*Author

Offline GlitchTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Awards: 1st Trials - Master of LifeElements Short Story Competition WinnerPoetry in the Spirit of Elements
Theme: Forbidden Romance - Succubus https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19785.msg250815#msg250815
« on: January 18, 2011, 03:54:37 am »
Succubus

It is forbidden to love the Succubus.

She'll lull you in with her beauty, promise you immortality, promise you things you cannot believe.  Her looks will stun you, and you'll find yourself showering her with compliments, with gifts.  You'll stammer, professing your love for her, unable to think for yourself.  Your world will be upside down, backwards, and the only thing you'll know is that you will do anything in your power to earn her favor.  She'll sit back and let you do it.

Your love for her will only make her stronger, and suddenly things will take a turn for the worse.  She'll show her dark side, and start leeching the life out of you.  Slowly at first, then quicker.  All your attempts to woo her will only make her more ferocious.  Your attempts at survival will prove futile.  And, if in anger you strike her, you'll hit nothing.

Because she was never there.

Because there is no love there.  Only pain.  A long, unending pain.  Because there is no love there.  Only death.  A slow, quiet, death.

Code: [Select]
6u2 6u2 6u2 6u2 6u2 6u2 6ug 6ug 6ug 6ug 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 7t8 7t8 7t9 7t9 7t9 7tc 7td 7td 7td 7td 7td 7td 7to 7to 7to 7to

Offline Essence

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Voice of the Oracle -- Jezzie's Pimp -- Often Gone
  • Awards: 2nd Trials - Master of Water1st Trials - Master of WaterFG Deck-Designer - The OutcastsShard Madness! Competition WinnerEpic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerElder Recruiter
Re: Theme: Forbidden Romance - Succubus https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19785.msg250875#msg250875
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 06:51:45 am »
I....I..........I love this.  Themewise, this is the most powerful entry I've seen so far.  I so totally approve.

Except for one thing: should a succubus have some :darkness in it somewhere?

If something happens and you think it deserves my attention, feel free to PM me. Other than that, I'm probably here if you want to shoot the breeze.

Offline Boingo

• Reputation Power: 26
  • Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
Re: Theme: Forbidden Romance - Succubus https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19785.msg250893#msg250893
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 07:28:27 am »
Very strong FG proposal, but if 50% of vote is for "fun to play against".....well....uh oh.
Bring back Holy Cow!

• Legendary Member
  • Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Awards: 1st Trials - Master of LifeElements Short Story Competition WinnerPoetry in the Spirit of Elements
Re: Theme: Forbidden Romance - Succubus https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19785.msg251048#msg251048
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 01:48:04 pm »
I....I..........I love this.  Themewise, this is the most powerful entry I've seen so far.  I so totally approve.

Except for one thing: should a succubus have some :darkness in it somewhere?
I wanted to add darkness to have leeching, like vampires and stuff, but that seemed too similar to decay.

Offline godofdeath500

• Reputation Power: 2
  • godofdeath500 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Only when we lose ourselves, do we find who we are
Re: Theme: Forbidden Romance - Succubus https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19785.msg251455#msg251455
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 11:28:22 pm »

I....I..........I love this.  Themewise, this is the most powerful entry I've seen so far.  I so totally approve. (1)

Except for one thing: should a succubus have some :darkness in it somewhere? (2)
(1) I agree.

(2) You could put in a few darkness towers for  :darkness Nymphs.
[21:47:33] ‹godofdeath500› 5 years and not a single war.
[21:47:45] ‹godofdeath500› I do not live up to my name.

Offline moomoose

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 37
  • moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • I'm big in Japan.
  • Awards: Winner of the Mark Redesign competition!
Re: Theme: Forbidden Romance - Succubus https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19785.msg251633#msg251633
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2011, 03:26:58 am »
love?  no.  lust?  definitely.
moose dont say moo.

Offline Bloodshadow

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • 吞天纳地,魔渡众生。天下万物,唯我至尊。
  • Awards: Ultimate Profile WinnerOpposites Attract
Re: Theme: Forbidden Romance - Succubus https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19785.msg251664#msg251664
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2011, 04:11:13 am »
I don't know about this... I don't automatically think of "succubus" when I see this deck. If I haven't read your story, I'll wonder why in the world you named it Succubus. The name only makes sense after someone reads the story, but if this gets implemented I doubt anyone will trace it back to this contest and find the story. I would suggest that you add some Darkness cards, since a succubus is a female demon of lust and demons are mostly affiliated with Darkness. Maybe you can remove the Water Nymphs, switch to Darkness mark, and add some Steals.
To be or not to be, I can do both at once. Go learn quantum mechanics, n00b.

• Legendary Member
Re: Theme: Forbidden Romance - Succubus https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19785.msg251850#msg251850
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2011, 01:11:39 pm »
I don't know about this... I don't automatically think of "succubus" when I see this deck. If I haven't read your story, I'll wonder why in the world you named it Succubus. The name only makes sense after someone reads the story, but if this gets implemented I doubt anyone will trace it back to this contest and find the story. I would suggest that you add some Darkness cards, since a succubus is a female demon of lust and demons are mostly affiliated with Darkness. Maybe you can remove the Water Nymphs, switch to Darkness mark, and add some Steals.
But that weakens the deck a /lot/.  The AI is too stupid not to steal enemy shields, and darkness nymphs don't synergize with the deck.  I'd consider vampires and devourers, because the succubus is leaching, and I might consider nightmare because traditionally succubi appear in your dreams.  But that wouldn't make the deck any better.

Besides, it's not like the other FG's all have names that make sense.  The story fits, the deck is done well.

Offline Bloodshadow

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • 吞天纳地,魔渡众生。天下万物,唯我至尊。
  • Awards: Ultimate Profile WinnerOpposites Attract
Re: Theme: Forbidden Romance - Succubus https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19785.msg252331#msg252331
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2011, 03:39:04 am »
Gl1tch, the point of these FG design contests is not to make the most mind-numbingly difficult FG ever. It's to make FGs that are moderately powerful, work out thematically, and are fun to play against. You don't have to make the deck as hard as possible, and it doesn't have to be able to beat every single anti-FG deck. If you did that, there's even a chance that people won't vote for it because they don't want another hard FG to lower their win rate.

I haven't played Elements in a while, so I forgot about some of the AI decision-making processes. If the AI steals your shield, will it never play another Phase Shield again?

Meh, it's your deck. No matter how much I like Darkness, I can't force you to change anything.
To be or not to be, I can do both at once. Go learn quantum mechanics, n00b.

• Legendary Member
Re: Theme: Forbidden Romance - Succubus https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19785.msg252351#msg252351
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2011, 03:59:03 am »
You have a fair point.  I'll consider it.

Offline Essence

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Voice of the Oracle -- Jezzie's Pimp -- Often Gone
  • Awards: 2nd Trials - Master of Water1st Trials - Master of WaterFG Deck-Designer - The OutcastsShard Madness! Competition WinnerEpic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerElder Recruiter
Re: Theme: Forbidden Romance - Succubus https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19785.msg252483#msg252483
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2011, 11:41:50 am »
I haven't played Elements in a while, so I forgot about some of the AI decision-making processes. If the AI steals your shield, will it never play another Phase Shield again?

Only if the shield it steals costs more than Phase Shield.  Permafrost, for example.  Jade and Hope can't be stolen, so that's no worry.  Diamond Shield would be a problem, as would Spine Carapace.   I do believe that's it, though.
If something happens and you think it deserves my attention, feel free to PM me. Other than that, I'm probably here if you want to shoot the breeze.

Offline moomoose

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 37
  • moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • I'm big in Japan.
  • Awards: Winner of the Mark Redesign competition!
Re: Theme: Forbidden Romance - Succubus https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19785.msg252620#msg252620
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2011, 04:06:32 pm »
"Gl1tch, the point of these FG design contests is not to make the most mind-numbingly difficult FG ever. It's to make FGs that are moderately powerful, work out thematically, and are fun to play against. You don't have to make the deck as hard as possible, and it doesn't have to be able to beat every single anti-FG deck. If you did that, there's even a chance that people won't vote for it because they don't want another hard FG to lower their win rate."

I agree.  The more I think about it, the more I think that FGs in general should not have an answer to everything (pc, cc, attack, antimatter resistance, quanta drain/denial etc), leaving room for another potential tier above theirs, and room for fun in the FG tier.  Then again, even thinking about fun may disqualify decks from this competition.
moose dont say moo.

anything
blarg: