*Author

Offline PineappleTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Pineapple hides under a Cloak.
  • Master of Cake
  • Awards: Silver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Lancelot https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20399.msg258928#msg258928
« on: January 28, 2011, 09:18:11 am »
Code: [Select]
7dk 7dk 7dk 7dk 7dk 7dk 7dp 7dp 7dp 7dp 7dp 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gl 7gl 7gl 7gl 7gl 7gl 7go 7go 7go 7go 7go 7go
Dear Formidable Enemy,

Adaptation doesn't mean trying something completely new. Sometimes, you have to go back to the basics. Especially when your opponent ignores something basic.
Like creature control.
Do you think you can hide behind a Phase Shield? Do you think you can hide behind a Hope? If you think a couple Shards of Gratitude and a Permafrost Shield can save you...You're wrong.
"A simple rush deck," you scoff. Well, if I'm so simple, then why don't you try to beat me? All you have to do it kill the Physalias. But please don't try to lobotomize them. You see, I don't like them lobotomized, and sometimes I'm just hungry for smoked Physalias on a plate. If you lobotomize my Physalias, you will only increase my fiery rage. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine.

From,
Sir I. Lancelot

Note that Physalias will not be cremated unless they are lobotomized. That's right, unless the opponent has an early lobotomizer, Lancelot has 22 dead cards in his deck.

Look at rol/hope. Look at monoaether. Look at CCYB. None of them have any hard cc in their decks. Don't you think it's time that the FG's became more well-rounded?
So why did I make this deck a rush? Well, it's purpose is to defeat the most popular FG-killers today. This is my allusion to the "adapt!" theme. If the FGs were to adapt, wouldn't they first exploit the blatant weakness in the majority of their challengers? It has achieved it's purpose...why do I have to make it impossible to beat? Another reason it's so simple is so that it would be rewarding to win against. With so many copies of so little cards, it's very easy to spin an upped card. I think that if the reward is great enough, some people will take the risk and it won't just be another auto-quit for rol/hope or monoaether or ccyb. In addition, it won't be one of those easy decks that you play just because you can wipe the floor with them. Getting Lancelot will be like getting a good harm in t50. Another reason why I made this deck so one-dimensional is so that you could easily build a counter to it. I haven't thought up of a good one yet, but earthquakes for the towers, ice bolts for the physalias, and purifies for the remaining poison might work with some graboids (lances can be used as cc >.<) or burrowing shriekers or baiting or trying to decking it out.

Counters:
Quote from: Malignant
fire shield + purify + mirror shield
Better built version:
Code: [Select]
72i 72i 72i 72i 72i 7dk 7dk 7dk 7dk 7dk 7dk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gl 7gl 7gl 7gl 7gl 7gl 7go 7go 7go 7go 7go 7goReasons for not using it:
  - Should not be too hard so that popular fg-killers don't just add another auto-quit
  - Should not be built around the faults of the AI, as the AI will always be improved.

Offline 1chase1997

• Reputation Power: 3
  • 1chase1997 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Lancelot https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20399.msg260577#msg260577
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 04:05:06 pm »
this is for the FG competition? i say it sounds pretty good except one thing... i cant think of it :)

EDIT: found it... if it goes slightly pillar light it almost cant win... SoGs givin 15-20 a turn and ur golden

• Legendary Member
  • Master of Cake
  • Awards: Silver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Lancelot https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20399.msg260584#msg260584
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2011, 04:20:41 pm »
this is for the FG competition? i say it sounds pretty good except one thing... i cant think of it :)

EDIT: found it... if it goes slightly pillar light it almost cant win... SoGs givin 15-20 a turn and ur golden
Um..are you talking about the counter?

Can anyone help me find out how easily Rol/Hope, CCYB, Shak'ars, Fire Lance Sudden Killer, Liquid Antimatter, and any FG-killer you can think of fares against Lancelot? I think that each of the popular FG-killers should have at the very least 20% chance of killing it, as I want them to be fight to the death in the prospects of easy spins, not just auto-quit on sight.

Offline Jappert

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: War #4 - Sportsmanship AwardVery Short Story: Who are the Elders? WinnerThe Binder of Elements (Forum Profile Deck Winner)
Re: Lancelot https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20399.msg260589#msg260589
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2011, 04:27:40 pm »
Predicted by oracle: most FG killers will kill it since they will be packing purifies.

CCYB: Will beat this FG most of the times since he can outheal the damage, will have trouble when he sets up slowly and this FG get's out poison fast.

RoL/Hope: Will have more problems then CCYB, not only is the CC not ideal (can be worked around) but the poison might be to much to handle after a while.

Liquid Antimatter: Stands no chance as far as I can tell.

Overall: Any FG grind can lose because of the poison coming out to fast, but the most common FG grind decks will also be able to beat it on regular basis (as they should). Purify will obviously destroy this FG and will be more commonly seen in the popular FG grind decks.

• Legendary Member
  • Master of Cake
Re: Lancelot https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20399.msg267125#msg267125
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2011, 07:00:22 pm »
BTW,
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
7dk 7dk 7dk 7dk 7dk 7dk 7dp 7dp 7dp 7dp 7dp 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gl 7gl 7gl 7gl 7gl 7gl 7go 7go 7go 7go 7go 7go 8pk
is the code, if anyone wants to have fun in trainer.
If you wanna face the pendulum version, just add 8pk (death mark) to the end of the code.

Siweisun

Re: Lancelot https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20399.msg277700#msg277700
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2011, 03:48:21 pm »
unupped chysoras wil work so much better here.

Offline Jangoo

• Jangoo hides under a Cloak.
  • New to You
Re: Lancelot https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20399.msg277708#msg277708
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2011, 04:05:56 pm »

blarg: patchx94