*Author

Multiplayer Lobby https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18519.msg235811#msg235811
« on: December 29, 2010, 11:25:27 pm »
While nobody has ever managed to get an accurate number on it, most of the people who play this game are attracted to the idea of PvP. Howeverm the PvP section of the game is small compared to the PvE section. In the game itself, we only have 3 options. Play without upped cards, Play with any cards, and play a friend. Granted, the forums are here to offer restrictive deckbuilding, more people to play and organised leagues/tournaments; But for the most part, people playing don't go on the Forums.

My idea would be to have one (main) screen for all PvE gameplay. Level 0 through to 6, the oracle, reward codes, account settings ect. Then a button to take you to a 'PvP' Lobby. This would be a similar (probably less developed) screen, with PvP1 and PvP2 being the main buttons here (with bazaar and manage deck), and their functions would be exactly the same. However, on the screen would be a chat (separate to both Elements and Kong chat). It wouldn't have to be sophisticated, just a way of finding new players to PvP Duel, and if the communication works, then you can ask for certain decks you don't want to play to not be played. It would be impossible to actually make players play the deck they choose, so it would all be done through PvP duel. Ideally if you agreed, there would be some kind of way to directly PvP Duel them rather than one person waiting forever for a non speedbow person who is meanwhile laughing in the chatroom at his own wit.

This suggestion is quite big huge, since it would require the set-up of a whole new chat room, and preferrably mods with some 'mute' power. Despite the problems and size of this, I think it would be the right step forward for PvP, if that is the direction the game intends to go.

I'm not going to put a poll 'Do you like this idea?', because I assume that most people think, 'Yes' or "It wouldn't hurt'. The problem is that despite the idea (hopefully) being good, it would require much cost on the side of the developer, so please consider that in any responses.

Comments/Critiques? I promise I'll be nice even if you hate it :)

Here is a very professional image of how I think it would look.
Why yes, I am using a mouse, and yes, I did use paint. How did you guess?

The Smiley Face indicates friends (I had to choose you for that Legit).
The star indicates wanting to challenge.
The (M) indicates Moderator
I meant for three stars to be beside me, but I only noticed two after, so whatever.

The red thing is the 'profile' of Fart Eco, which came up when I clicked him. The red colour is very obnoxious, so feel free to ignore that. In general, this was done VERY roughly, so I'm sorry about that. But this is a general idea. ddevans, if you can make a better one, please do, and be creative with it if you want. I know I missed something here...and that's not including the button to take you back to the main area of the game.

Offline Legit

• Reputation Power: 18
  • Legit is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Legit is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Legit is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Laxydaxy drives a taxi
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWar #3 Winner - Team FirePsuedo-Element Winner (Tech)
Re: Multiplayer Lobby https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18519.msg235819#msg235819
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 11:30:44 pm »
This isn't a bad idea, actually. However, I'm against changing the game interface for this idea, because I think there are different methods that can be used to obtain the same result with less work.

For example, we could create a "PvP lobby" in the chat section. (It would be a category like "General Discussion" and "Tournament Room #1") There could be a link on the main game screen, near the PvP buttons, that says "Find an opponent in chat" or something. The link would take them to the Elements chat. This could achieve both a Multiplayer lobby that you suggested, and it would also allow new players to enter the community and the forums/chat will grow.

Offline EvaRia

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • I~am~Eva, ~Chillwind~ I~am~Ria, ~Searwind~
  • Awards: War #5 Winner - Team Aether
Re: Multiplayer Lobby https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18519.msg235890#msg235890
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2010, 01:37:58 am »
I think it would be cool to have some sort of game lobby, maybe kind of like spectate, but better.

It would make PvPing and Tournaments much easier to organize. But definitely not a priority, as it would take a while to code.

Re: Multiplayer Lobby https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18519.msg236412#msg236412
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2010, 07:59:02 pm »
I think it would be cool to have some sort of game lobby, maybe kind of like spectate, but better.

It would make PvPing and Tournaments much easier to organize. But definitely not a priority, as it would take a while to code.
No, this is the opposite. This is like a way to organise (or semi organise) for people who don't use/know about the forums, who don't want to create an account, or who only want to play when they can and want to, rather than letting a forum dictate it. (Which is a much better system, but if all the players of elements suddenly wanted to take part in War, WoE or Leagues, I am sure it would be extremely difficult to keep track of, and make work)

This isn't a bad idea, actually. However, I'm against changing the game interface for this idea, because I think there are different methods that can be used to obtain the same result with less work.

For example, we could create a "PvP lobby" in the chat section. (It would be a category like "General Discussion" and "Tournament Room #1") There could be a link on the main game screen, near the PvP buttons, that says "Find an opponent in chat" or something. The link would take them to the Elements chat. This could achieve both a Multiplayer lobby that you suggested, and it would also allow new players to enter the community and the forums/chat will grow.
Generally, chat sections other than General Discussion get ignored, unless there is a tourney going on. And to be honest here, I doubt that our Elements chat would be very happy to see 4 new members repeatedly saying "Wanna pvp" and then nothing ever getting done. Our chat also tends to veer off topic, and I'm not sure it would be 100% appropriate for some 10-13 year old to wander onto the chatrooms and become flooded with any one of conversations that tend to include Gl1tch, Higurashi and GirlsGeneration ( ;) ). On the other hand, if as soon as anyone wandered into the PvP lobby they were automatically in chat, then there would be no problem with finding people to pvp in the right section, and no 'wrong' section to go into. (Also I'm not sure the chat is fully compatible with any poor unfortunate IE users out there...)

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Multiplayer Lobby https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18519.msg236419#msg236419
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2010, 08:05:11 pm »
Our chat also tends to veer off topic, and I'm not sure it would be 100% appropriate for some 10-13 year old to wander onto the chatrooms and become flooded with any one of conversations that tend to include Gl1tch, Higurashi and GirlsGeneration ( ;) ).
You should probably add Dragoon1140, willng3, and myself to this list :))

On topic: This is great for many games and I think it would be a nice addition to elements as well. I could make an example screencap of how this could look so others can get the idea easier :)
discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

Offline Legit

• Legit is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Legit is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Legit is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Laxydaxy drives a taxi
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWar #3 Winner - Team FirePsuedo-Element Winner (Tech)
Re: Multiplayer Lobby https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18519.msg236428#msg236428
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2010, 08:14:04 pm »
Good points, I just wanted to say what I thought about the idea. However,

Quote from: DrunkDestroyer
Generally, chat sections other than General Discussion get ignored, unless there is a tourney going on.
Obviously. xD

Re: Multiplayer Lobby https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18519.msg236635#msg236635
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2010, 12:02:33 am »

I meant for three stars to be beside me, but I only noticed two after, so whatever.

The red thing is the 'profile' of Fart Eco, which came up when I clicked him. The red colour is very obnoxious, so feel free to ignore that. In general, this was done VERY roughly, so I'm sorry about that. But this is a general idea. ddevans, if you can make a better one, please do, and be creative with it if you want. I know I missed something here...and that's not including the button to take you back to the main area of the game.

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Multiplayer Lobby https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18519.msg236637#msg236637
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2010, 12:08:02 am »

I'm not sure I need to now. That was pure genius :))

I'll try to make one that looks really pretty though :)
discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

Syriouz

Re: Multiplayer Lobby https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18519.msg236644#msg236644
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2010, 12:22:17 am »
You have amazing artistic talents  :P ... i never would have guessed u used a mouse ... and paint you say!?!?! ... fantastic job ... start the bidding at 50K ELectrum :P .. lol

Offline Legit

• Laxydaxy drives a taxi
Re: Multiplayer Lobby https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18519.msg236669#msg236669
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2010, 12:48:45 am »
That is simply amazing. I want it to look exactly like that.

Re: Multiplayer Lobby https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18519.msg244267#msg244267
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2011, 01:13:04 am »
Any comments on the actual idea, or the layout of the lobby?
As much as I like ego stroking the idea was pretty serious. The allusions to rotface were just...necessary.

And while this may be a bump...I consider it ok since it's me.

Offline RootRanger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 51
  • RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • R A I N B R O S
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake10th Trials - Master of FireElemental Conquest WinnerWriting Competition - Across(tic) the World of ElementsWeekly Tournament Winner1st Grandmaster Battle Winner - FireThere Can Be Only One - 2016 WinnerGold DonorChampionship League 2/2015 2nd Place9th Trials - Master of FireElements: A Game of Politics - WinnerEnder of War War #8 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2013 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team DeathChampionship League 3/2011 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 2/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerBeginners League 1/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament Winner
Re: Multiplayer Lobby https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=18519.msg244377#msg244377
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2011, 03:58:18 am »
I don't see what "Wins, Losses, Score, and Electrum" are for. Perhaps they sort the players on the chat lobby by wins, loss, score, and electrum? I would like that.
I also think that only stats from the most recent, say, month, should be displayed. Some people start playing PvP as a noob but get much better, yet keep their noob losses.
Also notice how seemingly the moderators are unable to ban peple (Fart Eco is there).

Otherwise, I think it looks great. I would spend some time making a more aesthetic version of the same layout, but I don't think I am able to.
Somehow still around, somewhat

anything
blarg: