*Author

Offline BoingoTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 26
  • Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
Theme: Forbidden Romance - Arachnophilia https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19790.msg250861#msg250861
« on: January 18, 2011, 06:13:48 am »
The Gods were as clever as they were cruel in their punishment.  For transgressions now long forgotten, the young lovers were torn from one another before their vows were complete and cast into the shadowy forest as creatures to be trampled.  He was given the form of the lowly Scorpion and she the Phase Recluse.  His arms became claws so as to no longer to embrace her and his ardent kisses became deadly stings.  Her seduction was no less powerful, but her web would now ensnare his life should he be foolish enough to draw near.  They now wander the forest searching and never finding the other they once knew, lashing out at those unfortunate enough to cross their paths.

ARACHNOPHILIA
Code: [Select]
7ac 7ac 7ac 7ac 7ac 7aj 7aj 7am 7am 7am 7am 7ao 7ao 7ao 7ao 7ao 7ap 7ap 7ap 808 808 808 808 808 808 808 808 808 80a 80a 80a 80e 80g 80g 80g 80g 80g 80g 80h 80h
This deck uses the new card Mitosis in addition to Scorpion.
3x Life mark to help get Scorpions up and running and Mitosis active. 
All low cost cards (except Spine Carapace) so multiple draws/turn will get damage flowing early.
Ideally, AI would play creature > mitosis > quint for eternal creature generation. 
Feral bonds synergize with Mitosis for healing. 
Electrocutor, Spine Carapace + Thunderbolt for CC.
**Not sure if Mitosis allowed in competition, but rules do not state whether Cards in Development disallowed.**
Mitosis is disallowed, so this submission is ineligible.   :(

Comments/improvements welcomed.
Bring back Holy Cow!

• Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
Re: Theme: Forbidden Romance - Arachnophilia https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19790.msg250884#msg250884
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 07:08:51 am »
Arachnophilia in action vs AI5:

Bring back Holy Cow!

Asmius

Re: Theme: Forbidden Romance - Arachnophilia https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19790.msg251245#msg251245
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 06:25:16 pm »
Arachnophilia is gonna get raped in the next turn. Aricord hs four unstable gasses, and 16 damage with ceratures, so it's almost a sure kill next trun with your 79 hp.

Offline Essence

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Voice of the Oracle -- Jezzie's Pimp -- Often Gone
  • Awards: 2nd Trials - Master of Water1st Trials - Master of WaterFG Deck-Designer - The OutcastsShard Madness! Competition WinnerEpic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerElder Recruiter
Re: Theme: Forbidden Romance - Arachnophilia https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19790.msg251305#msg251305
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 08:11:25 pm »
Except that as soon as he hits "next turn" that's gonna pop back to 100 thanks to 3x Feral Bond.   Aircord doesn't have the :fire quanta he needs to detonate more than 2 of those Unstable Gasses, regardless.  8)
If something happens and you think it deserves my attention, feel free to PM me. Other than that, I'm probably here if you want to shoot the breeze.

Re: Theme: Forbidden Romance - Arachnophilia https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19790.msg251567#msg251567
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2011, 02:13:42 am »
Arachnophilia is gonna get raped in the next turn. Aricord hs four unstable gasses, and 16 damage with ceratures, so it's almost a sure kill next trun with your 79 hp.
Because the AI had Wings chained for a while, I included this shot so you can see how the damage continues to build by pumping out 2-3 creatures per turn with even a regular mark. 

As for the apparently "inevitable" doom you foresee, the AI detonated 2 UGs, but my quinted/mitotic creatures popped out 2 more creatures/turn and coupled with the Feral Bonds I did just fine winning with plenty of hp.  If Arachnophilia were a true FG, the 3x mark would have pumped out the Scorpions, Bonds and Mitosis several turns earlier and the poison damage would have been much higher than 3 that was given in this case with my merely human mark.  Also, the score would be 179-21 at this point in favor of Arachnophilia.
Bring back Holy Cow!

Re: Theme: Forbidden Romance - Arachnophilia https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19790.msg251584#msg251584
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2011, 02:37:53 am »
Arachnophilia vs Obliterator:  despite a first turn Pulverizer taking down every FB I played, she was able to hang tough with the big boy (but ultimately lost.)  A Phase Recluse with Mitosis got killed by Gravity Pull but not before producing some daughter spiders.  I think this close result is a testament to the power of the deck with even a normal single card draw per turn.

A second example vs Obliterator:  this time scorpion is drawn early, mitosis spawns lots of scorpions giving health (via FB) and building poison damage.

Bring back Holy Cow!

Asmius

Re: Theme: Forbidden Romance - Arachnophilia https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19790.msg251603#msg251603
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2011, 02:49:40 am »
Ah, yes - if she was FG-anized she would have won. But in that photo, there is a green line at the edge of Obliterator's yellow, ultimately signifying that would have been a loss - even if it was your turn, which it wasn't, due to you getting quantum.

Re: Theme: Forbidden Romance - Arachnophilia https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19790.msg251631#msg251631
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2011, 03:25:34 am »
Ah, yes - if she was FG-anized she would have won. But in that photo, there is a green line at the edge of Obliterator's yellow, ultimately signifying that would have been a loss - even if it was your turn, which it wasn't, due to you getting quantum.
I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to explain here--as far as I know, FGs don't fight other FGs.  FGs fight players like you and me, and players have only 100 hp (plus whatever healing they have) and only draw 1 card at a time (with some exceptions.) 

If you're saying Obliterator is a tougher FG than Arachnophilia, I'm not sure that's a reasonable assessment without actually being able to play as an FG to prove it one way or the other.  For instance, given all the advantages Obliterator has on me, he only beat me by 1 turn.  Of course, this contest is not about finding FGs tougher than the current ones, it's about creating FGs within a theme and would be fun to play against.   I think Arachnophilia meets both these criteria and these screenshots are included to show she's not a pushover (and therefore would make for some challenging fun.)  In the top game, she's dishing it out by dropping another spider or 2 every turn. The second game, she's dropped 23 poison on you in 8 turns (with me at the helm.)  So she offers some different options on how she can beat you. 

But as the creatures are relatively fragile (2 hp) she's also beatable, however, if you get the right cards in time.   RoF or Permafrost certainly put a dent on her damage production and Eternity will erase Mitosis unless the creature is already quinted.  So it's not an uber-killer FG, but I think one you have to be prepared for or you will lose quickly.
Bring back Holy Cow!

Re: Theme: Forbidden Romance - Arachnophilia https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19790.msg252344#msg252344
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2011, 03:53:17 am »
This FG proposal is no longer eligible for the Forbidden Romance theme competition as it includes a card not yet available in-game (Mitosis.)
Bring back Holy Cow!

blarg: