awesome against rainbows ... Then came the great Rol/Hope wave, then the great pvp-deck wave.  :(

Still, I tried a pretty similar PSN-deck a while ago, which was more like a CHARG'EM spinoff to
revive the idea. (grav.mark) While I also put in a couple discords to bash those duos etc.,
I really felt like most people in T50 were using "get on my nerves"-stall rainbows or even
mindgate-decks again.

So I only kept one discord ("just in case" lol) and swapped the second (and maybe third) weaponslot
for vampdaggers. This seemed to work pretty well on those couple days, but then again:
I don't play T50 enough to know if all those rainbows were just a coincidence ... ?
When I first started T50 farming, I used that exact deck Jangoo.  It was so win when there were only timebows out there.  I used to literally win every game with with an Em with that deck.  Unfortunately my frogs killed its utility. 

I haven't tested versus T50 to see how it fares yet.  I would it needs explosion to really have a chance and maybe 3 discord is overkill.  All meta dependant really.  The more things you make it good against, the worse it is overall usually.  With the animate, 1 dagger may have a decent home in here, especially against T50.

LongDono

Re: OGEM: OverGrow'Em https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=21670.msg277775#msg277775
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2011, 05:51:18 pm »
Tell me how liquid shadow works out. :) I would think lava destroyer would have atleast acouple turns of growth before the game ends, so about 11 attack. Not as good as heal but taking heal out for it will cut down on life's quanta drain. ( 6 quanta total now, but 4 later. ) Also is you get more than 1 turn to swing with Lava destroyer it will out do heal. ( Assume that you did growth for a couple turns. )
Also I would suggest adding 1 buff card to combo with Pegy, Liquid, and give destroyer more health to start with but all the elements with cheap buffs are already in use.

blarg: