*Author

Active members:
vrt(1) UTTERDARK(1)

Offline vrtTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 40
  • vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Elitist Graphics Whore
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeCard Art Competition 1st Place
Art Class - Rules and Explanation https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16970.msg216791#msg216791
« on: December 05, 2010, 12:15:58 am »
Hello, and welcome to the Elements Art Class! This will be a training ground, where anyone who is dedicated can improve their artistic skills. We'll be working towards one final goal, and that is to create artwork for cards in the Card Ideas section, and, if some good stuff comes out of this, possibly in Elements The Game!

Pepokish and me will be at the head of this project; please bear with us, it's possible there's some kinks in it still. We'll be trying to sort out everything in due time. If you're interested in the Art Class, you're free to join up, but keep in mind that there are a few requirements. These will be detailed below.

There will be a few rules for the Art Class forum that are different from the normal sections of the forum; please read them and stick to them!

• This is a place to learn, not show off. With this in mind, any comments that are along the lines of 'wow kewl' or 'omg so pretty' will be removed. Constructive feedback is fine (and no, doesn't have to be negative), but things like that will only clutter up a thread.
  • Keep image sizes at or below 1024x768, JPG or PNG.. Threads here will be image-heavy, side-scrolling and huge filesizes are really the last thing we need.
  • Degrading people's work doesn't happen. Simple as that. If you think something isn't good, you can explain it nicely. Insulting someone's hard work is an utter no-go, however.
If you want to take part in the Art Class, and receive the help we want to offer you, we expect a few things in return. These are the following:
  • Be dedicated. Both pepokish and myself have lives of our own. We're not going to spend our time on people who aren't willing to put in some effort.
  • Be able to upload your work. You can use any medium you want, but if we can't see progress shots and/or the final outcome, we can't help you very much!
  • Be able to handle critique. If you freak out when someone points out the guy in your drawing has six fingers, this isn't the place for you. Every flaw will be pointed out in order to help you improve. If you can't handle that, class ends right there.
  • Be helpful. Everyone in the Art Class is part of a team; nobody is better or worse.
  • Use copyrighted material and you're out. Simple as that.
Finally, there's one disclaimer that I'll put in here: By submitting work to the Art Class, you grant permission to pepokish and myself to edit and display your work for educational purposes. This means we could re-upload your work with a red-line overlay, in example.

See you in class!
So long and thanks for all the fish!

Offline UTTERDARK

• Reputation Power: 1
  • UTTERDARK is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • ELEMENTS ROCKKKKKKKKK!!!
Re: Art Class - Rules and Explanation https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16970.msg1031287#msg1031287
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2013, 03:55:48 pm »
Hello new player ahm if ever i pass a art work should i ask permission or can i just post it ??thanks for the time..
Kneel before the God of the ravenous fire and screeching death of the darkness empire..

blarg: