*Author

Theme: Forbidden Romance - Lotus https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19674.msg249876#msg249876
« on: January 17, 2011, 06:49:59 am »
Code: [Select]
710 710 710 710 712 712 714 714 714 714 718 718 718 718 71a 71c 71c 71k 72i 72i 72i 72i 72i 72i 72i 7ai 7ai 7aj 7aj 7am 7am 7am 7am 7an 7an 7an 7an 7an 7ao 7ao 7ao 7ao
He was a warrior. She was a healer. They were never meant to meet.
He fell in battle. She tended to the wounded. Their eyes met as she nursed him.
They were on opposite sides.
He loved her life and energy. She loved his bravery and selflessness. They quickly fell in love.
His side lost the war. Her side was to return all captives. They fled the city.
They were both of the royal line.
His family mustered all their troops and prepared an army. Her family departed with vast sums of gold to ensure her return. They were on the run.
He was still sick, cursed by his own blade. She still tended to him, keeping him alive. They were too slow.
Their opponents found them.
He still fought on, using his own sickness against them. She healed him and enhanced his attacks. They worked beautifully as a team.
His family's army slowly withered away. Her family's paid mercenaries were failing. Their families never gave up.
They are still running away, forever fleeing from anyone trying to prevent their immortal love.

One day, someone will ultimately succeed.

Deck notes.
Aflatoxin should be played against the opponent early. Should also be played on an unused vulture for the combo with the Bonds. Epi's should be played on both Malignant Cells and Scorps. (Vultures if they grow). Either Spine carpace + aflatoxin makes opponent's field useless, or killing those nasty immortal creatures will net those condors some beautiful attack bonuses. Scorpions won't do much once a shield is up, but are a target for Aflas. Poison isn't huge, but will hurt, along with some field lockdown. Perm protection/control seems like overkill. Heals/Arsenic are obvious (fit with story too), Retrovirus is needing some more love, free death effects, works well with Spine Carpace. Should be able to outlast some of the smaller decks, if they haven't managed to kill it.

I figured Lotus symbolised Life and Death pretty well, and together, their love (and they) could be immortal, and everlasting.

Cynxos

Re: Theme: Forbidden Romance - Lotus https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19674.msg249911#msg249911
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 07:58:28 am »
The story gives me a feeling of Romeo and Juliet, in a twisted way.
It is a beautifull tale none the less.
Also I love decks that utilize the synergy between life and death.

Re: Theme: Forbidden Romance - Lotus https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19674.msg250443#msg250443
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 08:13:18 pm »
The story gives me a feeling of Romeo and Juliet, in a twisted way.
It is a beautifull tale none the less.
Also I love decks that utilize the synergy between life and death.
Thanks man! I wasn't too sure about the story here, I felt the pattern restricted my sentences and my ability to tell it smoothly, and it's always cool to hear it works.
And agreeing here too, Life/Death is probably one of the most interesting yet most underused duos.

Re: Theme: Forbidden Romance - Lotus https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19674.msg253169#msg253169
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2011, 04:21:02 am »
Funnily enough I didn't consider Romeo and Juliet (conciously) until after the story was finished. Originally, the couple were on the same side (different social classes) and had a baby (Light symbolising Hope) which was illegal (I would have thrown in some rustlers and solar shield, miracles and dropped some of the offense), but this version seemed much simpler, and there would be multiple shields/rustler and overall it seemed even harder for the AI to play)

The AI is a problem, but I figured make an awesome deck first, then worry about any AI problems. I'm not sure if I fully achieved the first, so for now I will ignore the second. If Zanz likes the deck enough, then he would find a way.

I didn't design it that much for Anti-FG but for anti-Cards. I wanted to keep it CC less to make Quint a dead card. but I added the Retrovirii to work against Fractal RoLs. Antimatter doesn't have any obvious targets (with the exception of Condors, which won't be amazing against CCYB anyway). Poison should bypass those popular Permafrosts (unfortunately Scorpions do exactly 2 damage). PC will be quite essential, Thorn carpace will be brutal to quinted creatures and RoLs.
I don't know much about Shakars, but an even chance is probably about what it deserves (I don't want the next Hermes, yet making a Neptune would be a bit humiliating)
The AI will never play this perfectly, but hopefully it will play it well enough to give anyone a challenge,

anything
blarg: